Ok, i just bought the dlc and went to Cragholdt Bluffs and after stealthing all the way to Commander Baelorin, killing no one, he still accuses me of slaughtering his men and attacks. This is really dumb, and i'm wondering if this is because i was noticed at all, or f there's no way to avoid conflict here.

Help plz

I'm impressed that you managed it.  I'm with Boeroer, there's a good chance no-one else has done it.  I would have thought the QA crew would have been going overtime trying to break things like this, but sometimes simple things like this just get beyond them.  However, logically, since I used stealth to get past a lot of the encounters here until I went past them to go back and kill what I considered raiders, the fact is that getting closer to the siege perimeter becomes increasingly more dangerous and that makes sense.  So, it's not completely illogical.

I will say this, if you can't handle Baelorin, you need not worry about the end boss in the overall area.  Any incoherence in this post I will shamelessly blame on wine.

• Like 1

bother?

It seems that they really didn't want to give the player any options for that area. It's just supposed to be a straight-forward trial of combat for high-level characters.

Kind of a wasted opportunity really. Hanging out or working for an elite mercenary force would have been great.

Personally, I enjoyed the inside area of the tower more (the apprentices were interesting). The outside is just butchery. 

Edited by Heijoushin
  • Like 1

You can run past them if you are really really fast. A +6 move speed lets you outrun even the annoying monks in that area. It's still supertricky because they will not stop chasing you until you a) drop some summons and b) run towards the entrance of the tower where mercs and undead will battle each other while you escape to the entrance of the tower and wait (out of sight) for the encounter to stop. That might take some time. After that you can enter the tower. Obviously this is more an option for solo players since it's nearly impossible to do with 6 guys at once. Maybe you could do it one after the other (handing around boots of speed when you reached the entrance) - but I doubt it.  

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Ok, i just bought the dlc and went to Cragholdt Bluffs and after stealthing all the way to Commander Baelorin, killing no one, he still accuses me of slaughtering his men and attacks. This is really dumb, and i'm wondering if this is because i was noticed at all, or f there's no way to avoid conflict here.

Help plz

Put in a bug report.  I doubt it will change anything, but who knows?

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Indeed, the testers did overlap quite some possibles player actions, sneaking to the commander for example, it being careful its quite ok with few troops. This knowing that as to dialogues, one character opening it will warp the others team members (why it is not so as to entry to inside area ? That said, its another major oversight (in BG and quite some others it was alright to send only one character into a locations, on some (rarely) occasion Ive even had character in three separate buildings (BG2, on the dock I guess).

Hm, start of the conversation, he (the commander) remark on me not killing his men until the two (at the start of the map), then, it conclude as to "keep the fight on" ??

So, there is a variable as to the amount of dead, but it was not used as to have an alternate path to killing them (best one would have be to "purchase them" it is not ?).