Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Closed Beta Issues Thread

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
261 replies to this topic

Cocky-Rooster

Cocky-Rooster

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 88 posts

1) When trying to sign-up my user name was rejected but I didn't get an explanation as to why it just wouldn't let me sign-up until I changed it. 

2) There's either a bug or I have the worst luck, every time I used Kyra's start of turn Cure ability I rolled a 1+1, this happened 8 times.

Hrqt4Gs.jpg

Edited by Cocky-Rooster, 11 March 2016 - 08:36 AM.

• PinkRose likes this

Ebee

Ebee

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • Steam:Ebeeroper

I went through All of normal difficulty and heroic difficulty last night.  I was logged in via facebook but that bug has already been discovered.  Here are a few things I have discovered. 

During the tutorial, it explains each card could have different types of checks but it doesn't explain to drag down to choose the check you want to do.

During the tutorial, I cast Acid Arrow on Ameiko and it gave her a d10 instead of 2d4. 

I was doing a wisdom check, I cast Blessing of Calistria (non combat Dex).  It changed me automatically to the D4s.  I then chose to go back to Wisdom but instead of just giving me 1 D12, it gave me 2 D12. 

I was at the Shrine and found an Ancient Skeleton.  I Defeated the ancient skeleton.  I attempted to close the location using Guidance.  I failed my check.  I was then given the option to recharge Guidance.  Once i recharged the card, it allowed me to attempt to close the location once more. 

On the treasure chest area in the store, guaranteed is misspelled. 

Thanks we'll look into those!

Acid Arrow was changed by design. The text on the card should reflect that as well.

I just went back through the tutorial and Acid Arrow is showing 2d4 but is giving a d10.

Acamp1

Acamp1

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Steam:Acamp111

I am playing on a Samsung Galaxy Avant and everything is too small.  The location descriptions are very hard to read and to avoid pushing the wrong button takes concentration.  Yet there is plenty of empty space to enlarge these items. Or give a blow up feature like cards have.  (For transparency I am 51 and this might not be a problem for younger players).

Also logged in with Facebook and still have no gold. 

StormbringerGT

StormbringerGT

QA Tester

• Developers
  • 753 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:StormbringerGT
  • Steam:StormbringerGT
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer

I am playing on a Samsung Galaxy Avant and everything is too small.  The location descriptions are very hard to read and to avoid pushing the wrong button takes concentration.  Yet there is plenty of empty space to enlarge these items. Or give a blow up feature like cards have.  (For transparency I am 51 and this might not be a problem for younger players).

Also logged in with Facebook and still have no gold. 

Hi Acamp1!

For now we recommend players avoid using the Facebook login and to just create a new account and use that at he welcome screen.

Also the UI was designed to work with Tablets for now and while the game may run on a phone we are still working on making a UI specifically for phones. :)

• Acamp1 likes this

Eldicor

Eldicor

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 37 posts
Ebee, I don't think that lack of proficiency was an issue. My Kyra only ever used a Mace or a Flaming Mace +1, and Merisiel starts proficient with weapons if I am remembering correctly. I wonder if that's where the hiccup may have come up in coding though -- but I didn't notice the issue with any non-Veteran monsters.

PinkRose

PinkRose

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 577 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I also have only rolled 2 with Kyra's Cure spells.

Also, Merisiel is not proficient with weapons to start.

StormbringerGT

StormbringerGT

QA Tester

• Developers
  • 753 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Thanks!

Just checked and had Kyra play 10 cure spells and I rolled random numbers. Actually rolled about three 4's. Which I wish I could do when playing normally...

Merisiel is not supposed to be proficient with weapons to start and when I double checked she is not proficient with weapons to start in the build as well. Not sure if I'm reading your comment wrong?

GUIOni

GUIOni

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:GUIOni
  • Xbox Gamertag:GUIOni

I can also verify that I've rolled non-1 numbers for Kyra during Brigandoom, so I suppose that's just unfortunate luck :(

StormbringerGT

StormbringerGT

QA Tester

• Developers
  • 753 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

An additional bug of sorts from my iPad Air 2:

You can trick the card selection screen to let you go forward without enough cards (and trigger selecting any Basic card) by discarding what cards you want from each category, then picking any category, discarding a card, and adding cards until that category is full.  Because that category validates, it tricks the engine into letting you go forward.  This is, of course, quite useful in early games, but presumably unintended.

