Skaen Temple Guards nigh unkillable

Existential_Dread

Question

19 answers to this question

Hey Stank_Hoe,

We currently have a bug in where if you save/load a multiple times in the same area, enemies with shields deflection and reflexes will increase each time. We are working on a fix. 

Thanks!

Hello,

I encountered this bug when i first played the game at launch. I picked up the game again on year later now and apparently, it's still here :(

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/70377-435-cannot-hit-skaen-temple-guards/

Is it the same bug or is it just a "newer" version introduced with the recent patches?

Thanks

I don't think it's just Def/Ref. E.g. I experienced a very similar issue with +damage buff apparently stacking improperly.

Problems like this should be fixed by a hotfix on the next day after reporting!

They should be but they aren't. There are bugs in this game that were first reported in vanilla (or even in backer beta) and are still unresolved. Pathfinding is a good example.

I'm not sure they'll even bother with 3.03. At this point it's most probably a "fan patch or bugged forever" situation and I haven't heard of anyone working on a fan patch...

Edited by prodigydancer
  • Like 1

Is there any workaround for this nonsense, or are we in the mercy of a patch?

I'll never play WM in this rate, I wonder if 1.06 was the only patch with no game breaking bugs.

Edit: And I mean mercy, as who knows if a patch will be able to retroactively lower the mobs' stats.

Edited by Skie Nightfall

✔ Certified Bat Food

Well, I managed to beat 135 Def animats in Ondra's Gift without too much trouble. Admittedly, it would have been harder if they were kith (no Acc boost from Survivability).

As far as I understand, infinite stacking affects only Def, Ref and (in some cases) damage. It could be an obstacle for some soloers but most parties should be able to beat broken encounters by resorting to skills and talents that target Fort or Will: Chill Fog, Noxious Burst, Winter Wind, Insect Swarm, Mental Binding, Silent Scream, Brute Force, etc.

It's a nasty bug, to be sure, and I very much hope it'll be fixed but it doesn't really make the game unbeatable.

Edited by prodigydancer

Great job done on the various patches, but please could the next patch address both the defense stacking bug as well as the damage stacking bug (with Confident Aim, mostly). Being a sometimes save-scummer and a POTD soloist (yeah I know kinda sad), it's making strategic play very difficult when a lot of fights now depend on unlucky rolls by the opposition.

Great job done on the various patches, but please could the next patch address both the defense stacking bug as well as the damage stacking bug (with Confident Aim, mostly). Being a sometimes save-scummer and a POTD soloist (yeah I know kinda sad), it's making strategic play very difficult when a lot of fights now depend on unlucky rolls by the opposition.

They said they will: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/86041-when-is-the-next-patch-coming-out/?p=1807902

I do wonder if it will fix a save where the mobs already got the stacked up bonuses.

✔ Certified Bat Food