What are you playing right now?

Gorth

Always planning my character around level 100 for NG. Sweetest spot for PVP and Coop in lategame and NG+. And since you should never level beyond the hard cap (50), I always put some points into other stats.

• Like 1

Always planning my character around level 100 for NG. Sweetest spot for PVP and Coop in lategame and NG+. And since you should never level beyond the hard cap (50), I always put some points into other stats.

Good to know, was planning on going quality build for my first character, but wanted to ask because I'm thinking it would be nice to have some more HP in the beginning due to not being the best player by far and giving me a little more breathing room.

100 was never the sweetspot in any Souls games or Bloodborne, not outside Japan.And going over 50 is quite common as well, especially because some weapons might need it.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Destiny's update finally finished downloading.  As far as I can tell, there's only three new tasks: One story mission questline for Variks, one Prison of Elders thing for Variks, and a very short Court of Oryx for Vetra (sp) in the Reef.  The latter one simply yields a legendary speeder bike.

I did manage to get a new pair of gloves and belt that you could add color to, but that's the only equipment I've come across that's new.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

100 was never the sweetspot in any Souls games or Bloodborne, not outside Japan.And going over 50 is quite common as well, especially because some weapons might need it.

I don't know about the console community, but for the PC it's either 100 or 125 in DS1 and 150 in DS2 for the arena. 100 was also pretty fine in Bloodborne for PVP. There may be only a handful of weapsons and spells which needs a higher stat than 50. I would never recommended going over 50 in NG. Don't know what you are talking about. :p

I can't seem to get Warlock chest armor that's brand new with the latest update.  I've gotten two elbow/arm guards, and one Warlock band.  But the chest armor eludes me (though my Warlock did earn a Hunter chest plate).

On the flip side, with the Light max level increased, 300+ items are dropping like hotcakes now.  I'm up to 309 Light now.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Dying Light Enhanced Edition?

Probably the best zombie action-orientated game I have ever played, with fantastic movement system, shockingly fun driving in the expansion and absolutely packed with content. Most of it of reasonable quality too. Play it on hard if you want a more hardcore zombie survival experience with a decent amount of frustration, normal is the way to go if you just want to toy around and kill a lot of zombies.

Batman Arkham Knight?

So... How do you enjoy performance drops? Even after close to year worth of patching, they're still not resolved and the game just sometimes starts stuttering like mad (SSD should alleviate some of it). That said, it's my favorite installment of Arkham series - I loved the shift in graphical presentation and the batmobile sections. A lot of people hated either or both tho, so it's a bit of a coin flip on whether you'll enjoy them or not. Also, keep in mind that for a 'good' ending, you need to 100% the game, including all Riddler trophies.

or maybe The Witcher 3's DLC?

Hearts of Stone is entirely kept to high standard of the best questlines in the game. There's one particular scene which even topped Bloody Baron by its sincerity for me. It's basically the best out of Witcher 3, condensed and packed into about 15 hours of gameplay.

Personally, I would pick Hearts of Stone, but all three have a lot to offer. As much as I enjoyed Arkham Knight I'd say that's lowest on the ladder due to the inherent risk that it'll just run terribly even if your machine's insanely powerful.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for the info sir. I think I will go with Dying Light since I enjoyed Dead Island a lot too. I also find it interesting that you liked Arkham Knight more than the other games because I mostly heard bad things about it.

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I did some Wasteland Workshop last night. Rebuilt the storage for my power armor into concrete, set up Sanctuary to run off a single fusion generator, replaced most of my power pylons with street lamps, and even played around with cages.

Two more levels until I can tame the things I capture. But when I opened the deathclaw cage last night it was mythic, level 91. Time to see if it's the same when I reload.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Not playing, but having a good laugh reading the store description:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/402880

Age of Barbarian Ex is a Sword and Sorcery game, a genre that can't miss such items as the big and muscular barbarians, the succinct girls...

tumblr_nvi7dp9Wtq1rysnseo1_400.gif

I dunno, the trailer indicated the girls' outfits were brief and clearly expressed.

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Managed to find the nerve to pick up my Amnesia playthrough. Found half the orb, Choir area is next and then there' s whatever comes after that... Already saw some electricity fielded-off entrance so I'm guessing the ending must be getting near now... (but I've thought that before, so yeah...)

I got really excited that Endless Legend allowed me to increase font size and disable intro cinematic. Then I got somewhat sad that we knew this kind of stuff is needed for over a decade and is still not a standard.

I also find it interesting that you liked Arkham Knight more than the other games because I mostly heard bad things about it.

Well that makes two of us. Idunno, it was really pretty and they made combat animations faster so it feels a lot more responsive (and doesn't take control away from you for long enough that you fail to counter attacks like in the previous games.)

Edited by Fenixp

Managed to find the nerve to pick up my Amnesia playthrough. Found half the orb, Choir area is next and then there' s whatever comes after that... Already saw some electricity fielded-off entrance so I'm guessing the ending must be getting near now... (but I've thought that before, so yeah...)

i was playing that too at some time but for no reason i just stopped right after the part where there is a flooded corridor with something in the water. some new game may have come out and changed what i was playing and i never felt like going back

i just started Transistor. took me a bit to realize that trying to fight battles in real time was suicide and it was just better to use the strategy mode all the time and run away from enemies while it's on cooldown.

Edited by teknoman2

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Impressive. I am so bad at Witcher 3 combat that sometimes, even on "story only!" difficulty I actually manage to die easily... 

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I beat Dropsy, a game that Shady gave to me. A lovely little adventure game. I had been keeping an eye on it but I wasn't sure if I'd end up enjoying it. It was a game that was making me happy throughout most of the game.

Maybe I will try Volume or continue my CONSORTIUM playthrough.

Impressive. I am so bad at Witcher 3 combat that sometimes, even on "story only!" difficulty I actually manage to die easily... 

Maybe you're just doing a good job of roleplaying a drunk Geralt.

• Like 1

Not playing, but having a good laugh reading the store description:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/402880

Age of Barbarian Ex is a Sword and Sorcery game, a genre that can't miss such items as the big and muscular barbarians, the succinct girls...

tumblr_nvi7dp9Wtq1rysnseo1_400.gif

I dunno, the trailer indicated the girls' outfits were brief and clearly expressed.

Err...what kind of game is this?

ss_3e0b39bec76c2d1d3e3d805ac875ff5112a18

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Trust me, I won't be any better.

I'm trying to catch up on some classics I have missed, so I have just started a new character in Ultima Underworld.

I finished J.U.L.I.A. Among the Stars.  It's a very interesting game and I'm happy to report that all questions are answered and the game doesn't do a cop-out ending.  That game has a ton of mini-games, so many that it might be more proper to call it a collection of mini-games tied together by a point & click adventure than simply calling it a point & click adventure.  Many of the puzzle mini-games are not well explained, though I guess figuring out the logic of the puzzle is part of the challenge.  The only puzzle mini-game I really didn't like was the very last one, simply because it didn't use any logic, it was a puzzle based entirely on trial and error and memory.  All the other puzzles had logic behind them, even if the logic wasn't immediately clear.  I do very much like the diversity in the mini-game puzzles, a lot of them are vastly different form one another.  Overall, it was a worthwhile experience.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks