You, guys, whoever came up with the Heroic power of Here Comes the Flood - it's not even funny! When that overgrown Nessy chomp a whole location in two bites, that doesn't leave much hope for winning.

I understand introducing Heroic/Legendary powers that require different player approach, and incentivize new tactics (it can be argued that even the horrendous Into the Mountains falls into this category), but to make an already pretty random scenario even more luck-based...Ughhh.

I wished you'd considered making the power something like "Difficulty to acquire allies is increased by 1"" or some-such. It would still be thematically tied to the scenario, but it would at least put into players' hands a decision about resource allocation, instead of leaving them at the mercy of the dice.

So, yeah, yo' Magga so fat, I hope she moulds out of her stupid skin!

Peace out.

• Like 1

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

This feels similar to me to the +2d4 goblin difficulty power on Approach to Thistletop, but worse. Completely out of whack with the other stuff. I'm just not sure if "balance" among different missions of the same relative level is something they are even interested in. It kind of seems like having an occasional scenario, wildcard power or heroic mission power that spikes the difficulty much more than other similar powers or missions at the same level is intended, since this isn't the first time we've seen this.

I think Here Comes the Flood is one of the worst scenarios in the game in the first place.

I like the basic idea, that it works quite differently from the standard scenario format, that you're rushing around trying to save as many people as you can manage. But the execution makes it incredibly random, which is frustrating more often than not, as you frequently feel like there was nothing you could've done any better and you still lost.

Increasing the Black Magga chomp to 1d6 only exacerbates that in my opinion.

So I agree, a different Heroic power like making allies harder to acquire would feel a little less frustrating (but nothing's going to make this scenario not frustrating, even on Normal, if you ask me).

• Like 1

It is somewhat random, yes, but after done one million "find the big boss and kill", this is good change in the game. One of my personal favorite scenarios, just because it is so different!

The condition that you win and can not continue is a bug, that should be remedied though.

Two things about that scenario.

First, it is easily winnable even on legendary difficulty, if you tweak your attempt. Sajan can solo that scenario on legendary like a champ, he might just need a couple of attempts and a deck tweak (*cough* Crown of Charisma *cough*). Start him off on the location with auto-success for allies and burn through his blessings to get more explores. So long as the Magga starts at the academy and you get a hand full of blessings it is practically an auto-win.

Second, if you are going to keep the scenario in there, at least let us get all the allies as a reward each time we win. It is kinda annoying to spend resources to "get" allies, only to have them taken away. We should keep them on any win, not just the first time through. It is the only real place to farm deck 3 spells at the moment, and it annoying as is.

@Archangelrey: There is a bug that prevents advancement if Black Magga eats the last card (or if the blessings run out). Try beating the scenario and ensuring that the final card is explored by someone in your party.

At the start of the scenario, count the number of allies in the location decks and add X, where X is the number of locations. For example, in a 6-player game, there are 10 allies among the locations to start with and 8 locations, for a total of 18 allies in the scenario. You need to acquire at least as many allies as Magga eats, so if you acquire 9, you know you've won. Then it's just a matter of making sure you explore the final card to avoid the dreaded bug described above. :)

I actually like Here Comes The Flood for the same reasons others stated, it's a different tactic. My current party is Valeros/Lem/Harsk/Merisel/Kyra and I had to dump any non-explore again cards from my hand each turn. Not only that, but everyone has at least one Blessing of Norborger. It's a hard scenario, but I enjoy that kind of thing.

By the way, the scenario is even worse when all boons go up by four because of one of the wild card powers, but it's still beatable.

Well, it is the only scenario with the Academy, so the only place with a reasonable chance to get spells. However I wish you got allies from the scenario if you win beyond the first success. 

One of my wildcards was bury a card when you get an ally, blessing, spell, the other was difficulty of getting boons was 2 more. That was super fun. Not only did I not get the ally, I had to dump my hand either way.