Are the cards from expansions 3-6 really available in Quest mode?

Yury1975

Question

I was sure that there are no cards from not published yet expansions in the game right now (besides Gallery/Vault).

But I have just received Yap the Pixie card (AP3) for my just 7-level character in Quest. And I haven't even bought the full bundle to access future expansions.

Is it the bug or feature? Do I really have access to all AP3-6 cards during Quest mode?

6 answers to this question

Well to answer simply , yes you may come across a few cards that seem to belong in a higher 'deck' early on in quest mode.

My own findings is that the database of decks as we know it from gallery or story mode vault is different from the one used in quest mode. Certain cards that belong in higher decks as we know it seem to drop in early game on quest mode and when u obtain it you can see its deck number on the card has been changed. Check if the blue pixie you obtain on quest mode has that deck no 3 on the card. I'm pretty sure it's not.

Likewise, you will run across henchman villains or other boons that have a different deck number once you obtain it.

Edited by Rhygar

Nice. Still to answer your question you find for most part especially in tier b and tier 1 you will find loot that belongs to deck B. The high level deck card you find early on such as this pixie is the exception. In fact most players complaints are that the loot are of lower level than their given tier.

Seem to be something like tier level -1 modified by how good or bad the card is. So some level b cards Are in the croup of level 1 cards and some level 3 cards Are in the same level as normal level 1 cards and so on... So the cards have been rebalanced. It should means that the more you you play the better cards you will get.

In normal game you can get some really powerfull cards at B level and it will take Many levels untill you get anything that is as good.

It was confirmed there were some card level changes in Quest mode, with Yap specifically called out:  http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/86762-quest-mode-decks-availability-and-character-progression-til-card-role-selection/page-2?do=findComment&comment=1809350

Some things were so good they got bumped up.

Some things were not so great and got bumped down. Yap I'm looking at you.

Yes, tiers for cards definitely makes sense.

I was just surprised since I thought that no of AP3-6 cards were implemented in the game now and that we will revive them only with respective expansions in the future.

Edited by Yury1975