Moon Landing

Sarex

Okay but guys Sarex may still have  a point which will be very difficult to dispute.....if the moon was made of cheese then there was no landing? It was indeed fake...and how do we not  know the moon is not made of cheese   :shrugz:

Stop huffing glue.  It's bad for you.   :facepalm:

Okay I am one of those people  who typically loathes to give any criticism on forums but don't you think its always good to keep an open mind?

:teehee:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Nasa's article about 2009 pictures taken by Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter of Apollo 12, 14 and 17 landing sites.

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LRO/news/apollo-sites.html

Again ok, but why would the pictures be of such a low quality when we have older pictures from Mars that are better.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Here is some arguments against common claims against moon landing photographs 

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/07/photogalleries/apollo-moon-landing-hoax-pictures/

Myth busters take on moon landing photos and myths around them

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/mythbusters-database/apollo-moon-landing-pictures-fake/

Another explanations for happenings in moon landing footage.

http://lightsinthedark.com/2014/05/22/no-the-moon-landings-werent-faked-and-heres-how-you-can-tell/

But what about the difference between the video and the pictures taken, one example from the video being the famous astronaut jumping while saluting. On the video the triangular pocket on his backpack is buttoned up and on the picture taken of the same jump it can be seen over his head being unbuttoned (12 minutes in on the first video I linked). Also the links you posted don't explain the inconsistency about the reflection of the moon dust, wouldn't it then be logical to conclude that everything would be lit up and that there would be no black spots in the pictures.

Here is in depth look on fox documentary. 

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html

Here film maker explains why hoaxing moon landing in late 1960's was not technically possible

*shakes head sadly*

10,000 scientists and engineers.  is not simple the astronauts.  these folks all worked together and needed share information.  load up a rocket with exact amount o' fuel needed to get to moon and Back.  have the rocket launch and be tracked by international sources. somehow come up with a hollywood sound stage w/o benefit o' cgi that can recreate light sources that is functional infinite remote and fool the folks who understand the way light actual behaves. dust trajectories. retroreflectors behaving exact as a scientist would predict.  and so on and so on.

fool the fumbducks requires little, but to expend ridiculous amounts o' money to stage a moon round trip and fool the 10,000 scientists and engineers working on the project requires a whole different scale o' conspiracy. 

rather than ask here, and convince self with youtube videos, do a little leg work and try and refute the conspiracy.  once you have information from reputable sources as well as the conspiracy theorists, compare.  all your questions will be answered.

HA! Good Fun!

ps the only way to be convinced by the conspiracy videos is if you watch and then quit.  is a litmus test.  

Oh, I'm not convinced it was faked, this is simply a discussion. As for your answer, well they could have done all of that and launched the rocket, to have it just stay in the orbit around earth. That would still mean that only the astronauts, the people who helped fake it and the people who ordered it would need to be in on it.

you have no idea how much more complicated is your solution.  load rocket with fuel needed to get to moon and back, but then go elsewhere is gonna be difficult to fool any number o' engineers. fake trajectory o' rocket that would otherwise take to moon rather than put in orbit (is a rocket, not an airplane) then somehow  hide the giant arse rocket from international tracking capability?  is a famous quote that sir isaac newton were the guy flying the apollo 11 rocket.  within moments o' the rocket lifting off from launch pad, physicists the world over knew exactly where it had to be headed, but nasa fooled 'em all?  etc.

HA! Good Fun!

ps but again, am not telling you anything you can't discover easily for yourself.  is a test.

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Then there's the fact that the Soviets (who had every reason to discredit the idea that NASA beat them to the punch) had been tracking the mission as well, then there were the Spanish and Australian tracking stations that helped provide continuous communications with the Apollo missions (the latter served as the inspiration for one of my favourite films), then there were the thousands of ham radio enthusiasts who were monitoring the communications, with more than a few would have had radio direction finding equipment.

