I was wondering which Flick of the Wrist weapon is best for dual wielding rogue. I assume best one is copied after being fully upgraded.

Possible candidates are:

March Steel Dagger: +20% attack speed, no useless enchants. Speed it worth 3 points, so we can make it legendary+lash+speed at 13/14. With durgan steel it has +35% attack speed. I was told it is cumulative, it's 2x35%+20% from dual wielding talent+15% from durgan steel on armor+15% from gloves=120%,  0% recovery without Vulnerable Attack and 20% with it.

Drawn in Spring: DoT costs only 2 points, so we can make it Legendary, Lash, Beast Slaying or leave it at superb, and use Kith Slaying instead. We can't reach 0% recovery, so it will be slower but maybe DoT makes it worth it ?

Unlabored Blade: Free Mythic, has +20% speed but we can't enchant it with Durgan Steel. Not really worth it, I think. Also, can't be copied.

Azureith's Stilleto: Is spell striking worth it ? Early it's really powerful, but what about later game ?

Black Fang: similar question, is spell striking worth it ? Rending sounds cool, with it and talent we have 11 which sounds pretty impressive. Legendary+Rending+Lash leaves no place for slaying.

Misery's End:  +20% damage with flanking/stunned/prone sounds nice but is it worth points ?

Oidhreacht: 20% drain sounds cool, but I don't think it's worth - if enemy focuses fire on rogue, it won't help much.

All daggers have +5 to-hit bonus, very good in early game but probably not so important later.

Stilletos have -3 DR, which is much better all game, I believe.

My thoughts are it's either black fang or drawn in spring, but maybe I'm missing something.

U should take into account that : Any Soulbound weapon will get accuracy bonus from Flick of The Wrist , atleast this should be the case 

Also in the end , weapons which have 1.2 Attack Speed are the best ones ( for daggers that would be March Steel and Unlabored Blade )

Edited by Blunderboss

Flick of the Wrist (FotW) working on soulbounds' universal weapon focus: it's not the case any more. At least last time I checked with version 3.01.

Best weapon would be Drawn in Spring I guess - duplicated or with the Unlabored Blade. It's wounding enchantment stacks so dps wise this would be very powerful.

Also because Daggers have an inherent +5 ACC bonus that stacks with the +4 from FotW.

If you are ok with switching weapon sets then four stilettos are also very nice: first set is with Azureith's Stiletto and Bleak Fang - after they triggered their spells (which are 1/encounter), switch to dual Vent Pick (or Vent Pick with Misery's End) or something like that. Vent Pick's spell chance got fiexed in 3.02.

Or duplicate Bleak Fang. It has +6 DR bypass (+11 with Vulnerable Attack) - that's pretty awesome for such a fast weapon. And it will proc Touch of Rot twice per encounter. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Also the attack speed is multiplicative.

A quick example:

Using a durgan march steel dagger and Unlabored Blade - 1.15 (durgan steel) x 1.20 (speed enchant) x 1.20 (speed enchant) = 1.656 add 0.20 for dual wield style = 1.856 not at zero recovery.

Using the same as above lets add in Outlander's Frenzy (this multiplies with the speed enchants) now you have 1.656 x 1.25 (Outlander's Frenzy) = 2.07 now add 0.20 for dual wield and you get 2.27. You are now at zero recovery for any normal robe, padded or hide armor. With durgan armor you are zero recovery with breastplate, scale, and leather.

If you want Vulnerable Attack the -0.20 comes off the final number so you get 2.27 - 0.2 = 2.07 This make you zero recovery naked or zero recovery with durgan robes and durgan padded armor.

its good idea to reserve Raedrics Keep and Skaen Temple for charging soul bounds also you can complete raedrics questline pretty early in the game without killing too much of enemies there , just choose infiltration path ( get praised by raedric all day :D ) u can even leave both Animancer and Priest alive , kill Kolsc , and comeback before act 3 to clear the keep charge soulbounds and kill raedric for him to respawn as Fampyr later .

Edited by Blunderboss

I like to use whatever two factions in Defiance Bay that I don't join as soul forged fuel. Leaving levels 5+ of Caed Nua is also good for leveling up soul forged weapons. I take level four to get the sabre, the quarterstaff and the hunting bow.

Raedrics full clear is what generates all the loot to sell to fund everything. Walking in the front gate slaying everyone is Chuck Norris level of bad assery :) It's also the funnest way to do the Iron Flail and the Abbey.

• Like 1

I'd go with Drawn in Spring and Unlabored for pure dps. The Firebug proc is really something else for adding total dps. If you don't care about the AoE then two Drawn in Spring would be great.

If you want to go with Daggers imo have two sets. Double Drawn in Spring for extreme badasses (i.e. dragons) The DoT will really pay off in longer fights. For big mobs use Unlabored and March Steel to hit zero recovery and the proc can be great versus big mobs.

Also these attack speed calc have not been using Gauntlets of Swiftness for another .15 multiplier. Don't forget about those if you really want to get to zero rec and still have some armor.

IMO none of the Stilettos are good enough to use as a main weapon setup. So many better options for rogues.

here's another thought:

Daggers and stilettos use entirely different focus, so you probably are going to be looking at using one OR the other for maximum efficiency.  I myself prefer stilettos because DR, and the ruffian focus also has the blunderbuss (still the most powerful slow weapon in the game).

but, what's that you say?  you don't want to limit yourself to only piercing damage with stilettos?  You hate Spores with a passion that borders on the insane?

well then, there is a VERY easy (in large numbers!) to get stiletto in white march.  just kill some lagufaeth.  their stilettos do slashing damage, and you can enchant them with anything you want.  who needs specials when you have 14 points of enchantment available?

also, they actually look pretty cool to boot.

Edited by Ichthyic
  • Like 2

here's another thought:

Daggers and stilettos use entirely different focus, so you probably are going to be looking at using one OR the other for maximum efficiency. I myself prefer stilettos because DR, and the ruffian focus also has the blunderbuss (still the most powerful slow weapon in the game).

but, what's that you say? you don't want to limit yourself to only piercing damage with stilettos? You hate Spores with a passion that borders on the insane?

well then, there is a VERY easy (in large numbers!) to get stiletto in white march. just kill some lagufaeth. their stilettos do slashing damage, and you can enchant them with anything you want. who needs specials when you have 14 points of enchantment available?

also, they actually look pretty cool to boot.

Being a big Stilletto fan that is an awesome find! Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

yeah, I'm one of those that really REALLY hates all things mushroomy... especially sporelings and dank spores.

noisy damn things (sporelings) with evil endless mind control and soul-sucking tendrils (dank spores), and immune to all the good disables.

I love going after them with  fully enchanted, dual wielded, Bittercut and lagufaeth stilleto.  Slash and burn, baby!  ...well, slash and melt, anyway.

too bad it doesn't work so well for swamp spores.  *sigh*

Edited by Ichthyic
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

yeah, I'm one of those that really REALLY hates all things mushroomy... especially sporelings and dank spores.

noisy damn things (sporelings) with evil endless mind control and soul-sucking tendrils (dank spores), and immune to all the good disables.

I love going after them with  fully enchanted, dual wielded, Bittercut and lagufaeth stilleto.  Slash and burn, baby!  ...well, slash and melt, anyway.

too bad it doesn't work so well for swamp spores.  *sigh*

Dude pencil me in on your Spore crusade. I will be your Paladin (if you got room for one ;))  They are notoriously annoying because of what they are immune to i hate them so much.  I love smashing the Radiant Spore as my ultimate revenge.  

Have gun will travel.

Drawn is Spring is the best dps 1h weapon in the game - it's as simple as that. And you can reach 0% recovery while dual wielding with any weapon if:

- you have the Gauntlets of Swiftness

- your weapons are durgan enchanted

- your armor has 0% recovery (ie cloth or durgan enchanted robes)

Having also a speed enchantment on the weapon allows wearing heavier armor. Fast weapons generally suck because they do very little damage vs high DR enemies. Drawn in Spring is an exception because a big chunk of its damage is raw and can't be reduced...