US Election 2016

As a Sanders supporter I would not want him as the VP

I'd rather he use whatever pull he has at the convention to push his issues and possibly for a VP more in line with his values

Do you mind sharing why you dont want him to be VP?

I am interested in how Sanders supporters will see this?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I like how you completely miss the point of the post. :)

Okay well if I missed your point please clarify?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

http://patriotupdate.com/sanders-clinton-ticket-possibility/

Guys this will the best possible outcome for me and the Democrats ....Sanders joins the Hilary ticket :dancing::dancing:

Not happening. Nor should it. Sanders would be more effective in the Senate as that crazy gadfly Uncle from Vermont calling out whatever needs to be said, as opposed to being a tamed mouthpiece taking orders from the administration.

That and well...the Dems need a more...youthful up and comer to develop the bench for 2020 and beyond.

Tom Perez, Julian Castro, Tim Kaine, and Sherrod Brown would fit. Elizabeth Warren is very unlikely, though a bold choice.

Edited by Leferd

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Guys this will the best possible outcome for me and the Democrats ....Sanders joins the Hilary ticket  :dancing:  :dancing:

Not happening. Nor should it. Sanders would be more effective in the Senate as that crazy gadfly Uncle from Vermont calling out whatever needs to be said, as opposed as a tamed mouthpiece taking orders from the administration.

That and well...the Dems need a more...youthful up and comer to develop the benchfor 2020 and beyond.

But I'm wondering if Sanders cannot be the nominee the threat of Trump becoming president will create this Clinton\Sanders alliance

Sanders to me seems to be the most sincere candidate, he really seems to believe what he says...and the thought of Trump becoming president would be anathema to someone like him?

John Milton 

I'd rather he use whatever pull he has at the convention to push his issues and possibly for a VP more in line with his values

I would lose some respect for him* and as Leferd said he is better off in the Senate since the VP spot is usually to shore up a weakness, reach a demographic, or groom a successor and doesn't have much real power

My current pick would probably be Tulsi Gabbard even though Julian Castro is the favorite but like I said I would hope the VP would come from the Sanders camp

*probably the same for Elizabeth Warren but not to the same degree

Free games updated 3/4/21

I watched the whole thing.,...very interesting, I didnt agree with most of what the guests said though

Ann Coulter generally annoys me  and once again she didnt disappoint....her support and justification for the Trump Wall and the deporting of 11 million people made me realize these two terrible Trump  commitments some people actually believe he can implement 

Savage just seemed to generalize too much...he basically said all of Trump supporters are ignorant bigots ..I think thats unfair and unhelpful?

John Milton 

Guys this will the best possible outcome for me and the Democrats ....Sanders joins the Hilary ticket  :dancing:  :dancing:

Not happening. Nor should it. Sanders would be more effective in the Senate as that crazy gadfly Uncle from Vermont calling out whatever needs to be said, as opposed as a tamed mouthpiece taking orders from the administration.

That and well...the Dems need a more...youthful up and comer to develop the benchfor 2020 and beyond.

But I'm wondering if Sanders cannot be the nominee the threat of Trump becoming president will create this Clinton\Sanders alliance

Sanders to me seems to be the most sincere candidate, he really seems to believe what he says...and the thought of Trump becoming president would be anathema to someone like him?

My not so hot take: Hillary Clinton won the 2016 November General Election when Donald Trump and Ted Cruz became the leading GOP candidates.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

I would lose some respect for him* and as Leferd said he is better off in the Senate since the VP spot is usually to shore up a weakness, reach a demographic, or groom a successor and doesn't have much real power

My current pick would probably be Tulsi Gabbard even though Julian Castro is the favorite but like I said I would hope the VP would come from the Sanders camp

*probably the same for Elizabeth Warren but not to the same degree

Gabbard would be an interesting choice. I personally like her, but she broke from the ranks. Party discipline and all. She'll be in the penalty box for a while. 

If there's a takeaway the Dems can learn from the GOP meltdown, they can't allow willful insurrection to take hold.

My not so hot take: Hillary Clinton won the 2016 November General Election when Donald Trump and Ted Cruz became the leading GOP candidates.

You know I have always maintained that but I really prefer taking no chances and Sanders should guarantee a Clinton victory 

John Milton 

Bruce. Bernie Sanders is 74. Hillary Clinton is 69. This is the likeliest scenario for a Paul Ryan Administration.

