Closed Beta Issues Thread

Mikey Dowling

Question

Us this thread to discuss issues you find in the Pathfinder Adventures Closed Beta. Do make sure to check out the known issues list to see if we are already looking into your issue.

List of Known Issues:

• Quest Mode - Work in Progress. Some progression blocking issues and not properly balanced.
  • Character Dialogues - After "Local Heroes" there will be some missing dialogues from certain characters.
  • Audio - Lots of SFX and Music will be coming online in the following weeks.
  • Booster Cards - Will be some changes and the more powerful ones are not implemented yet. Additionally, if it has missing artwork the card will function properly but might not highlight as useable.
  • The only decks avilable will be "B," "1," and "2."
  • There is a planned update to the Beta but it might require a wipe of your saved games.
  • If you have played a previous version of the game, uninstall that before installing this build. Prior saved data is known to cause issues.
  • There currently is no notification that you have to be logged in to collect gold. If you are not logged in you will not collect gold.
  • Also, you must be logged in to use gold in the store.
  • iOS Login Screen - Currently when entering in your user name it will mirror the test (and captialize the 1st letter) into the Password field. Please select the Password field and backspace the text and enter the password you wish to use. Note: the password field does not properly highlight that it is selected but will take the inputs
  • When collecting gold from completion of scenarios it doesn't refresh the gold counter immediately. Ex. If you collect 14 gold and finish the Tutorial and it gives you 100 gold, it will still show you at 14. If you go to the vault, it will properly show you having 114 gold.
  • Villains are missing their Monster card type. So powers that reference monsters will not take effect on a Villain card.
  • After playing the Tutorial once, playing it again may cause it to overwrite your save.
  • Glitch makes it so you can buy a character more than once. You will only get one character, but the gold will be taken.
  • If you leave the game after you explore and come back, the top card of the location deck will be on display
  • Linking your facebook account isn't letting you gain gold. A workaround is to avoice that feature and create an account on the welcome screen instead.
  • The Rules "Core Concepts" subsection lists "Example" many times and doesn't update its content.
  • Nook is not officially supported, nor is Kindle Fire
  • If you attemt to enter the store when you're not logged in (and when linked to facebook due to its issues) the store appears to be empty.
  • If you try to click the button to banish or bury on a device with a 4:3 aspect ratio (most apple devices), you will instead open the character sheet. A workaround is to drag the card to the top where the chain is displayed to Banish, or to the bottom left where a pile of dirt is displayed to bury.
  • If all characters die in a scenario, the death message appears jumbled.
  • Editing decks at the scenario select screen causes a glitch that will reset your decks and character progress. You can however edit your decks at the end of a scenario when you win or lose.
  • Purchasing a character and logging out of the game will remove the character from your save. If this happens let us know and we'll give you more gold to get the character back.
  • Pressing the "?!" button during the Tutorial causes a progression break glitch that causes the application to need to be restarted
  • Like 2

On Twitter @MikeyDowling

iPad Mini 2 with iOS 9.2.1.

On three occasions, I have been unable to complete the Explore phase of a player's turn. I will complete a check, but after that there is no red End Turn button on the middle right side of the screen, and all but the green Explore icon in the upper right are dim and inaccessible. I can quit the game, but when I return I can only repeat the check, and am still stuck. This happened on two campaigns and a quest, effectively stopping any forward progress.

If I could just forfeit the game, I could at least get out of the loop. But as noted in another thread, this is not an option that has been provided. It really should be. Nobody wants to have to grind out a game that starts as a disaster (plus it gets me out of my current Beta woes.)

If you encounter this again, can you upload a screenshot of the point you're stuck at?  (Screenshots on iOS are generally holding power + home button at the same time, the shot should be taken on release).

I have just finished my first go at Brigandoom, and I am quite excited for this digital version of PACG! There were two major issues during my first playthrough, and a couple of minor ones as well:

1) For some combats against mercenaries and bandits, the difficulty of the check was increased by 4 (as if the adventure deck number was 4). These were checks in the middle of the game (~turns 10-20), and not all combats against mercenaries or bandits had this issue.

2) The scenario was ultimately failed, but I lost all cards my characters acquired during the scenario -- there was no option to rebuild decks or anything after it was over.

There was one minor issue near the end as well -- Merisiel was fighting a shadow in an attempt to temporarily close a location, and it defaulted her to combat using a d4, not her melee die.

I also have one question. I set permadeath to 'on', and Merisiel died in this first attempt. It seemed like I could not access a fresh version of Merisiel for my next game -- is that what is meant by permadeath? If so, I fear that may rub people the wrong way in conjunction with asking them to pay for characters -- it certainly does to me.

Thanks for all the work and love that has been put into the game! I look forward to it getting better and better!

Ebee, I don't think that lack of proficiency was an issue. My Kyra only ever used a Mace or a Flaming Mace +1, and Merisiel starts proficient with weapons if I am remembering correctly. I wonder if that's where the hiccup may have come up in coding though -- but I didn't notice the issue with any non-Veteran monsters.

