Suggestion: Phase out drag and drop.

Dragging and dropping cards/character icons is not only a chore, but it's also the source of some issues for players currently. Either phase it out completely or allow for touch inputs in succession to accomplish the same goals. Nothing is gained by dragging your finger across the screen countless times, it is only added tedium - especially when discarding multiple cards in a row. There's no novelty or flare factor gained from the obvious reminder of the magic of touch screens, it just feels clunky and disruptive to what is otherwise a smooth experience. It's about the only complaint I have about the game right now. And in generally it's one of the worst aspects of touchscreen gaming as things currently stand.

My only confusion with this is, for the MOST part, drag-and-drop is optional.  Mostly, I can touch a card and get buttons for all my options.  This is how I became accustomed to playing.

However, the interface when you pull stuff from your discard pile (one of the starting Bard abilities lets you do this) required you to drag cards to your hand (if "drawing") or deck (if "recharging").  Gave me a few minutes confusion before I worked it out.  Making the options a bit more universal would be more intuitive.

• Like 2

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

My only confusion with this is, for the MOST part, drag-and-drop is optional.  Mostly, I can touch a card and get buttons for all my options.  This is how I became accustomed to playing.

However, the interface when you pull stuff from your discard pile (one of the starting Bard abilities lets you do this) required you to drag cards to your hand (if "drawing") or deck (if "recharging").  Gave me a few minutes confusion before I worked it out.  Making the options a bit more universal would be more intuitive.

Absolutely agree, having both ways available is great, but it should always be both ways.

Optional options are optimal.  Everywhere that drag and drop (or swiping, e.g. to roll dice) is mandatory, it should be optional.  The reverse is true as well.  Support both worlds and those players that freely bounce between.

I wouldn't mind so much if the drag and drop/swiping were consistently working.  I have an older iPad without force touch, and yet I find myself sometimes pressing the screen harder just to get a drag or swipe to "take".   :getlost:

• Like 1

--/\/