Pictures of your Games Episode VIII The Fast - The Picturesque

That was the point where the game went from merely very good to unforgettable.

I miss the days when European designers tried to do their own thing instead of slavishly following popular US trends. 

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I miss the days when European designers tried to do their own thing instead of slavishly following popular US trends. 

Hey, at least Tetris is getting a movie trilogy.  :)

• Like 1

Hey, at least Tetris is getting a movie trilogy.   :)

I googled it and I still can't believe Tetris movie is a thing. Had to visit 5 websites before I was satisfied they weren't mirrors of the Onion.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 1

my cavalry is growing!

bVpqtsvcsFM.jpg

it's so hard to get mounted units in this for some reason. I'm sure some place trains them but I don't want to look it up online, so I'm left with tracking down bandit groups that have cavalry officers as prisoners.

attack!

l806TCDFMiM.jpg

the armor and blade aren't red originally, the pile of corpses in the background should give you a hint  :devil:

TDKjPnrkWZs.jpg

• Like 2
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

The orthodox church never emphasizes hell, punishment, eternal damnation etc. You can see the script writer was from a catholic or protestant tradition.

• Like 1

I meant the new, rebooted ones The old ones were split fairy equally between combat, platforming and puzzles, whereas the new ones are 90% murder simulator and 10% everything else. I mean the old games were clunky as hell but they were an adventure of sorts, wheres I got tired of all the killing and never finished the reboot.

What got me hooked on Tomb Raider in the first place was the sense of exploration and discovery. Loved going where no (wo)man had gone for centuries and sometimes beyond the games borders :p

Tomb Raider 2 was fun too, albeit a very different game. At TR III, they had sort of lost their touch and it was too much linearity and puzzles. IV was the first I didn't complete (those were the days before cheats and tutorials widely available on the internet). I bought the... not sure what it's name is but the first one of the new generation of Tomb Raider (same visual style as the sceenshots from sorophx), but it's telling I don't even remember it's name (and dropped it after 10 minutes, never to pick it up again).

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I meant the new, rebooted ones The old ones were split fairy equally between combat, platforming and puzzles, whereas the new ones are 90% murder simulator and 10% everything else. I mean the old games were clunky as hell but they were an adventure of sorts, wheres I got tired of all the killing and never finished the reboot.

What got me hooked on Tomb Raider in the first place was the sense of exploration and discovery. Loved going where no (wo)man had gone for centuries and sometimes beyond the games borders :p

Tomb Raider 2 was fun too, albeit a very different game. At TR III, they had sort of lost their touch and it was too much linearity and puzzles. IV was the first I didn't complete (those were the days before cheats and tutorials widely available on the internet). I bought the... not sure what it's name is but the first one of the new generation of Tomb Raider (same visual style as the sceenshots from sorophx), but it's telling I don't even remember it's name (and dropped it after 10 minutes, never to pick it up again).

It is just called "Tomb Raider" though it's generally referred to as Tomb Raider 2013 (to differentiate it from the original).

IMO the Anniversary edition more or less encapsulates what the games were about in a modernized form. But the Uncharted formula was easier to make and more palatable to an audience weaned on shooters so the reboots went that route.

I almost got suckered in as the opening to TR (the new one) was really good, but at some point it just became about murdering droves upon droves of enemies and I concluded that I didn't feel like playing a shooter so off the hard drive it went.

I finally got to play Spintires

FWyZ2qX0iII.jpg

it's meditative. spent two hours getting my first load to my first location. then another 1.5 hours loading lumber manually:

dGuvN_r9mv8.jpg

nothing more satisfying than getting a stuck Kamaz out of a ditch at 2 in the morning:

JUbZPoEEZbg.jpg

• Like 2
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

So they bundle the Sims now with Deus Ex

Final stage of cybernetic enhancement - hovering green  octahedron above your head

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 1

wRT2fTk.jpg

I'll just base interior design of my future apartment/house on Mankind Divided. Screw that bath tho, I'm getting a whirlpool.

I find it impressive how the houses often look so rundown, but all their bathrooms are twice the size of my living room.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Still working on my ArmA3 campaign. Currently I am wrapping up the intro video. It's almost done- just needs a few tweaks here and there.

uj1YJP.png

• Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

The Daily Chtonicle: Editor's Edition

(early access)

for such a paltry sum? Already purchased. I looked at it and it seems that blokes are irritated at the learning curve. I was hoping that it was a Lovecraftian game and, from what I've seen. it must be. No way to win? Always facing imminent doom or insanity at every step? I have high hopes. Just to be clear, even if it's not my cuppa, can't take away my excitement at the prospect, so it's all good!
  • Like 1

As a bear in winter, so must I too hibernate soon.

getting in and out of trouble in Spintires

51MANdJkXto.jpg

HSfQigETU30.jpg

PPB6-BAtj0o.jpg

this one was especially tricky:

S0lMJVxFHgk.jpg

first the orange truck got stuck on some boulders, tried pushing it out with the 8-wheeler and got stuck with that one too. had to bring in yet another 8-wheeler. it's a miracle nothing turned over.

and a bunch of beauty shots to close the deal.

8gddWk77udg.jpg

XYeFFP49dUU.jpg

z4sjLlsjvLs.jpg

Edited by sorophx
  • Like 3
Walsingham said:

Moved to this thread per Sorophx's request ;)

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein