Do Treasure Chests increase drop-rate of better boons?

Hey Guys,

This may have already been asked but after searching around a bit I wasn't able to find a definite answer.

I know that opening chests unlocks cards to be found in the wild, but on the chest purchase screen, there is the text "The chances your characters will find great boons during a scenario increases with every treasure chest card you own." 

Does this mean that the drop rate for better boons is increased by having unopened chests?  I currently have 5 chests that I bought as a bundle and after one game it certainly seems like I'm seeing different cards. If I open my chests, do I then lose that extra chance for better loot?

This an excellent question.  Let me take it a step further.  Is it only the unopened chests, or all the chests you've ever purchased?

I'm currently saving for the 40 bundle, mostly 'cause I'm a cheapskate and want the free 8.  But if this makes Legendarys more likely, I'm even MORE excited.  And pondering buying TWO 40-bundles before I start opening.

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

If you have found 100 Fox card From the treasure box, there is bigger change that you find Fox or foxes during the play. Have you never played vampire card game. There was no limit how Many each cards you have in the deck so some decks had 10-20 same rares. It was easier to draw right cards...

So it is all about math and propability.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV
  • Like 1

Ooooh.  So it doesn't improve your odds of getting something out of the CHEST.  It's just more likely you'll get Treasure Chest look if there's more to be had.

Yeap. I am only quessing in here. It is one of those things that developers may know... maybe...

But I know that there is so far upper limit of most cards in the box, as far as i know. I hope that there is somekind of limit, because it can be boring to play if every ally you get From the box would be Fox... Well Lini would like that :-)

I have seen the same treasure card weapon twice in the same scenario, so if there is any limit, it is more than one and that could explain why it become more likely to get spesific treasure card if you buy more treasure boxes.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

I hadn't read the actual text when I jumped onto this topic.

"These cards will be added to your vault and will be found by adventuring.  The chances that your characters will find great boons during a scenario increases with every treasure chest card you own."

To me, that just says that "The more beefy cards you put in your vault, the more likely your characters are to encounter them."  Doesn't imply anything about what actually comes out of the chest except that a chest card will be on average better than a non-chest card.

Yeah, I definitely get that by opening the chests you have the chance to then find the better cards that you've unlocked, the wording in the store page makes it almost seem like there's a buff of some sort, like an item find bonus in other games that gives you more likelyhood to find more rare items depending on how many treasure chests you had.  Like it would change the loot table when the location decks are built to add better cards, rather than just being fully random with all available cards.  

If having unopened chests gives you better loot chance, that makes me want to horde a few, otherwise I'll just open them all up.

I'm worried about buying chests because I dont know how it can mess with the boons you find in scenarios. If you do end up getting something like 100 foxes in you inventory, then almost every ally you encounter in scenarios will be a fox. That would make it really hard to "farm" for the cards you need.

Is there a way to change take cards out of your vault? Or maybe a way to turn off extra cards gained from chests?

I believe there's a way you can delete (salvage) all those extra copies. Also there's an option somewhere that I thought turned off treasure chest cards availability completely if you only wanted to play with original cards.

You can remove stuff from your gallery/vault (permanently) by Salvaging the cards you don't want for gold.

You can turn off extras gained from chests by never opening chests.  You can also hit the double-gears button at the bottom of (almost) every screen, hit the Settings button, and turn "Treasure cards in Story Mode?" to Off.

Yes salvaging is the ansver. I have salvaged allmost all cards away From my vault. I have only left one of each card in the vault, so that there is more variation to the cards that you can find From locations. Otherwice you could saturate you vault with so Many treasure box cards that you would not see normal card at all.

I hope that there is one pool to normal cards and one pool to promo cards and one pool to treasure chest cards when the game generates locations. Otherwice it can het quite silly, if and when you have more treasure chest cards than you have actual normal cards.

Something like 80% of card pool come From normal cards 5 % From promo cards and 15 % From the treasure box cards or something similar, so that most part of the location boons would be normal stuff, but From time to time you could get something special and unick!

Hope that we one day will get more information how the card pool bor scenarios boons is made.

But I don't really want to salvage my cards to alter the boon ratios in my box.

Salvaging my cards isn't really worth it for me given how little gold you get it; I'd rather see the 99 Smith count in my collection; I'd just not want to actually see 99 Smiths.  I'd like an option to alter the number of cards in my vault or something put in.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

(Thanks to Longshot11)

The question would be whether the cards are "fanned" or "stacked" in the vault, which would affect how often any given card would appear.

If you have ten Poxy Springbindle cards, do they exist individually and take up virtual slots 1-10 in the vault for the RNG to pick, or does the Poxy Springbindle card just take up slot 1, with ten copies of itself available to be drawn, and slots 2-10 taken up by other cards? In one case, internally rolling 1-10 would always result in the Poxy Springbindle card, while the other way only rolling a 1 would show that particular card, but there'd be ten unique copies of it available.

Anecdotally, I haven't noticed the more excessive duplicate cards (looking at you, Noble Brat) turning up more often than they should.

Based on the card game, each card instance is separate so in your example 2-10 would give the same card as 1

------------------------------------------------------------

Playing with

iPad mini 4th Gen iOS 10.3.3

Primary party

MERISIAL, EZREN, LINI, SEELAH

To answer OP:

Sort of, like in the physical game, locations have their deck list, these are Static Values.

HOWEVER

The game treats each card as a unique instance of a card (same as the physical game) so the more Smiths you have the more likely it is to turn up!

Never tell me the odds! I probably wrote them