Neither Merisiel nor Kyra have weapon proficiency to begin with - so using weapons that require it would make sense here for that difficulty increase.  That being said, it wouldn't happen if you were using maces.  How odd!  We'll look into this.  Did it happen in any particular scenario, or across several ones?

I've found that sometimes when trying to tap 'Bury' the character page will pop up like the bury button wasn't on the screen. IOS

Thanks! This is a known issue that is listed on the first post.

• If you try to click the button to banish or bury on a device with a 4:3 aspect ratio (most apple devices), you will instead open the character sheet. A workaround is to drag the card to the top where the chain is displayed to Banish, or to the bottom left where a pile of dirt is displayed to bury.

I've found that sometimes when trying to tap 'Bury' the character page will pop up like the bury button wasn't on the screen. IOS

This is a known issue for both Bury and Banish, and is specific to 4:3 resolution (which most iOS devices use).  You can drag the card to the chains at the top to banish, or the dirt pile on the lower left to bury to work around this.  (Note there is also some known difficulty dragging a card into the bury pile - make sure the card is fully over the art). 

I'm not sure if this made it to the known issues list, but I'll double check and get it added.

Is it just my device, or is the music that's played on the main screen extremely low?  With the game's Music slider at max, I can barely hear it with my iPad volume set to four bars, which is the setting at which I play all of my iOS games.

Edited by Mysterio

I have just finished my first go at Brigandoom, and I am quite excited for this digital version of PACG! There were two major issues during my first playthrough, and a couple of minor ones as well:

1) For some combats against mercenaries and bandits, the difficulty of the check was increased by 4 (as if the adventure deck number was 4). These were checks in the middle of the game (~turns 10-20), and not all combats against mercenaries or bandits had this issue.

2) The scenario was ultimately failed, but I lost all cards my characters acquired during the scenario -- there was no option to rebuild decks or anything after it was over.

There was one minor issue near the end as well -- Merisiel was fighting a shadow in an attempt to temporarily close a location, and it defaulted her to combat using a d4, not her melee die.

I also have one question. I set permadeath to 'on', and Merisiel died in this first attempt. It seemed like I could not access a fresh version of Merisiel for my next game -- is that what is meant by permadeath? If so, I fear that may rub people the wrong way in conjunction with asking them to pay for characters -- it certainly does to me.

Thanks for all the work and love that has been put into the game! I look forward to it getting better and better!

On Permadeath: When a character dies that characters is simply reset to 0 similar to how it functions in the physical game. However the issue you ran across is something else. When you return to the character select screen the filter is defaulted to experienced. As you probably did not have any experienced characters they were all grayed out. If you tap on the New button below filter characters on the top left corner of the screen it will show all new characters you have to select from.

Merisiel encountered a goblin warrior, and when I went to use the Caltrops, the d8 for her strength die was on top of the Caltrops card and its banish button, causing me to roll the str die instead of using the Caltrops.

What device were you on and what os version is it running? Thanks!

iPad with iOS version 9.2.1

Is it just my device, or is the music that's played on the main screen extremely low?  With the game's Music slider at max, I can barely hear it with my iPad volume set to four bars, which is the setting at which I play all of my iOS games.

Audio is still a work in progress, and being kept low to help the audio team while it's finished off.

• Like 1

Android 6.0.1 (Nexus 5)

I've played a ton both on my phone and on an android emulator on my PC.

The accounts don't sync, they seem to only use the local save.

Here are some quirks I've ran into:

Goblin Fortress is not adding 1d4 weapons after closing.

Sound is weird when casting from my phone to smart TV. It's laggy and 'drags' the sound effects. (this could be an issue with any of the other components, but audio seems to work normally with other apps in this setting).

I wasn't paying close enough attention, but during one of the harder difficulty playthroughs, it was supposed to burn a card from the blessings deck if I failed a check on a boon. I'm fairly certain I watched it burn through about 4 blessings while I was reading the text on the boon I was encountering. 

Here are some general things I think should be worked out for clarity's sake:

I have lost a few battles because I'm looking at the check difficulty on the card instead of the check above the dice. Maybe have the card difficulty also change (and grow in size?!) when something is tougher. The skeleton for instance, would show as an 8 normally on the card graphic, but when you used a dagger to fight it, the 8 would change to an 11 and grow in size, or maybe pulse?

When being forced to discard the Dogslicer +1 because of a rolled, it took me a few times to figure out what was happening (of course I didn't read the card, because it was just a +1 version of the same card I had been using, i thought.). Maybe some pause here, where it highlights the text on the card that shows you what happened would help? I am an experienced PACG player and I was confused, so I'm guessing new players would have no idea what happened.

