Permadeath quest mode characters reviving

Janzu

Question

Don't know exactly how often this happens and if this is reproducable but here are the steps and what happened.

I was browsing character list in quest mode. There were 3 characters (Meridiel 1, Kyra 1 (dead) and Kyra 2). I went back to mainmenu and to story mode and tried to create new party to see whether quest mode characters are playable in story mode also (answer - as it should be is of course no). I didn't create new story mode party but instead quit without doing anything else. Went back to quest mode and surprisingly Kyra 1 had used his Clerical abilities and had returned back from the grave. This obviously breaks whole point of Permadeath.

And while we're on it - is there a way to delete characters? :p

EDIT: Just tried reproduce it by killing character again and doing steps again. 100% reproducion rate.

1. Kill character

2. Go to quest mode map with new party to save "killed state" (You shouldn't be able to recover stuff here btw, it's possible even with characters who weren't with dead one)

3. Go to story mode and start creating new party (don't create one, not required. You might have to swap to experienced tab though)

4. Go back to quest mode and you have dead characters back

Edited by Janzu
  • Like 1

4 answers to this question

When you say she's revived... Does she have any skill or power feat upgrades and does she still have cards acquired during her adventures or is she back to basic cards?

Reason I'm asking is "permadeath" doesn't really mean permadeath. It apparently just means the original card game death rules where you can bring that character back as a starting character but you lose all upgrades.

When you say she's revived... Does she have any skill or power feat upgrades and does she still have cards acquired during her adventures or is she back to basic cards?

Reason I'm asking is "permadeath" doesn't really mean permadeath. It apparently just means the original card game death rules where you can bring that character back as a starting character but you lose all upgrades.

Levels and upgrades are retained

EDIT: Noticed that cards also are retained. This might bring issue with cloning cards got to do some experimentation with this.

Edited by Janzu

Levels and upgrades are retained

Huh okay. That would be a bug. Just making sure.

Btw I missed initially that you asked about deleting characters. On the starter screen when going into quest mode, select a character and look for a little button with three dots near the characters picture on the left. Hit that and there's a delete option. It's kind of buggy so you will probably have to exit the screen and go back in between each deletion.