HBO Game of Thrones Season 6!

ktchong

Guys I'm not watching one episode of this season and then at the end watch the WHOLE series in one day   :dancing:  :dancing:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

• 3 weeks later...

I want that dude's helmet feather thing.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

• 2 weeks later...

SPOILERS!!!

K. Didn't expect Doran to go out like that. Especially not on the first ep.

Still hoping against hope that Dolorous Edd ultimately gets out alive when the series is done. He's my Everyman survivor.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

That Dorn crap was absolutely ridiculous. It was a SJW Nazi wet dream. LMAO Can you imagine that dialogue being said from a man to a woman? LMAO

ALso, it is sad that the Lanistors have more heart and sould than the Dornish ladies do. 

Yay for Sansa and co.

And, yum and ewww at that ending. :p

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Yeah the TV show has screwed the pooch on the whole Dorne plot line. It's much better in the books. But the Sand Snakes are f-----g hot though so that does make up for some of it.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The whole idea of 'female empowerment' is lame and reeks of sexism as it implies that women are weak by default. That is why a certain other female character does much more for so called strong women than the snakes do.

Yeha, they are hot but that's it. Their story is stupid. Their characters are stupid. Their motivation -w hich started off simple but logical (vengeance for daddy's death) has gone of the rails. LAME

The rest of the show was solid though... then again, I guess they needed to do some gruesome deaths for 'named' characters in the season premiere. At least one of them should have died . Also, the show is racist (lol) by having the big black guard die due to a dagger in the back and he died right away while his  boss  hung on for over a minute. LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

They killed Bashir already?

I need to catch up on this, still on last season

I'm guessing they hit the reset button on the Dorne storyline because of the mess they made last season. Now they're probably going to use Vivienne as stand-in for the war brought by Aegon & the Golden Company (which totally doesn't sound kinky at all, no sir :p).

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Now...I'm trying to remember if Grey Worm is still alive and kicking. Is he? Or is it a she?

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

The format is starting to grind on me a bit. Ever since the beginning it's been 15 mins here and 15 mins there with an occasional special episode like the siege of the wall and Kings Landing.

15 mins is long enough to yank you away just as you are starting to get interested in that storyline. I think I'll wait until I have a handful of episodes to catch up on. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Now...I'm trying to remember if Grey Worm is still alive and kicking. Is he? Or is it a she?

Yes he is, and yes, he is a he. Although I'd rather not see too much of him this season, the "romance" with Missandei was close to being as bad as the Dornish storyline. :)

• Like 1

I was talking to a guy at work about the show today. He has never read the books but he is really into the show. He is convinced Tyrion will turn out to be the third Targaryen. I have a hard time swallowing that one. The show, like the books, has laid a lot of foundation for R+L=J but Tyrion being a the 3rd Dragon seems like it would be coming out of nowhere. If any foundation has been laid for that I missed it.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I was talking to a guy at work about the show today. He has never read the books but he is really into the show. He is convinced Tyrion will turn out to be the third Targaryen. I have a hard time swallowing that one. The show, like the books, has laid a lot of foundation for R+L=J but Tyrion being a the 3rd Dragon seems like it would be coming out of nowhere. If any foundation has been laid for that I missed it.

There were some hints from Ser Barristan in A Dance With Dragons that the Mad King Aerys had a fancy for Tywin's wife and took certain unspecified "liberties" during the bedding ceremony. It's not much to go on but enough to fashion a theory that either Tyrion or Jaime and Cersei are actually secret Targaryen bastards.

It mostly focuses on Tyrion because Tywin said to him that he "is not his son" and while "he cannot prove that he isn't his son" he sure as hell can and will stop him from rightfully inheriting Casterly Rock, plus Tyrion has unusually bright blonde hair, even for a Lannister (noted as early as A Game of Thrones).

Tyrion being the bastard child of Aerys would be a lot less out of the left field than Aegon having been baby swapped and suddenly showing up. In the books, at least. The show dropped absolutely no hints at all so far other than Tyrion really liking dragons.

Edited by majestic
  • Like 1