Attacking Issue

viruk1

Question

I got the game recently and was really looking forward to playing but I'm having some issue when trying to attack in game.

Whenever I select an enemy to attack, my character performs a walk action to the target instead. If I don't have AI turned on, my character just walks up and stop in front of the enemy and not attack. 

This occurs with a character that has a ranged weapon equipped also, instead of attacking the enemy (that's within range) the order becomes a movement action instead. Eg. I select an enemy to attack, my ranged character walks right next to the enemy and just stands there. It will attack the enemy if I set the AI to be defensive etc. but only after walking right up to the enemy.

I've taken a screenshot as an example below:

This is at the beginning of the game, I am surrounded by Xaurips. I have turned off the AI (to show the issue). I selected the bottom right Xaurip as my attack target. You'll notice that there is a small green circle underneath that enemy, my character will then try to walk towards that spot (walking around the enemy if needed) and then just stand there not attacking (you'll notice the portrait shows a movement action also).

Is the combat supposed to be like this? The way I am playing now, is to set the AI to defensive and then just let my characters attack by themselves. I am unable to choose which enemy I want to target because if I try to, it stops the auto attack AI and my character just walks around the enemy before stopping and the auto attack AI kicks in again.

I have the latest patch (bought via steam) and have searched the net for this issue (but only found a few people experiencing this and no fix offered)

Really hoping I can find a fix to this as I cannot plan my battles but instead let the auto attack do the work...

post-163856-0-72683500-1464826790_thumb.jpg

2 answers to this question

Hey viruk1,

Man, you are really making me earn it with this one, lol. My first guess would be that maybe you remapped your controls in your Settings Menu. As a first step, I'd suggest going into that menu and setting it to default. Other then that, are you using any programs to alter your mouse and key board (like keytweak)?

I got your back

-Sking 

Hey viruk1,

Man, you are really making me earn it with this one, lol. My first guess would be that maybe you remapped your controls in your Settings Menu. As a first step, I'd suggest going into that menu and setting it to default. Other then that, are you using any programs to alter your mouse and key board (like keytweak)?

I got your back

-Sking 

Omg Sking, why didn't I think of that first lol.

Yep, looks like the mapping for the attack key was unbound (might've accidentally deleted it!).

My bad, thank you so much for the help! Now back to the game!