What's on the idiot box?

Rosbjerg

Judge Dredd tv series in development, Jennifer Morrison is leaving Once Upon a Time, (and the Charmings too most likely), and with Emma gone there isn't much reason to keep Hook on the show. Its been renewed for another season so it sounds like Regina will be the new main character.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Babylon 5 streaming for free

Babylon 5 is streaming free for the first time ever.

With the exception of a 15-second commercial ad at the top of each B5 episode, Babylon 5 started streaming with no ads, no interruptions. We couldn't believe either. There are three "gotchas" which we will share, but first the good stuff.

IT'S TRUE. REALLY. FREE BABYLON 5 STREAMING
Available through Go90, a video service owned by Verizon, Babylon 5 streaming is open and free to all mobile devices (via app or web) and computers (web only). You can even watch without having to sign-up or sign-in.

That said, signing up -- which is free -- has one big advantage, you can can cast every episode of Babylon 5 from your mobile device to your television or monitor. Because Go90 is also available on the web, you have the option to connect or stream to a TV monitor using a computer for higher quality streaming.

Bottom line: Babylon 5 streaming free, no interruptions, every season, every episode.

"Fans are going crazy" says Jan Schroeder, founder of Free Babylon 5, a movement she began in 2013 to get Babylon 5 back on the air. The second generation "millennial" fans finally get to watch the show they way they want: on their cell phones and tablets." Now instead of raving about Babylon 5 to friends and co-workers, established fans send them a link to watch all 110 episodes for free, without ads or interruptions.

THE THREE GOTCHAS
Gotcha #1: According to Variety, fans should start watching now as the deal is believed to be for a year or less.

Gotcha #2 – The arrangement does not include the four TV movies, which includes the show's pilot as well as three additional 2 hour films.

Gotcha #3 Streaming is available only in the U.S. If you are non-U.S. the way to get around this is by using a Virtual Private Network (VPN) that makes Go90 think you are in the U.S.  To our knowledge this VPN best one for video streaming.

WHAT TOOK SO LONG?
Despite insane exposure from references in shows like the Big Bang Theory and Breaking Bad, Babylon 5 never been streamed free or available on subscription services like Netflix or Amazon Prime Video, until now. We are just guessing but we thinks it's possible that since Go90 licensed 6 other shows in addition to Babylon 5 from Warner Bros may be using it to draw attention to these other programs.. B5 is clearly the Rosetta Stone of this arrangement with the most seasons, the most episodes and the most notoriety.

Babylon 5 first appeared on laserdisc and VHS tape in 1998. DVDs of the show started their release in 2002 and have been reprinted and repackaged ever since. It's believed that the Babylon 5 on Blu-ray or HD streaming will never happen for technical reasons. (Click here for a complete explanation.)

The surprise announcement came Tuesday, April 4, 2017 when Warner Bros Domestic Television Distribution and Go90 announced the arrangement of a sci-fi package of 7 shows that also includes Veronica Mars and Fringe in addition to Babylon 5.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

am kinda surprised, given the way this board reacts to divisive issues, that the mr. nancy intro (series original content btw) failed to result in polarized dialog.  our initial conclusion is less people hereabouts  is watching than we expected.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

am kinda surprised, given the way this board reacts to divisive issues, that the mr. nancy intro (series original content btw) failed to result in polarized dialog.  our initial conclusion is less people hereabouts  is watching than we expected.

HA! Good Fun!

I plan on watching it closer towards the end of the season. Netflix has spoiled me and while I don't watch whole seasons in a day or two I do like to go at my own pace rather than waiting for them to trickle out.

I've been watching Wynonna Earp which I thought was incredibly cheesy at first and now 3 or so days later I'm on episode 8 and might finish the 13 episode season in the next couple of days. It's still cheesy but it's grown on me. It feels like a Canadian spin on Supernatural though I'm not sure if that makes much sense because I'm pretty sure Supernatural is filmed in Canada and I have no idea if this is a Canadian production or not but it has a "Canadian feel" to it.

Edit- I guess I should have googled before posting. It looks like it's based on a comic and is a Canadian production. 1 for 2 isn't bad

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

For the old call out..

