Will deck 4 be released next week

I'm gonna look at the fact that A) there's 1 week left in June, B) we've heard nothing, C) this game's track record with release dates over the past two years is a solid D-, and venture forth a guess of "no" in response to your question. :)

Not that I mind! AD3 was released with some unforgivable bugs, the two most glaring of which still haven't been fixed, so if Obsidian wants to take 1-3 extra weeks to make AD4 rock solid, I'm glad they're doing it!

Not that I mind! AD3 was released with some unforgivable bugs, the two most glaring of which still haven't been fixed.

What two bugs are those? I haven't noticed any earth shattering ones. A few annoyances like Goblin pre-checks that sometimes don't go off before combat and then there's that one scenario where the monster hops around and you have to get more allies - that seems a little buggy too. 

I'm going to say yes ...

Borissimo has been wrong before.

I sure have! And boy were those happy times. :)

Two huge outstanding bugs:

1) If the ending to Here Comes the Flood is triggered by Black Magga munching the last card or by the blessings deck running out, your party can't advance to the next scenario (despite seeing a victory screen).

2) When selecting cards from the vault between scenarios in AD3, you're only able to pick basics. This one is murderous! You're supposed to be able to grab any card from the base set, C-deck, and AD1, and not being able to do this really messed up both of my campaigns.

Kyra and Mersiel are still bugged as well with their new role powers.

Merisiel's "Inspired Dexterity" often banishes the card instead of reaching it, meaning choosing the ability makes her worse.

Kyra's  "Dawnflower's Favor" frequently causes the turn to reset with the cards spent on the check being lost, regardless of if it was a success or fail. (For example I just had Kyra explore, get a trap, and spent 3 cards to get a success including Kyra's Blessing of Sarenrae. After recharging it the trap just disappeared but the top of the deck was flashing for Kyra to explore again even though I did not use an ability to get an extra exploration, and when she explored the trap showed up again, and all the cards I had spent previously to pass it were gone.)

Kyra's is particularly game breaking as if I need to use a blessing to pass a check, having the turn reset while missing the cards I used to pass the check typically means I'm screwed for that turn. (and it seems to happen more often when I spend a bunch of cards to get the success, but maybe I'm just exceedingly unlucky)

Honestly I'm kind of frustrated that they rushed out a hot-fix for "here comes the flood" because that was allowing people to get gold a little easier, (it doesn't take much effort to redo lower level stages on legendary anyway) but have left the two character's that everyone starts with broken for a month. I was expecting another hot-fix shortly there after as Kyra is basically unplayable for me now. I have to make a conscious effort not to use her new ability that I was initially excited to get just so that I don't risk getting burned by it.

It feels like "here comes the flood" was a priority because people might spend less money if they can get gold easy, but fixing these abilities isn't because if anything it just pushes people to buy other characters so they can have ones that work, and makes me less inclined to want to spend more money in the future.

To be perfectly honest (and a little cynical) ... I'm not the slightest bit shocked that the role cards are jacked. For starters, you can only put one power feat into a role card before AD4 is out, so I bet a lot of the feats beyond the first aren't even implemented yet.

As for the feats that are implemented, the only players who will find out there's a bug are the ones who'll A) pick them, and B) actually go back and replay old scenarios for some reason. When my campaigns finished AD3, I simply stopped playing, and I'm sure I'm not alone. For the players who kept at it, I bet many simply picked the +hand size or other straightforward feats, not the more complex ones that require planning (such as needing a lot of a particular blessing). Given how huge and rushed the AD3 update was, I'm not surprised Obsidian let slip a few egregious role card bugs, knowing most players wouldn't know or care about them till they got fixed with the release of AD4.

So yeah, even if it takes till the end of July for Obsidian to finally fix these obvious bugs and actually make the role cards and scenarios work, I won't mind!

It would be nice to get an updated ETA. I don't mind if it's June, July or whenever - but it would be nice if they had a thread on here which kept us posted so we knew when to start getting excited for real :)

Edited by h4ppy

Well to be fair, I chose both Inspired Dexterity and Dawnflower's Favor after completing AD3 with Merisiel and Kyra; i then went back to AD2 to complete all scenarios at heroic and legendary difficulty and I never had any issue with these two power feats. Can't say for sure they've been working 100% of the times, but they sure did every time I cared.

Actually, I even noticed that Kyra finally started being awarded the magic trait when using her Enemy Lore power. I know because I was able to defeat Ms. Foxglove. Overall, I've not encountered any bug in a long time.

My only complaint is when a company doesn't correct themselves.

They said, June, but it wasn't ready by June.

I would really appreciate an update when they miss a deadline they said.

Like, "Hey, we just need a few more days." or, "When we said June, we meant June-ish. It's coming." Or " June? That was supposed to say July. Give us a few more weeks gang."

They just posted.

They did just post something and it looks like the new patch does NOT contain AD4.

The fact that its version is 1.3.5 and not 1.4 is also a rather telling sign.  :getlost:

More seriously, I'm fine that they delay AD4 as long as we get a bug fix first for the more blocking bugs (like the wrong reward for quest level 30, this one has stopped me from playing quest mode until it is fixed), and the coming 1.3.5 patch should be that with a bonus of some new treasure cards, so yeah I  suppose !  :dancing:

• Like 1

Hi Folks, 

Yeah, it's July and Deck 4 isn't out there.  For that I apologize.

There are a ton of "are you kidding me?!" moments that happened and issues that had to be fixed that June just seemed to disappear. Some day when I am yelling at the kids to get off my lawn and turn down their so-called music I will tell the ol' story of June '16 and where it went.

We are going to get Deck 4 out with some proper testing prior to release but the store is going to say, "Coming Soon!" until we have a concrete date to announce for you.

confused.gif

June '16

On the plus side, Deck 4 to Decks 5 and 6 will be a much faster turn around because of the processes we now have in place.

-F

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks, 

Yeah, it's July and Deck 4 isn't out there.  For that I apologize.

There are a ton of "are you kidding me?!" moments that happened and issues that had to be fixed that June just seemed to disappear. Some day when I am yelling at the kids to get off my lawn and turn down their so-called music I will tell the ol' story of June '16 and where it went.

We are going to get Deck 4 out with some proper testing prior to release but the store is going to say, "Coming Soon!" until we have a concrete date to announce for you.

confused.gif

June '16

On the plus side, Deck 4 to Decks 5 and 6 will be a much faster turn around because of the processes we now have in place.

-F

I'm sure I'm not in the minority here when I say 'Please can we have AD4 already?'!!

They have not announced when ad4 can come out, so no need for apologies. It can take some weeks or some months. Who knows, but there is no any information about when it should be released. They will, when They know. One good reason would be need to rewrite some basic rutines. Sometimes it can be better to make some new code that repair old.

• Like 1