Fox does not add to Combat Intelligence checks

zeroth_hour

Question

I tried using Fox on Ezren's Frost Ray check (which is Combat Intelligence).  It doesn't seem to work, which is odd since Fox doesn't have a limitation on non-combat checks.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

(Thanks to Longshot11)

7 answers to this question

Hmmm... Frost ray is a arcane check so even it is based on intelligence, it is not a intelligence check... So the Fox seems to be barking as it should be.

Ps. No I don't want to know the what Fox says, because I don't understand even half what he is barking in that song...

;-)

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

Hmmm... Frost ray is a arcane check so even it is based on intelligence, it is not a intelligence check... So the Fox seems to be barking as it should be.

Incorrect.  If you have a skill based on another skill (Arcane = Intelligence +2, for example), a check on that first skill counts as a check on the second skill as well.  Cards that apply to the second skill apply to the check.  Thats' why Lem can use a Troubadour to add a d6 his Arcane OR Divine checks to recharge spells (non-combat Charisma checks).  Since the Fox doesn't specify non-combat, this should work.

Edit:  The RotR rulebook actually uses this exact example:

If, on your character card, the skill you’re using refers to another skill, both skills count for the purpose of determining the type of check. For example, if you’re using the Arcane skill on a combat check, and your character card says that your Arcane skill is Intelligence +2, the check counts as both a combat Arcane check and a combat Intelligence check.

Edited by da_mayor
  • Like 1

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."