Combat Confusion when faced with OR checks

zeroth_hour

Question

So, I faced Grayst Sevilla which has a Combat OR Arcane check with Seoni.

I first was going to use Seoni's Scorching Ray (d12 + 2d6).  Sure.

Then I added the Blessing of Iomedae.  Oh, it rejected the Scorching Ray and turned into 3d12 +x?  Okay

Then I added a Blessing of Gorum from Kyra.  Wait, it turned into 5d12 +x despite the fact that it's not a Combat _or_ a Strength check?  Waitaminit...

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

(Thanks to Longshot11)

4 answers to this question

Blessings are a bit tingly. I reported an issue where a blessing marked as non-combat adds 2 dice to another characters combat check for that stat. I've been trying to get a series of screenshots, but It never happens when I am paying attention to it!

Then I added a Blessing of Gorum from Kyra.  Wait, it turned into 5d12 +x despite the fact that it's not a Combat _or_ a Strength check?  Waitaminit...

Yes, blessings always assume you try to use them for 2 dice, if applicable, and change you check accordingly, even if it's not your best option. You have to use the drop-down menu beneath you Check number to select the preferable check type.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

Blessing of Gorum isn't supposed to add 2 dice!  It's not a Combat Strength check :)

I have a screenshot here:

post-162671-0-07554400-1462475663_thumb.jpg

(Thanks to Longshot11)