Help me build my POTD party (first attempt)

Hi, so I'm going to be trying out POTD for the first time and based on my previous thread I've chosen the following party (all custom-made characters):

1) Fighter - Lady of Pain build (2-handed tankyish damage dealer) (this will be the main character)

2) Druid - something based on Thunder Cat more or less (hybrid)

3) Wizard - haven't decided on a build yet??

4) Ranger - pet-oriented early game (e.g. Carebear) then a respec into a more bow-focused build (e.g. Great White Hunter)

5) Paladin - haven't decided on a build yet??

6) Priest OR Chanter - haven't decided??

So I was wondering what you guys think about:

a) What build should the Wizard be?  I have nuking power with the Druid so he isn't the only nuker... maybe CC-oriented?  But I'm open to a more martial-focused spellblade-type build which I think would be quite fun...  I have zero idea how to build such a wizard, though.

b) What build should the Paladin be?  I have very little experience with Paladins so I'm open to suggestions.  I want him to have rez abilities and maybe some healing if I end up not taking the Priest, but otherwise I want him to be a little tanky, and be able to hit stuff with a stick fairly well.

c) Priest vs Chanter: here's where I'm really stuck.  I like Priests because they really bring the pain (and alleviate it) in boss fights with their endless buffs, heals and protection spells; however, they are really boring to play (endless buffing) and not very good vs trash mobs.  I like the idea of having a tanky chanter that can tank some troublesome mobs while noodling away on the banjo, and then bring out summons and stuff if the fight goes on longer.  That said, when I tried using the NPC chanter briefly I was quite bored with him so I would love a build suggestion.  Plus, can the chanter do any healing or buffs compared to the priest?  I really have no clue when it comes to chanters (initially I was put off having one at all but I've sort of changed my mind... maybe).  For example, can chanters wear plate effectively?  It doesn't slow down their singing, right?  Also, what weapons should a melee chanter use?

Overall with the party I'm looking for everyone (except maybe the Wizard, but again I'm interested in the possibility of a spellblade build) to be a little tanky and be able to hold their own in melee (well not the Ranger obviously but point being, he has his pet to tank for him).  Along those lines, I want to be able to crush trash mobs fairly easily and not have to babysit too much.  In boss fights I'm hoping the power of the Druid and the Wizard will allow me to survive ok.

Thanks in advance if you read this far.

Edited by Yosharian

a) Blast wizard is always good , honestly its best wizard build when you think about it and it doesnt require you to spam per rest stuff .

b) Bleak Walker( Dual Wield ) or Kind Wayfarer ( 2Handers : Firebrand , Redeemer , Abydons Hammers ) if healing 

c) Take Chanter you will have enough heals with Druid,Paladin and Chanter's Ancient Memory 

d) this belongs in character build section i believe 

Edited by Blunderboss

a) Blast wizard is always good , honestly its best wizard build when you think about it and it doesnt require you to spam per rest stuff .

b) Bleak Walker( Dual Wield ) or Kind Wayfarer ( 2Handers : Firebrand , Redeemer , Abydons Hammers ) if healing 

c) Take Chanter you will have enough heals with Druid,Paladin and Chanter's Ancient Memory 

d) this belongs in character build section i believe 

Can't seem to find any build called 'blast wizard', could you provide a link?

Bleak Walker seems pretty good since my Fighter will be using the best 2H weapons, why is Kind Wayfarer better for healing?

Any build suggestions for the Chanter?

Just pick Blast and Penetrating Blast talents wizard has and your implements will do AoE Damage and will work like carnage just better because its ranged and you can aim it where you please , blast will also trigger your weapon effects like stunning , spell striking etc. , for example if you use Rod of Pale shades it will be able to stun in area of effect , golden gaze triggers blast with each projectile , you can even use implement that prones on crit .

Here is a build by Boeroer that focuses on using blast 

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/83681-class-build-zeblastian-hurtstacker-autoattacking-double-trouble-dps-wizard/