Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Reporting Issues: Useful Information to Provide

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
55 replies to this topic

Hannibal_PJV

Hannibal_PJV

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2154 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Thank you for your reply Hannibal, but I don't think I understand it quite right.
I only have two parties currently active in story mode: Lini & Lem and Merisiel & Kyra. I'm expecting to have multiple copies of experienced characters if the same character is present in different story mode save slots, but how can I have double Lini and Lem if they only star in ONE saved game? If it's right, why do I only have one copy of Merisiel and Kyra in the experienced characters roster?

Then it is the bug.

Pseudonym_OK

Pseudonym_OK

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • I'm playing on Android, version 5.1
  • Playing on a Sony Xperia phone (model E5306)

I ran into a couple of problems:

1. In quest mode, over multiple sessions I reached level 9 with my party of four characters (Valeros, Merisiel, Ezren and Kyra). When starting my new session now and going to the experience characters screen, my Kyra seems to have been deleted (needless to say, I did not delete her myself).

2. I'm not sure if this one is a bug or is the intended behavior, but when I started a new story mode (with fresh versions of characters I used before) I no longer get the gold rewards for completing quests. Is it intended that once I get the gold reward for a certain difficulty level I will no longer be awarded gold for completing it with a new party?

Thanks.

yoricksha

yoricksha

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts
Android 4.4.2, Lenovo B8080-H
Progress lost in Story mode after spontaneous device reboot.
I was about to close the last location of Brigandoom adventure (boss fight, two cards recharge pahase) when my device rebooted and after that I'm unable to continue story mode with my party. Note that spontaneous reboots happen sometimes with my device and they are not related to PA game.
Tried to clear app cache but that didn't help.
Tapping 'Continue' on the main screen does nothing, restoring save from Story menu doesn't work.I can start new party and paly quest mode though.

Tootzo

Tootzo

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Toothsaw
  • Steam:Izemax
@Runo5: game saves are NOT shared between devices, meaning you can't play on one and continue from where you left the game on another device. Only gold and purchases are account-bound and you have them on all the devices you log from using he same account.

Tootzo

Tootzo

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Toothsaw
  • Steam:Izemax

2. I'm not sure if this one is a bug or is the intended behavior, but when I started a new story mode (with fresh versions of characters I used before) I no longer get the gold rewards for completing quests. Is it intended that once I get the gold reward for a certain difficulty level I will no longer be awarded gold for completing it with a new party?

I may have gotten it wrong, but I think that after the last patch, the gold is earned only once on normal and heroic, while you should still be able to earn it in every run at Legendary difficulty. It has been made so to avoid gold farming on "easy" scenarios.

Pseudonym_OK

Pseudonym_OK

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 6 posts

Yeah Tootzo, I guess that explains it. I think it's a mistake to disincentivize making new parties like this, but it's not really related to this thread. I'll start a new thread explaining my point of view in the general discussion forum.

ferrisvalyn

ferrisvalyn

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 56 posts

I am on a G4, using Android 6.0

My problem is that when I am in setting up a quest group, the delete function is messed up.  If I delete 1 person (and it's not the character the furtherest to the left), it'll delete fine.  But if I try to delete another, it doesn't work, and it overlays the pictures on people.  If I go back to the title screen, it cleans up.  So I can delete them 1 at a time, but that is it.

Poet22

Poet22

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts

The game has stopped working for me. I am on the Burnt Offerings - Local Heroes Quest. When the scenario loads no matter what location I start at or character I start with the screen is frozen, the location cards are greyed out and there are no cards showing in the timing deck.
General (For all issues)
What device type are you on? Android/iPad, etc.
iPad
What version of the OS are you running? Android 4.4, iOS 9.3, etc.
What model is the device? Galaxy Tab 3, iPad Mini 4, etc
iPad Air 2
Login Issues
When you launch the game, does the welcome popup appear for Game Center/ Google Play Games?
Yes
On the main screen, what is the text displayed in the blue box at the top? (Logged into GooglePlayGames, Logged into Game Center, or Link Social Gaming Network)
Logged into Gamecenter
Store Issues
No
What products were purchased?
Season Pass
What products are missing (if any)?
None
Gameplay
Is pass & play on?
No Is permadeath on?
No
Tutorial, Story Mode, or Quest Mode? (If not quest mode, did you recently enter it?)
Story Mode and Quest Mode
Characters in Party
Merisiel, Kyra, Valeros and Harsk
Location of each character
Doesn't matter
Turn Order
Doesn't matter
Scenario & Scenario Difficulty. If on non-normal difficulties, which wildcard powers are in play?
Normal
What card was encountered when the issue occurred? (Or check, or card just played, etc)
Happens when scenario starts
Did the issue occur on the first explore or a subsequent explore? If subsequent, what card did you last encounter?
First
What was its resolution? (IE, you just encountered an enchanter and failed the check, and on an additional explore you ran into a blessing of the gods but didn't auto acquire it)
N/A
Did other characters aid the check? What did they use to aid it?
N/A
Was the encounter a Horde? (Skeleton Horde, Goblin Raid, Zombie Nest, Zombie Horde, Garrison Location Power w/ multiple characters, Henchmen encounter in Black Fang w/ multiple characters)
N/A

I have the same issue on an iPad2!

Angky5p

Angky5p

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts
Ios 9.3.1 ipad

I cant bought every item from the store with gold. Its written the price is -1 gold ( minus one) and when i try to buy itsnwritten "sorry the purchase cant go through" so i cant continue my story now and cant buy any characters. It happened after i update the ios from 9.3 to 9.31 though.