• Like 1

Bruce. Bernie Sanders is 74. Hillary Clinton is 69. This is the likeliest scenario for a Paul Ryan Administration.

I'm not following? Ryan is a Republican 

John Milton 

The order of succession: President --> Vice President --> Speaker of the House

So if say President Clinton got impeached and thrown out of office, then VP Sanders becomes POTUS. But then, what if he gets a heart attack as soon Clinton is removed from office --and before he could officially name a VP? Boom. President Paul Ryan.

Edited by Leferd
  • Like 1

Oy vey!

Ann used to always be like nails on a chalkboard to me, and normally still is. Sort of like a female version of Sean Hannity. By Jobu though, she's the smartest person at that table by far. If Ann is the most reasonable intelligent one in the room, you've got a room full of schmucks. (Of course it's been known that Nick and Bill are schmucks for awhile; no idea who the other schmuck is)

Eat it up folks foolish enough to think Trump is sexist. Here we have a more intelligent than most woman supporting Trump.

Also, anyone know where Trump is said to have said he would consider defaulting on the national debt? I want to see that, as if he actually said what is implied that he said, he will have my vote for certain. Unless his VP pick as abysmal, as he will have the most serious variety of assassination attempts coming his way possible.

Bernie as VP to Hillary? That would be betrayal of ciceroan proportions.

How about "no".

• Like 2

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Also, anyone know where Trump is said to have said he would consider defaulting on the national debt? I want to see that, as if he actually said what is implied that he said, he will have my vote for certain. Unless his VP pick as abysmal, as he will have the most serious variety of assassination attempts coming his way possible.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/07/us/politics/donald-trumps-idea-to-cut-national-debt-get-creditors-to-accept-less.html?_r=0

There are multiple news agencies carrying it that have some version of him saying it's possible to "buy down the debt" but I can't find his exact quote. 

Edit:  I believe the original comment was made during an interview at CNBC but that's as far as I am going to go to check it out.

Edited by kgambit

So if say President Clinton got impeached and thrown out of office, then VP Sanders becomes POTUS. But then, what if he gets a heart attack as soon Clinton is removed from office --and before he could officially name a VP? Boom. President Paul Ryan.

Worry not, Hillary isn't going to be elected.

When Trump is elected, I would not be surprised at all if Paul Ryan's days as speaker are cut short. Coulter may also be right in that Ryan just may follow in Cantor's footsteps this election or next. He's almost as popular as Boehner among Republicans (for our foreigners, this is to say: not that popular at all).

Worry not, Ryan is not going to be President, unless something happens to Obama and Biden (extremely unlikely).

That's it, i've officially gotten old. Back in the Bush years the mere mention of Ann Coulter made me either cringe or laugh dismissally. Now i am finding myself mostly agreeing with her.

Better just accept it and start sitting on the porch with my double barel shotgun in my lap, staring down the street for any young punk daring to get to close to my lawn. All while I occisionally whine to the missus about the neighbours are having such a racket with their "Hip-hop-bop-scipidi-dop-bop"-music whenever she brings me my beer. 

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Never considered that...but his health is good and how old was Mccain ?

John Milton 

Kididng right? She is as attractive as ever. btw, Funny people whine about  Trump beings exist yet the first real compliant about a female supporter of his ... is to attack her apprant loss of looks. LMAO

BTW, I have a ahrd time believing a strong independent woman 9whetehr you agree with her views or not) like Coulter would support  a serious sexist/hater of women. LMAO

Then again, we have Clinton supporters wanting her to name a sexist pig (Clinton's  truthism) like Sanders her running mate in an election. Then again, she does laugh at rape victims. :)

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

That's it, i've officially gotten old. Back in the Bush years the mere mention of Ann Coulter made me either cringe or laugh dismissally. Now i am finding myself mostly agreeing with her.

Meshugger I know we differ on many things which is great as we can always debate something but why do you think Coulter makes sense ....can you name just one thing she said in either video you agree with ?

John Milton 

Kididng right? She is as attractive as ever. btw, Funny people whine about  Trump beings exist yet the first real compliant about a female supporter of his ... is to attack her apprant loss of looks. LMAO

BTW, I have a ahrd time believing a strong independent woman 9whetehr you agree with her views or not) like Coulter would support  a serious sexist/hater of women. LMAO

Then again, we have Clinton supporters wanting her to name a sexist pig (Clinton's  truthism) like Sanders her running mate in an election. Then again, she does laugh at rape victims. :)

Volo do you think Coulter makes sense?

John Milton