• Like 2
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

A little levity on the subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6MOnehCOUw

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

*shakes head sadly*

10,000 scientists and engineers.  is not simple the astronauts.  these folks all worked together and needed share information.  load up a rocket with exact amount o' fuel needed to get to moon and Back.  have the rocket launch and be tracked by international sources. somehow come up with a hollywood sound stage w/o benefit o' cgi that can recreate light sources that is functional infinite remote and fool the folks who understand the way light actual behaves. dust trajectories. retroreflectors behaving exact as a scientist would predict.  and so on and so on.

fool the fumbducks requires little, but to expend ridiculous amounts o' money to stage a moon round trip and fool the 10,000 scientists and engineers working on the project requires a whole different scale o' conspiracy. 

rather than ask here, and convince self with youtube videos, do a little leg work and try and refute the conspiracy.  once you have information from reputable sources as well as the conspiracy theorists, compare.  all your questions will be answered.

HA! Good Fun!

ps the only way to be convinced by the conspiracy videos is if you watch and then quit.  is a litmus test.  

Oh, I'm not convinced it was faked, this is simply a discussion. As for your answer, well they could have done all of that and launched the rocket, to have it just stay in the orbit around earth. That would still mean that only the astronauts, the people who helped fake it and the people who ordered it would need to be in on it.

And that would have been detected by all of the countries monitoring the craft's trajectory.  Sorry that does not fly (ouch - unintended pun). 

China's Chang'e 2 lunar orbiter took multiple photographsof the lunar surface between October 2010 and May 2011.   Traces of previous U.S. Apollo missions were visible in the images, according to Yan Jun, chief application scientist for China's lunar exploration project.  And there has been additional corroboration from the Selene and Chanfryaan-1 missions. 

Edited by kgambit

Nasa's article about 2009 pictures taken by Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter of Apollo 12, 14 and 17 landing sites.

Again ok, but why would the pictures be of such a low quality when we have older pictures from Mars that are better.

The hi res pics of mars were taken by landers. The LRO is orbiting at around 70k' IIRC. The Descent stage is only 2 meters across and the rover is less. That is a remarkably good picture for an orbiter. The Mars Global Surveyor pics didn't resolve anything that small. Of course it helps that the moon does not have an atmosphere.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Okay but guys Sarex may still have  a point which will be very difficult to dispute.....if the moon was made of cheese then there was no landing? It was indeed fake...and how do we not  know the moon is not made of cheese   :shrugz:

Okay I am one of those people  who typically loathes to give any criticism on forums but don't you think its always good to keep an open mind?

Not when you include the words "moon" and "cheese" in the same comment.  Is it happy hour over in SA now? 

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2008/08/12/moon-hoax-why-not-use-telescopes-to-look-at-the-landers/#.VrY5ouafdq0

• Like 1

Not when you include the words "moon" and "cheese" in the same comment.  Is it happy hour over in SA now? 

I live in a country that has one of the highest crimes rates in the world and we face a plethora of real economic, political and social challenges...if you are able its always happy hour over here  :dancing:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Here is in depth look on fox documentary. 

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html

Here film maker explains why hoaxing moon landing in late 1960's was not technically possible

-video-

Some of the answer are really weak and boil down to no it isn't. Also it doesn't address the differences between the video and pictures and doesn't cover the issue that the moon doesn't reflect the light on rocks (as they can be seen to have a pitch dark side as opposed to the astronauts that are lit).

The hi res pics of mars were taken by landers. The LRO is orbiting at around 70k' IIRC. The Descent stage is only 2 meters across and the rover is less. That is a remarkably good picture for an orbiter. The Mars Global Surveyor pics didn't resolve anything that small. Of course it helps that the moon does not have an atmosphe

Guess the Chinese will have an opportunity to take some picture then.

Also 35 minutes in to the video

And that would have been detected by all of the countries monitoring the craft's trajectory.  Sorry that does not fly (ouch - unintended pun). 

China's Chang'e 2 lunar orbiter took multiple photographsof the lunar surface between October 2010 and May 2011.   Traces of previous U.S. Apollo missions were visible in the images, according to Yan Jun, chief application scientist for China's lunar exploration project.  And there has been additional corroboration from the Selene and Chanfryaan-1 missions.

There is still the theory about the astronauts arriving with radiation poisoning, and being replaces by Neil Armstrong and the bunch.

