Since I can not use any of the other characters I bought with the season pass because of the bugs, I have been using just Merisiel and Kyra. First adventure used Kyra only...cakewalk.

Tried adventure again with Meri...I failed 3 times before I actually got the hang of her abilities. I had to learn to not be afraid to run. Kyra can just keep getting so many cards back that I really just wasn't playing "roguey".

I realized that they did a great job in making the characters act the way the class should act. Cleric....solo everything smash and heal. Rogue...sneak around, run on occasion then hit hard and fast. Sweet.

Edited by grievance
  • Like 1

It's funny how rng it can be. I was actually haveing to work for the first 2 scenarios. Blackfang's dungeon was a breeze, plus maybe I am slightly better at playing, but all the rolls went my way instead of failing on simple checks, lol.

Has anyone been able to play with more than just Merisiel and Kyra? Once the gane realizes I bought everything I was thinking of adding the pally and one of the arcane people and going 4 character. Any thoughts on which arcane caster? I guess Lem is an option as well since he is divine/arcane.

Merisiel requires more "careful" play than Kyra does.  Evasion isn't a "bad" thing, you don't have to encounter everything (example: the Skeleton Horde gets banished even if you evade the Ancient Skeleton, for example).

I have the characters because I got the bundle.  Most characters will do well, but some better than others.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

(Thanks to Longshot11)

Hey there.

My preferred Arcane caster is Seoni, because:

Rolls a D12 for Combat, Arcane and Charisma/Diplomacy checks

- Having a D12 as a base means that blessings will add another D12

- Allies are good for you exploring, so being able to acquire more of them mid scenario is useful

- Charisma/Diplomacy is a useful skill for closing locations and other scenario specific requirements

- You want to improve upon the Basic cards you begin with and rolling D12 for your Arcane checks will increase your chances

- RotRL is combat heavy and I have found the D12 to be excellent for nuking

I usually find with caster Arcane and Divine, that combats with multiple checks can be a struggle, because you may only have 1 Attack spell. Seoni solves this problem by turning every card into an Attack spell.

I think that Seoni has a good spread of cards (Spells, Items, Allies and Blessings) which means she can explore and effectively deal with multiple threats.

Thanks

Edited by Dunesparrow

I think, as soon as I get credit for buying the package, that I am going to run an all girl party, Meri,Kyra, Seoni, and the pally. Then do an all guy party. Guess I can use the Ranger for my sneaky type?

If you have Sajan (the monk), get him the Boots of Elvenkind. Sajan has good Dexterity, plus Acrobatics. The Boots of Elvenkind can be revealed to add 1 die to his Acrobatics check and recharged to succeed at his Stealth check. It makes him a great substitute for a rogue. He might actually be the best character ever.

• Like 1

The main problem with Merisiel in my opinion is that she starts with only 2 weapons and then has to rely on evade or backstab to deal with monsters. However I had a lot of problems getting past the Poisoner scenario without Merisiel, as her disable is great against those 3 poison traps. So I played a 2-character team of Ezrel and Merisiel up to the end of Burnt Offerings and got her a third weapon and the proficiency with weapons. That makes her a much stronger all-round character, and you can then use her to carry other characters through the Poisoner scenario.

From someone who played the entire physical card game solo with just Merisiel, she's pretty darn amazing. Yes she has issues but those have more to do with needing to make rolls that she has poor stats for, like intelligence (what kind of rogue has intelligence as their lowest stat.... /sigh). But she's very good in combat - 2d6 added to any combat check plus a d12 in her main combat stat is quite good, once you get a few points in dex and some better weapons she's pretty much unstoppable, and her other stats for the most part, are good enough when she needs to do stuff other than fight or disable traps.

If playing solo, just realize what her weaknesses are and plan accordingly. Maybe take a blessing that gives 2 dice to an int roll, or an item that gives you an automatic success at a diplomacy roll, that you wouldn't otherwise take if she was in a more balanced group.

• Like 2

My initial party for the app is Ezren, Kyra, Merisiel, and Harsk.  They basically made Merisiel and Harsk as an on the nose team from the start.  Their abilities are absolutely synergistic.  My only regret is that maybe my arcane caster should have been Seoni for the charisma, but we've steamrolled everything.  There are only a couple of scenarios on the hardest setting that have been a pain, and one of them is the one with the Foxglove chick or whatever her name is.  The irony is that I can deal with the many charisma checks okay if I plan it right, but that undead scenario with the haunts and the undead chick who basically needs a divine check really makes things tough.  In my opinion, Ezren is far superior to Seoni overall, but Seoni is the epitomi of a glass cannon.  She packs a lot of hurt, but Ezren is tremendously more versatile and after he gets a decent number of offensive spells he almost always has a couple on hand.  By far, Ezren kills the most bad guys in my runs.  Of course, I'd like to see how some of the melee heavy hitters like the barbarian and the fighter do.  I'm not a big monk fan thematically, so I'm prejudiced against Sajan, but he can dish out a tremendous amount of hurt in a single shot, but I suspect that Ezren is simply going to be the best offensive option in the game since he Is almost assured to recharge his offensive spells and can almost always get more of them simply by casting and using his expanded spell book.  His one draw back, and it's significant, is that he has no blessings for exploration, so he is forced to eschew more offensive supporting allies in order to have extra options for exploration.  Kyra is clearly a healing machine.  Lem is second best, in my opinion, but while he can recycle cure deftly, it requires more steps and therefore more turn.  I like the little guy, though, so my next run will probably be a six party run with Lem, Valeros, Seelah, Seoni, Lini, and Amiri.  I know there will be some overlap, but I think that will work out quite nicely, nonetheless.  Overlap doesn't hurt so much when there are so many locations that call on the same stat anyway.

• Like 2

what kind of rogue has intelligence as their lowest stat.... /sigh

One that was orphaned at a young age and raised by humans in the slums.  It's hard to get a solid foundation of education living like that.

I'm trying an all-healer party: Kyra, Lem, LIni, and Seelah.  I was thinking about Harsk, but he doesn't get Divine until he picks his Role and puts a power feat into it, not to mention a card feat.

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."