The way we do deck editing now is during the first 3 scenario's, Brigandoom!, Poison Pill and Black Fang's Dungeon, you are allowed to edit your decks and pick from basic cards to do so. Once you reach Attack on Sandpoint you should be unable to do this.

That being said the way you tripped the system up is not how it should be working. Thanks for pointing it out!

Sylvanta

Sylvanta

Obsidian Alumni

• Members
  • 151 posts

I've been having repeat crashes.  Right now, I finished Heroic Difficulty on the Base Set Scenario's.  Once I completed Black Fang's Dungeon, I then realized I had received some gold.  I went into the store and purchased Harsk, Ezren and the Adventure Path 1.  However, since that point I have not been able to play the game again. I have all four of the unlocked characters in my party. I have tried starting at Adventure Path 1, and my tablet freezes.  I've tried starting at the beginning scenario again, in all three difficulties and my tablet freezes.  I am unable to drag anyone out of my party as well. 

Went to bed to let the tablet rest overnight.  When I woke up this morning, I attempted to create a new account with my husband's information.  When I got the account set up, it still had all of my information and saves from my account.  Could not get any games to load with all four characters.  I tried the different difficulties on the Base Set adventures and I tried the adventure path 1.  I even went into story mode, chose the four characters and it still froze when I tried to start the adventure.  Is there a way to hard set the game?  Should I just delete and re-install?

What happens when you attempt to load a save?  Does it just not respond, go to loading screen and never load, something else?

You can try clearing out the game's cache - that may fix the issue.  To do that you'd need to go into the device's settings, the application subsection, and find the entry for Pathfinder Adventures.  Once selected, it should give you the option to clear cache.  (This is all slightly different depending on OS Version and actual device, but should be generally the same across them all).

Sylvanta

Sylvanta

Obsidian Alumni

• Members
  • 151 posts

Thanks!

Just checked and had Kyra play 10 cure spells and I rolled random numbers. Actually rolled about three 4's. Which I wish I could do when playing normally...

Merisiel is not supposed to be proficient with weapons to start and when I double checked she is not proficient with weapons to start in the build as well. Not sure if I'm reading your comment wrong?

I can also verify that I've rolled non-1 numbers for Kyra during Brigandoom, so I suppose that's just unfortunate luck :(

I can verify that if anyone is well versed in near impossible rolls, it's Stormbringer.  He's notorious for rolling all 1s three checks in a row - both in the digital and physical game. ;)

• StormbringerGT and Cocky-Rooster like this

Sylvanta

Sylvanta

Obsidian Alumni

• Members
  • 151 posts

iPad Mini 2 with iOS 9.2.1.

On three occasions, I have been unable to complete the Explore phase of a player's turn. I will complete a check, but after that there is no red End Turn button on the middle right side of the screen, and all but the green Explore icon in the upper right are dim and inaccessible. I can quit the game, but when I return I can only repeat the check, and am still stuck. This happened on two campaigns and a quest, effectively stopping any forward progress.
If I could just forfeit the game, I could at least get out of the loop. But as noted in another thread, this is not an option that has been provided. It really should be. Nobody wants to have to grind out a game that starts as a disaster (plus it gets me out of my current Beta woes.)

If you encounter this again, can you upload a screenshot of the point you're stuck at?  (Screenshots on iOS are generally holding power + home button at the same time, the shot should be taken on release).

Sylvanta

Sylvanta

Obsidian Alumni

• Members
  • 151 posts

I have just finished my first go at Brigandoom, and I am quite excited for this digital version of PACG! There were two major issues during my first playthrough, and a couple of minor ones as well:

1) For some combats against mercenaries and bandits, the difficulty of the check was increased by 4 (as if the adventure deck number was 4). These were checks in the middle of the game (~turns 10-20), and not all combats against mercenaries or bandits had this issue.

2) The scenario was ultimately failed, but I lost all cards my characters acquired during the scenario -- there was no option to rebuild decks or anything after it was over.

There was one minor issue near the end as well -- Merisiel was fighting a shadow in an attempt to temporarily close a location, and it defaulted her to combat using a d4, not her melee die.

