Closing the General Store when you didn't explore this turn triggers an explore

zeroth_hour

Question

1) Get the General Store down to 0 cards

2) Close the location the next turn and roll more than 1 item

3) After you get the top item, the explore again UI comes up even though you didn't encounter anything

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

(Thanks to Longshot11)

7 answers to this question

3) After you get the top item, the explore again UI comes up even though you didn't encounter anything

Even if you did - you're obviously past your Explore phase, so you shouldn't be getting an explore. (So in the hypothetical situations where you have only 1 Monster remaining in the Store, you kill the monster and then you close the Store - you shouldn't be getting a bonus explore, as much as it pains me to say so)

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

If you encounter a Henchman or Villain then close, (or if the last card is a monster) you will get a free explore after you close it. (per the location power ruling)

However what you are describing sounds like a bug so I'll look into it. Thanks!

The scenario you mentioned is legit.

But the scenario I talk about is this:

1) Get location down to 0 cards without closing

2) Close the location (in the location close phase which is after the explore phase)

3) Roll for item deck

4) Gain a card

5) Explore UI comes up even though you didn't encounter anything (location text is "If you encounter anything other than an armor, an item, or a weapon, after the exploration you may reveal a card to explore again.")

Because you defeated the henchman and closed, you encountered "anything other than an armor, an item, or a weapon".

• Like 1

(Thanks to Longshot11)

If you encounter a Henchman or Villain then close, (or if the last card is a monster) you will get a free explore after you close it. (per the location power ruling)

Yeah, sorry to contradict Stormbringer, but if you close in your Attempt to Close step (when the last card's been a monster, for example) , and THEN get a free explore - that's a bug...

Though, I've been wondering myself if the Attempt to Close even exists in the app game. It appears to be more contextual - it doesn't have its own button among the Turn Phases buttons, and you just get a prompt when you beat a Henchman, or when you run a location empty. What's more, I've been experiencing the 'Do you want to close' prompt for an empty location AT THE START of my turn there (at the very least it should be relegated to the End Turn or End of Turn Actions buttons) and if I decline - I don't get a new opportunity to close at the end of turn (presumably, because the game lacks a trigger like the defeat of a Henchman, and because the game checks for location cards at the start of your turn, instead of the end) - so I'm wondering if it might be a conscious design decision. If so, it would definitely be better to leave the bonus explore after the Close Location step , as it will be more confusing for new players to remove it (because for them the Close Location doesn't exist as a separate step, and then Obsidian will probaly start getting reports "I encountered a monster as the last card, closed the Store, but didn't get a bonus explore!")