At Sandpoint Cathedral, the location ability lets you pull a blessing from discard to your hand when defeating a monster. It also requires you to banish a blessing to close the location. However, when you defeat a henchmen here, it doesn't allow you to pull that blessing before asking you close the location. In the card game, when the same thing triggers two events (defeating the monster henchmen) you get to choose which order you do them. I believe this would allow you to pull the blessing before choosing to close the location and banish the blessing you just recovered. This might be intended design, but I believe it to be the opposite of the original intent.

I purchased a chest and got 4 allies, but I couldn't figure out how to add them to a deck.

All in all, this game plays fantastically and I love the job you guys have done!!!

• Like 1

Can we get pop-up help for the Powers on the main screen?

Since it's so easy to play different or multiple characters I find myself with powers I don't normally have access to and I have to keep going to the character sheet to check.

If we could get hover text for holding down the power on the main page, that would be swell.

• Like 1

I have given Merisiel two dex skill points and Kyra one str and one wis skill point each. During a scenario (Local Heroes) I click on a character to see their skills. Merisiel has a blue +2 next to her dex on her skill sheet like she should, but when I switch to Kyra she has a blue +2 dex on her sheet in addition to her two blue +1s. Merisiel never has Kyra's skills displayed on her sheet, even if Kyra is pulled us first, and Kyra always has the extra +2 shown even if Merisiel is never looked at. This seems to be graphical only and does not impact die rolls.

Scenario: Crow Bait

"If you discard damage from a combat check, bury 1 of those cards"

I received combat damage from a falling bell barrier, but it was not from a combat CHECK"

It forced me to bury 1 card. It also game me the option to bury one from my hand, instead of one of the discarded cards.

iPad Mini 2 with iOS 9.2.1.

On three occasions, I have been unable to complete the Explore phase of a player's turn. I will complete a check, but after that there is no red End Turn button on the middle right side of the screen, and all but the green Explore icon in the upper right are dim and inaccessible. I can quit the game, but when I return I can only repeat the check, and am still stuck. This happened on two campaigns and a quest, effectively stopping any forward progress.

If I could just forfeit the game, I could at least get out of the loop. But as noted in another thread, this is not an option that has been provided. It really should be. Nobody wants to have to grind out a game that starts as a disaster (plus it gets me out of my current Beta woes.)

If you encounter this again, can you upload a screenshot of the point you're stuck at?  (Screenshots on iOS are generally holding power + home button at the same time, the shot should be taken on release).

This is what I get when I load any of these saves. With the first two, I can at least attempt the check before getting stuck, For the third, I get no check and am immediately stuck.

1) Kyra on easy 1-1 after recharging spell.

RffJUqF.png

2) Kyra on heroic 1-3 after acquiring item.

fBhJko7.png

3) Merisiel on quest.

twHEsKM.png

One feature that I see that is missing is for villains who have sequential checks to defeat, PACG rules allows different characters at the same location to perform the checks. When I faced Ripnugget and Stickfoot, the app did not allow me to pick a different character than the first to attempt the second check.

If Blessing of Lamashtu is the top card of the blessing deck, the game only allows you to Recharge it (for 1 die), rather than choose between Recharge (for 1) or Bury (for 2) on a Combat check.  (Given that I was trying to use it against the Villain, I was willing to Bury rather than Recharge for a change!)

So finally got through the tutorial and B, but then have some problems. 1- when I tried to try quest 1, the game won't do anything. Can't play 1 or 2. 2- when I tried to play B again with the same characters it restarts me with new characters. 3- when I go to check the store all I get is the IU with nothing in it.

Playing on a Lenovo Yoga tablet 2

Edit:  So I got over the issue with the Store by making my own account.  That allows me to get into the store.  I tried to do the season pass but the game is telling me to log into my gmail account, which I am already logged into.  And there isn't a way to log into my gmail account from the interface.  So I tried to log out and log back in but now I am stuck with some message saying "something something something blocked out by the login/back buttons" then "the maximum API requst rate and is being trottled."

I can't log back into the game unless I use my Facebook account which causes me problems with the store.

Edited by WreckerCrew

I've had many crashes also.  It feels like a memory issue.  It usually happens during a transition, like loading a scenario or cut-scene, but can happen many other places.  I pretty much always see a degradation in performance for a little bit before it happens.  I think this program is using a lot of resources.  I notice a slightly better performance if I shut down some background processes before I open the program, like Facebook's Messenger, etc..

My tablet is using 1 GB of memory which should be enough to run any app targeted for mobile.  Please run Unity's performance profiler and check the performance of the app or possibly give us options to tone down the performance to "medium" or "low" for people with tablets/phones with less than optimal specs.

During the tutorial I was unable to use the Samisen to add a d4 to my check to recharge the Amulet of Life for Ameiko. (The tutorial mentioned using an armor here but I had already recharged my armor to help Orik). I was able to cast Aid to help with the recharge check but Aid did not give me the option to recharge it when I used it in this way.

The popup explanation of the scenario map showed up after i completed Brigandoom! instead of before.

There is no obvious back button to get out to the character unlock screen.