G'derm

G'derm

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts

Android Version 5.1.1

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4.

No permadeath no pass and play.

In Quest Mode.

Merisiel only Character, level 9.

Location is Apothecacy.

Wildcard powers are Crow Bait and Retaliation.

I encountered Ancient Skeleton.

First exploration.

I revealed my Heavy Crossbow then I wanted to use my Power Sneak Attack+1 to discard a card. But I decided that I dont want to use my Heavy Crossbow so I pressed the red cross on the left. Then my Crossbow didn't return to my hand but stayed revealed and I couldn't use it anymore and if I use my Power Sneak Attack+1 I couldn't press the discard button for any of my cards. So recharged one but I failed the check by 1 and now I can't discard one card from the damage because I can't click the discard button. Drag and drop works.

da_mayor

da_mayor

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer

You might want to start a new topic for each of these bugs.  This topic is for giving you the tools you need to report bugs, not for the actual bug-reports themselves.

Shardik

Shardik

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts
Something which would be helpful is allowing us to upload screen shots to better explain a bug. For example, I had a game lock up after playing a card which allowed me to swap a card from my hand for one from my discard. I don't remember the name of that card played but I have a screen shot of the locked up game.

arcaril

arcaril

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 22 posts

General (For all issues)

• What device type are you on? Android/iPad, etc.

Androïd (On PC, Bluestack emulator)

• What version of the OS are you running? Android 4.4, iOS 9.3, etc.

??? ... Windows7

• What model is the device? Galaxy Tab 3, iPad Mini 4, etc.

Bluestacks

Gameplay

• Is pass & play on?  Is permadeath on?

NO

• Tutorial, Story Mode, or Quest Mode? (If not quest mode, did you recently enter it?)

STORY

• Characters in Party

SEELAH / LINI / AMIRI / SAJAN / SEONI

• Location of each character

GARRISON / WOODS / FARMHOUSE / WOODEN BRIDGE / WATERFRONT

• Turn Order

CHARACTER LIST

• Scenario & Scenario Difficulty.  If on non-normal difficulties, which wildcard powers are in play?

BRIGANDOOM - NORMAL MODE

• What card was encountered when the issue occurred? (Or check, or card just played, etc)

WHEN RECHARGING CURE SPELL WITH SEELAH, USING "INSPIRED GRACE" POWER

THE CHECK ISN'T A DIVINE CHECK BUT THE CHECK OF THE NEXT CARD OF THE LOCATION DECK

IT OCCURS 3 TIMES FOR NOW

Hannibal_PJV

Hannibal_PJV

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2154 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Meaning that is Mending spell.
With mending you play the spell, chose the card From the hand you want to discard, chose a card From discard pile to revive. You have to drag the cards to right places.

arcaril

arcaril

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 22 posts

Meaning that is Mending spell.
With mending you play the spell, chose the card From the hand you want to discard, chose a card From discard pile to revive. You have to drag the cards to right places.

the upper version of mending (don't remember the name)
doesn't work for other characters in the location of the spell caster.

only works for him.

bug or forgotten script ?

da_mayor

da_mayor

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 537 posts

Something which would be helpful is allowing us to upload screen shots to better explain a bug. For example, I had a game lock up after playing a card which allowed me to swap a card from my hand for one from my discard. I don't remember the name of that card played but I have a screen shot of the locked up game.

You can absolutely upload screenshots.  I've done it several times.

If you're doing a Reply, next to the Post button is a "More Reply Options" button.  That will open up the full editor and show the "Attach Files" function.

• Shardik likes this

Kgk4569

Kgk4569

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 553 posts
  • Steam:Kgk4569

You can absolutely upload screenshots.  I've done it several times.

If you're doing a Reply, next to the Post button is a "More Reply Options" button.  That will open up the full editor and show the "Attach Files" function.

not really, I have to send my screenshots to myself via text to get them below the max file size.

da_mayor

da_mayor

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 537 posts

Ooooh.  Yeah.  I use an image editor (GIMP) to export (Save As doesn't work) the file to JPG and adjust the "quality" slider down a hair (75% is usually good) to sneak the file size down.

Cyl

Cyl

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts
Hello,

General (For all issues)
What device type are you on? Android/iPad, etc.
iPad

What version of the OS are you running? Android 4.4, iOS 9.3, etc.
ios 9.3.2

What model is the device? Galaxy Tab 3, iPad Mini 4, etc.
iPad pro 12,9

Login Issues
No

When you launch the game, does the welcome popup appear for Game Center/ Google Play Games?
No

On the main screen, what is the text displayed in the blue box at the top? (Logged into GooglePlayGames, Logged into Game Center, or Link Social Gaming Network)
Logged into Game Center

Store Issues
No

What products were purchased?
Season pass

What products are missing (if any)?
None

Gameplay
Is pass & play on? Is permadeath on?
pass & play off
Permadeth on

Tutorial, Story Mode, or Quest Mode? (If not quest mode, did you recently enter it?)
Story mode

Scenario & Scenario Difficulty. If on non-normal difficulties, which wildcard powers are in play?
Approach to thistletop, normal

I think there is a problem with permadeth : when I forfeit a game and there is not enough cards in a deck character to draw up to his hand size, he does not perish.
I should not be able to do so... but I do and I feel like a cheater ;)
Maybe I missed something ?

Thank you.

da_mayor

da_mayor

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 537 posts

I think there is a problem with permadeth : when I forfeit a game and there is not enough cards in a deck character to draw up to his hand size, he does not perish.
I should not be able to do so... but I do and I feel like a cheater ;)

This is a known "bug", reported to and acknowledged by the Devs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users