Tor - SyFys Dune miniseries is the most okay adaption of the book to date

I do have fond memories of that one, it didn't completely work, but it had a lot of good points and honest attempts.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Has he new Twin Peaks season started yet? I'm interested to see what they do with it. I'm also looking forward to the new season of Fargo. I'm optimistic about one of these.

May 21.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I've been watching Wynonna Earp which I thought was incredibly cheesy at first and now 3 or so days later I'm on episode 8 and might finish the 13 episode season in the next couple of days. It's still cheesy but it's grown on me. It feels like a Canadian spin on Supernatural though I'm not sure if that makes much sense because I'm pretty sure Supernatural is filmed in Canada and I have no idea if this is a Canadian production or not but it has a "Canadian feel" to it.

Edit- I guess I should have googled before posting. It looks like it's based on a comic and is a Canadian production. 1 for 2 isn't bad

Watched the first episode of that show and banned it immediately. So bad, so bad. Also so typical canadian. It's just like Lost Girl or Killjoys. Why are they keep on doing this?

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Might get flamed for this a bit but I don't think Babylon 5 aged that gracefully and I find myself disagreeing with a few points - those "realistic" space physics were dropped soon in favor of more traditional space battles and calling the cast a set of good actors when said cast includes (and features prominently, even) Bruce Boxleitner and Mira Furlan is stretching it. Actually... I'd argue that with the exception of Andreas Katsulas most of the supporting cast easily outshines the main cast and he was stuck in a rather limiting rubber head all the time.

Don't get me wrong I love B5 for its character development, storyline and the general mystery that instills a sense of not being able to wait for the next episode and these elements are more than enough to carry the show - except maybe in season 5. But once the mystery is over it's noticable that there are some rusty spots below the shiny coat of paint. :)

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I'm watching B5 for the first time. Just started season 3 last week.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Imagine how cool it would be if some talented graphic dudes would pick up the task to remake all of the full CGI scenes (space battles, etc) with modern day technology, then cutting it all back together with the original audio over it and planting it back into the episodes.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Finished Legion over the weekend, absolutely loved it despite a rather lacklustre ending and a pretty silly post-credits sequence. Watching American Gods now... I haven't read the original source and I am so far enjoying this though I am also getting something of a Watchmen adaptation vibe out of it. I'll make sure to check the source material soon.

• Like 1

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

I believe American Gods has a dong quota that says at least two dongs need to be visible per episode. Reminds me a bit of that spartacus tv show where also every episode got at least one or two naked man running through the screen. :>

Imagine how cool it would be if some talented graphic dudes would pick up the task to remake all of the full CGI scenes (space battles, etc) with modern day technology, then cutting it all back together with the original audio over it and planting it back into the episodes.

Supposedly the series was shot in widescreen, but instead of paying to remaster the film using the widescreen images, they just cut and zoomed to make the widescreen releases.

That said it has enough following I think eventually it'll get a real remaster in both image and CGI.

Did he bash CDP already yet again for what they did to the Witcher? :p

I feel like Mads Mikkelsen would be perfect as Geralt. Have him in mind already for years.

Edited by Lexx

Flash penultimate episode was again typical for S3

OK, so Argus has a meta power dampening field which stops Barry's speed and from which you have to steal a McGuffin to save Iris. Why not put Iris inside said meta power dampening field instead? Problem solved? If you don't think about it too much it was a pretty good episode which hasn't always been the case this season, but all the time travelling etc introduces far too many plot holes. And since they used the face shifting tech it's pretty likely it wasn't even Iris who got skewered anyway so there isn't even much emotional impact.

Both Legends and Arrow have been better this year. Actually, Arrow S5 has been very good even without the comparison to a weak Flash season, and Legends was great for the sort of tongue in cheek fun Flash used to do (and to be fair, did do well last week).

I have a bad feeling about this

*Star Trek Discovery Trailer used to be here*

So the main character is half human half vulcan, who has a bad dad. Everything else in the trailer was a mess. I have absolutely no idea what is going on. Perhaps that's the reason why they removed the trailer?

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.