Paladin stuck in walking animation

magicwallis

Question

12 answers to this question

I got the same bug on my druid.
I did a google search to find a solution and I came across your post.

I was able to solve my problem by adding Pillars of Eternity to Steam as a non-Steam game.

I have the GOG version.

I launched Pillars of Eternity from my Steam launcher and my main character was no longer stuck in the fast walking animation.

I hope this helps.

Hello Sking,

I've encountered this same issue with my level 2 paladin. I'm running 3.03. Seems to occur sometimes after enabling Zealous Charge. It looks similar to descriptions I've read of the Boots of Speed bug that was resolved in a previous patch.

Great game so far BTW!

I mentioned this in a recent thread, I found resting (with one of the Caed Nua resting bonuses) and reloading fixed it. This was with the movement speed resting bonus from survival causing the issue in the first place, so maybe it's not that related - still worth a shot.

Hello Sking,

Here's the workaround I'm using (similar to Jojobobo's solution):

1) Glitch is triggered sometime after enabling Zealous Charge and certain combat situations (still don't know the exact trigger for the glitch)

2) once combat is over, deactivate Zealous Charge (glitch will still be in effect)
3) save game

4) reload that save (the glitch is gone)

This has worked for me on 2 saved games that had this issue. Other things I tried like resting, leaving the area, traveling in the world map, dropping party members etc didn't help.

Once again, the game is great, thanks for your continued support.

I have this problem with Pellagina only. Others execute normal running animation while she just walks. Like a proper lady.

Nothing have worked - I've tried resting, reloading, etc. My game version is also up to date. WM 1&2 installed.

Edited by Pus-in-Boots

I have this problem with Pellagina only. Others execute normal running animation while she just walks. Like a proper lady.

Nothing have worked - I've tried resting, reloading, etc. My game version is also up to date. WM 1&2 installed.

Same issue come across to me recently, are there any solution to this problem? Also only Pellagina is bugged.

Rest with survival bonus and reload fixed the issue! thx!

Edited by dunehunter

So the Zealot Speed aura is just broken because whenever your paladin picked it,  he gonna stuck in walking animation zzz. Hope to see a fix!

Btw I have no extra movement bonus from rest, just Zealous Charge and there is a very high chance my paladin will be bugged after combat, stuck in walking animation.

OK more details on the bug, so when the Zealous Charge is off, both save/load and quicksave/quickload works normally.

When Zealous Charge is on, save/load, quicksave/quickload will result my paladin into walking animation when not in combat.

When in combat, both case the paladin will run not walk.

@Sking wound you mind take a look into the issue? I think based on my description, it is quite obvious that save/load will mess up with paladin's speed when zealous charge is on.

Edited by dunehunter

I am playing back through PoE and have this same problem with my paladin. Workarounds posted above do indeed work, but not really worth the effort if you quicksave a lot. I'm hoping for a fix as this does annoyingly break immersion for me (I try to ignore it I really do, but how can I dispense sweet justice while awkwardly walking?), but my guess is that PoE maintenance is low priority since PoE II is right around the corner. But it would be much appreciated.