Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What's on the idiot box?

• Please log in to reply
513 replies to this topic

Gromnir

Gromnir

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 6937 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

whoa, hey, just a little obstacle course fun, no need to throw the Sweetness card.

we will take any excuse to post clips o' chicago's 34.  is kinda funny that in 2016, payton would not have been anywhere near a first round draft pick in spite o' the fact that one famous nfl scout once observed that along with anthony munoz and john elway, payton were the only perfect college football players he had ever witnessed. ran ~ a 4.6 40.  seemed faster 'cause o' incredible vision, balance and explosiveness, but he didn't have top-end speed.  regardless, is our pick for best all-time rb. not just 'cause he were a fantastic runner (would actually choose jim brown or barry sanders as pure runners before payton... maybe gale sayers too ) but as a complete back, we don't believe we has seen anybody in the same class.  

is an anecdote that john mckay, the former bucs and usc coach, showed his tampa bay squad film o' THE perfect play-- were a block by payton followed by a 3 yd pass reception.  made 'em watch it over and over. 

lambert is actually the guy we modeled our own playstyle after even though we played safety and not mlb.  intimidation and intelligence.  in spite o' the fact that lambert were not the most physical gifted player, he always maximized his opportunities to make a play by being in the correct spot to do so.  lambert played smart.  'course once he had a chance to make a play, he punished opponents, and then he talked trash... talked lots.

regardless, once football season starts, we can't enjoy a "little obstacle course."  we already admitted it ain't rational, but our contact sport bias is at its height in september. 

HA! Good Fun!

• ManifestedISO likes this

ManifestedISO

ManifestedISO

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1697 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Wow, safety, we always thought you were the Mike Singletary of the neighborhood, what with the look and all. 

Gromnir

Gromnir

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 6937 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Wow, safety, we always thought you were the Mike Singletary of the neighborhood, what with the look and all. 

our position coach at Cal remarked that he were surprised we made it to california seeing as how it woulda' been impossible to get our hands through an airport metal detector.  we observed that Gromnir drove all the way from illinois.  *shrug* we were kinda a bob sanders safety, though we has been told that we have "serial killer eyes," which we is twisted enough to take as a compliment. relative stout, fast and hard hitting.  were state finals in in both 100 and indoor 55, but coach were correct 'bout our hands.  far more passes defensed than interceptions.

and as fate would have it, the guy on our high school team who played mike ended up 1st team all-state.  now He were the real deal.

HA! Good Fun!

Nonek

Nonek

Not of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3035 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Fun little teaser for when National City's palm trees become pine trees.

She really ought to take those shoulder pads back to the 80's, their natural habitat.

Is it just me that thinks about the poor workman who comes along to his nice freshly concreted square and beholds the mass destruction this alien has wrought on it, for no other reason than to look cool? I bet she never comes back and lends a hand or pays for the damages.

Blasted Extra Terresestrials taking our capes!

Raithe

Raithe

Lurking Caped One of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3199 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Waiting on the new series of Red Dwarf.

Apparently it was being filmed in a lot next to Star Wars Rogue One.

• Serrano and Nonek like this

Gromnir

Gromnir

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 6937 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Fun little teaser for when National City's palm trees become pine trees.

edit: video removed

She really ought to take those shoulder pads back to the 80's, their natural habitat.

Is it just me that thinks about the poor workman who comes along to his nice freshly concreted square and beholds the mass destruction this alien has wrought on it, for no other reason than to look cool? I bet she never comes back and lends a hand or pays for the damages.

Blasted Extra Terresestrials taking our capes!

no capes.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir, 15 September 2016 - 11:19 AM.

• Amentep likes this

ShadySands

ShadySands

The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2294 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Starting watching Atlanta on FX. I like it but it's pretty weird.

Gfted1

Gfted1

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 5169 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

American Horror Story S6E1. So far so good.

• BruceVC likes this

Oerwinde

Oerwinde

Treacherous Decepticon

• Members
  • 2910 posts
  • Location:Cybertron, hidden in an extradimensional space in Canada.
  • Xbox Gamertag:Oerwinde (also Playstation Network ID)
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
South Park ripped on Hillary, Trump, Black Lives Matter, Paul Feig, female comedians, collective guilt, Colin Kaepernick, JJ Abrams, and reboots. Not bad for one episode.
  • the_dog_days likes this

BruceVC

BruceVC

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4326 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

American Horror Story S6E1. So far so good.

Awesome, I didnt know it had been  released 

ManifestedISO

ManifestedISO

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1697 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

New Lucifer, funny. Good costumes, photography. Amenadiel felt strangely powerless, which was weird. He was Luke Cage last season ... 

Gfted1

Gfted1

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 5169 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Maybe the detective

Spoiler

kirottu

kirottu

Luchador Ninja

• Members
  • 4484 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

But she needs to be near for her power to work.

• Gfted1 and ManifestedISO like this

Nonek

Nonek

Not of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3035 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Last episode of Battlestar Galactica's first season. The fleet need Starbuck to deliver a nuclear warhead onto a Basestar with her stolen Cylon ship, while the president wishes her to go back to Caprica with it and fetch the Arrow of Apollo. Instead of undermining one another and fighting over this resource, why not simply do one thing and then the other? The fleet is not in imminent danger and neither the President nor Adama are unreasonable before this point, this seems like a very manufactured and inorganic conflict.

Still a good programme in terms of quality, though the universe and the characater building seems far less well plotted and paced than Babylon 5. How the devil Gaius is going to bring a child to term with his imaginary companion i'm not even going to attempt to work out, though it seems that the organic Cylons are built to mimic humanity so much that they simply are a manufactured offshoot of the species, strange that Cylons would wish to ape their despised creators so much.

ManifestedISO

ManifestedISO

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1697 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Agent Vasquez, DEO special operator, National City, DC cinematic universe ... now one of Marvel's Agents of SHIELD. I don't even know which way is up anymore.

Ghost Rider was pretty chill, though.  

kirottu

kirottu

Luchador Ninja

• Members
  • 4484 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Ghost Rider was cool, but the episode gave me really strong "2nd season Daredevil" vibe, all that vigilante vs vigilante stuff. I do hope they go another direction with it. 

quidproquo

quidproquo

(2) Evoker

• Validating
  • 72 posts

Battlestar Galactica

Don't know if you've seen the whole series and don't want to spoiler it for you if not, but agree that it's an excellent series. There's one scene with one of the main characters that I think is one of the very best seen on a serial.
  • BruceVC and Nonek like this

ManifestedISO

ManifestedISO

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1697 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Ghost Rider was cool, but the episode gave me really strong "2nd season Daredevil" vibe, all that vigilante vs vigilante stuff. I do hope they go another direction with it. 

Unlike last year at this time, no blu-ray announcement for the previous season, nor for Agent Carter ... am guessing AoS has entered its final series.

Which might be entertaining ... when the writers get the pink slip, SHIELD goes off the rails: Yo-yo, dead; Mack and Coulson, dead in each other's arms; Lincoln, back from the dead, only to be re-killed by ninja Agent May; Fitz and Simmons, married in Hawaii.

I do love Jemma.

Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Still a good programme in terms of quality, though the universe and the characater building seems far less well plotted and paced than Babylon 5.

Once you've seen Babylon 5, all other sci-fi since then pales in comparison. 

• Raithe and Nonek like this

Majek

Majek

Obsidian Order's Whatchamacallit

• Members
  • 2746 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

So, has anyone seen first episode of either  Lethal Weapon or Macgyver?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users