I also have one question. I set permadeath to 'on', and Merisiel died in this first attempt. It seemed like I could not access a fresh version of Merisiel for my next game -- is that what is meant by permadeath? If so, I fear that may rub people the wrong way in conjunction with asking them to pay for characters -- it certainly does to me.

Thanks for all the work and love that has been put into the game! I look forward to it getting better and better!

Ebee, I don't think that lack of proficiency was an issue. My Kyra only ever used a Mace or a Flaming Mace +1, and Merisiel starts proficient with weapons if I am remembering correctly. I wonder if that's where the hiccup may have come up in coding though -- but I didn't notice the issue with any non-Veteran monsters.

Neither Merisiel nor Kyra have weapon proficiency to begin with - so using weapons that require it would make sense here for that difficulty increase.  That being said, it wouldn't happen if you were using maces.  How odd!  We'll look into this.  Did it happen in any particular scenario, or across several ones?

Cocky-Rooster

Cocky-Rooster

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 88 posts

I can confirm once I got past Black Fang I was rolling > 1 on Kyra's Heals

Cocky-Rooster

Cocky-Rooster

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 88 posts

I've found that sometimes when trying to tap 'Bury' the character page will pop up like the bury button wasn't on the screen. IOS

StormbringerGT

StormbringerGT

QA Tester

• Developers
  • 753 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I've found that sometimes when trying to tap 'Bury' the character page will pop up like the bury button wasn't on the screen. IOS

Thanks! This is a known issue that is listed on the first post.

• If you try to click the button to banish or bury on a device with a 4:3 aspect ratio (most apple devices), you will instead open the character sheet. A workaround is to drag the card to the top where the chain is displayed to Banish, or to the bottom left where a pile of dirt is displayed to bury.

Sylvanta

Sylvanta

Obsidian Alumni

• Members
  • 151 posts

This is a known issue for both Bury and Banish, and is specific to 4:3 resolution (which most iOS devices use).  You can drag the card to the chains at the top to banish, or the dirt pile on the lower left to bury to work around this.  (Note there is also some known difficulty dragging a card into the bury pile - make sure the card is fully over the art). 

I'm not sure if this made it to the known issues list, but I'll double check and get it added.

Mysterio

Mysterio

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 61 posts

Is it just my device, or is the music that's played on the main screen extremely low?  With the game's Music slider at max, I can barely hear it with my iPad volume set to four bars, which is the setting at which I play all of my iOS games.

Edited by Mysterio, 11 March 2016 - 02:57 PM.

StormbringerGT

StormbringerGT

QA Tester

• Developers
  • 753 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I have just finished my first go at Brigandoom, and I am quite excited for this digital version of PACG! There were two major issues during my first playthrough, and a couple of minor ones as well:

1) For some combats against mercenaries and bandits, the difficulty of the check was increased by 4 (as if the adventure deck number was 4). These were checks in the middle of the game (~turns 10-20), and not all combats against mercenaries or bandits had this issue.

2) The scenario was ultimately failed, but I lost all cards my characters acquired during the scenario -- there was no option to rebuild decks or anything after it was over.

There was one minor issue near the end as well -- Merisiel was fighting a shadow in an attempt to temporarily close a location, and it defaulted her to combat using a d4, not her melee die.

I also have one question. I set permadeath to 'on', and Merisiel died in this first attempt. It seemed like I could not access a fresh version of Merisiel for my next game -- is that what is meant by permadeath? If so, I fear that may rub people the wrong way in conjunction with asking them to pay for characters -- it certainly does to me.

Thanks for all the work and love that has been put into the game! I look forward to it getting better and better!

On Permadeath: When a character dies that characters is simply reset to 0 similar to how it functions in the physical game. However the issue you ran across is something else. When you return to the character select screen the filter is defaulted to experienced. As you probably did not have any experienced characters they were all grayed out. If you tap on the New button below filter characters on the top left corner of the screen it will show all new characters you have to select from.

Jeftidastl

Jeftidastl

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 58 posts

Merisiel encountered a goblin warrior, and when I went to use the Caltrops, the d8 for her strength die was on top of the Caltrops card and its banish button, causing me to roll the str die instead of using the Caltrops.

What device were you on and what os version is it running? Thanks!

iPad with iOS version 9.2.1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users