As far as I know that Neil is very religious.

-video-

Then there's the fact that the Soviets (who had every reason to discredit the idea that NASA beat them to the punch) had been tracking the mission as well, then there were the Spanish and Australian tracking stations that helped provide continuous communications with the Apollo missions (the latter served as the inspiration for one of my favourite films), then there were the thousands of ham radio enthusiasts who were monitoring the communications, with more than a few would have had radio direction finding equipment.

That is a good point and one I have been wondering my self. The Soviet union would have for sure been all over it.

Edited by Sarex

I live in a country that has one of the highest crimes rates in the world and we face a plethora of real economic, political and social challenges...if you are able its always happy hour over here  :dancing:

3886561231_f7bf927072.jpg

• Like 1

-video-

That is a good point and one I have been wondering my self. The Soviet union would have for sure been all over it.

This +1

Edited by kgambit

Well, they could have made the moon landings to look closer like this. I mean, these are the expectations after all.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I don't believe in atoms. No one has ever seen an atom. How do we know this thing even exists? What proof is there atoms exist? Don't even tell me about nuclear weapons. No one has ever seen one of those go off. How do we know the two bombs used on Japan weren't just trash cans full of dynamite? Who is it that's telling us atoms exist? The Government! Yes I know colleges, teachers and scientists too but don't you see? They are all in on it!

Nuclear power! Do you even know what that is? It's a bunch of kids strapped to exercise bikes that turn a generator. You see all those pictures on milk cartons and amber alerts? Did you think those poor kids were dead? No the government kidnapped them and is using them for power generation to cover up the fact that there are no such things as atoms! You know what happened at Chernobyl? The kids escaped! In order to keep the whole thing quiet they took out the plant with a missile and "claimed" there was an accident. The same thing happened at Fukushima. There is no evidence of any "tidal wave" it was all staged. I read all about this on the internet!

Watch this video, it will change how you think of everything: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52R-znOwjkk

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I don't believe in atoms. No one has ever seen an atom. How do we know this thing even exists? What proof is there atoms exist? Don't even tell me about nuclear weapons. No one has ever seen one of those go off. How do we know the two bombs used on Japan weren't just trash cans full of dynamite? Who is it that's telling us atoms exist? The Government! Yes I know colleges, teachers and scientists too but don't you see? They are all in on it!

Nuclear power! Do you even know what that is? It's a bunch of kids strapped to exercise bikes that turn a generator. You see all those pictures on milk cartons and amber alerts? Did you think those poor kids were dead? No the government kidnapped them and is using them for power generation to cover up the fact that there are no such things as atoms! You know what happened at Chernobyl? The kids escaped! In order to keep the whole thing quiet they took out the plant with a missile and "claimed" there was an accident. The same thing happened at Fukushima. There is no evidence of any "tidal wave" it was all staged. I read all about this on the internet!

Watch this video, it will change how you think of everything: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52R-znOwjkk

Should I believe in god because some books tells me to? It's better to question everything then question nothing.

We did go to the moon. There'd be no way to properly replicate this in any terrestrial environment

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Should I believe in god because some books tells me to? It's better to question everything then question nothing.

Well belief in God is a little different. That is something that requires a leap of faith. In the end God simply cannot be proven and there is compelling evidence that supports both sides of the argument. But as far as the Apollo Landings it's not a leap of faith to say it did happen, and IMO the argument that it didn't relies on dismissing a lot of hard evidence that it did out of hand and streching logic past the breaking point that such a massive conspiracy even COULD be pulled off. I realize you are not making that argument and this is a rhetorical exercise but to say the moon landing didn't happen in the face of so much evidence that it did is nearly as absurd as claiming atoms don't exist.  

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Most likely happened but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't.

Either way I walk away smug.

Thats okay Baro, I am more than happy to confirm anything you are unsure about ..just ask and don't be embarrassed :biggrin:  

John Milton 

The moon landing was real but why haven't we gone back in decades? The answer is that the Hibernian Druids have long used a portal to the moon to perform rituals that ensure dominance over the world and they did not want a moonbase full of observers that could expose them.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands