Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Supported Devices

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

TheSoulflame

TheSoulflame

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 13 posts

I am considering upgrading my iPad mini (1st generation), since I get so many lockups.

The options would be an iPad mini 2 (also known as the first generationn iPad mini Retina) or iPad mini 4.

Now the price difference is still pretty substantial here (currently €140), although perhaps the iPad mini 4 goes down in price if Apple announces a new version (probably around September, but that is a bit off).

Both will get an update to iOS 10, but the mini 2 will probably be a bit slow then.

What information would be interesting for me:

- for everyone with an iPad mini 2; how many crashes/lockups do you get?

- tot the Devs (if they see this and they know the answer): what do you think about Pathfinder on iOS 10, will it decrease performance a lot? (in other words, do you think the mini 2 will still perform ok, or will you expect that the iPad mini 2 will experience the same performance issues the iPad mini 1 is having now on iOS 9?)

Hannibal_PJV

Hannibal_PJV

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1754 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
1 Gb memory may be problem. This game or game engine seems to like memory.

AsocialKnight

AsocialKnight

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Steam:AsocialKnight

ipad air and Lenovo a7000 (phone) runs good.

me1034

me1034

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
Is there a new Android tablet that runs this app amazingly well? I'm returning my ASUS ZenPad 8 S that I bought before this came out. Yes, it runs horribly.

What about the Galaxy S2, Shield Tablet or Nexus 9? I see that the Nexus 9 is listed as being tested externally, but how well does it run?

Hannibal_PJV

Hannibal_PJV

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1754 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
I did use s2 during the beta and it was allmost as fast as the air2 so quite good actually. Sony could be even better, but it is Also much more expensive.

me1034

me1034

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
Thanks for the help. Galaxy S2 on order ;)

Cristofore

Cristofore

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts

I have a Kindle Fire HDX.  With this and other Kindle devices be supported in the future?  Will it work on Kindle if side loaded?

da_mayor

da_mayor

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 535 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer

I believe they said they currently didn't have plans to distribute this app on the Amazon App Store, which is the most straight-forward was to get it onto Kindles.  I have no idea about side loading.

RedPred

RedPred

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 423 posts

Could be possible to get compatibility with BlueStack emulator? I can't do the log in with the same Google account there.

Archangelrey

Archangelrey

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 157 posts

Should this be able to run on a Android phone? I just got a new phone and I amazing was surprise it could run on my BLU R1 HD.

Hannibal_PJV

Hannibal_PJV

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1754 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Officially no, in practice it can work. Phones with big screens and enough memory Are good candidates.

alexfrey

alexfrey

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:freyalex
  • Xbox Gamertag:alexfrey
I run Pathfinder Adventures in a Motorola Moto Maxx with minor bugs time to time. The text are tiny, but readable.

CanisDirus

CanisDirus

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 14 posts

In case it's useful information for anyone - the game works fine on my LG G3 (Android) phone.  In fact, about 1 in 10 bugs/glitches that I get on my tablet don't break quest or story progression on my phone, surprisingly.

Kennedyhawk

Kennedyhawk

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 4 posts

I saw this is listed as working on the iPad 2 Air.

Can anyone confirm this? We are retiring our old Gen 2 iPad for an Air or Pro, we'd like to get the Air for cost but a few apps like this may push me to the higher end.

Hannibal_PJV

Hannibal_PJV

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1754 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
I have been running this with Air2 and it has been very smooth Ride with it. As i mentioned above, it is faster than Samsung Galaxy S2, so if you Are considering i-version, air2 is a good choise. iPad pro should be even faster, but i have not been able to test that... Quite expensive apparatus...
Interesting to see how new Samsung Galaxy S3 will handle this app.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV, 24 August 2016 - 07:15 AM.

Kennedyhawk

Kennedyhawk

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 4 posts

I have been running this with Air2 and it has been very smooth Ride with it. As i mentioned above, it is faster than Samsung Galaxy S2, so if you Are considering i-version, air2 is a good choise. iPad pro should be even faster, but i have not been able to test that... Quite expensive apparatus...
Interesting to see how new Samsung Galaxy S3 will handle this app.

Thanks a lot!

Jaxom Faux

Jaxom Faux

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 4 posts

Droid turbo 2 the spacings are all messed up after the update. Things overlap, don't show, etc. Playable but annoying.

I want to revert the phone changes. i liked the way it was even with the slightly small text over the pop-outs etc.

Hannibal_PJV

Hannibal_PJV

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1754 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
I think that dev has been planning to smaller screen phones, so it is affecting big screen phones. But UI is always tinkering. If we think win8, win8.1, win10, win10 anniversary edition. It is basically the same and all the time there Are some changes. I Expect to see tinkering in here Also. In the long run the UI have to be useable in 34" 4K resolution PC monitor, when Steam version comes out. It Also have to work in Tiny iPhone se and some smaller Android devices. And that means some compromises... But Lets see when this new version matures a Little bit. When team tries out what work and what does not. The user feedback is important. They can not go back to old because it was not planned for phones, but They can change the new so that it will be better.
Give feedback what works and what does not work. Any good UI tries to avoid Many clicks because it makes the UI harder to use, so I personally wait improvements in that area. Somekind of zooming is must for smaller devices. I don't know how well the Ubity handles different UI options, but when smallest device is less than 4" and largest will be something like 105" 4K screen the task is not easy!

ced1106

ced1106

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts

I am running this on my old ipad 2 with effects turned on - zero issues, runs really well...

Would love to know your secret. No luck here.

Same ditto.

On iPad2, I can run two characters (the free ones) with no problem. With a six-character party (two free plus character add-on pack), I can play for awhile, then the program crashes. Turning off effects, removing background programs, and restarting the iPad maybe helps, but the program will still crash. Haven't tried it without logging into the game center through the game center app, though.

StuartZaq

StuartZaq

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts

I donwloaded game to my iPhone 6 plus. In Options->Settings I can see a note "PFID-User Not Logged In Yet".

How may i log in?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users