The drinking thread

ShadySands

We took a much needed week off, but we are back on track with Episode 23: A Mermaid's Tale.

I'll have to stand up for the neighbours here and point out that HC Andersen that wrote the Little Mermaid was Danish and not Dutch :)

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

The ones with the all the bicycles

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Today on what's Shady drinking - rum and coke

I found a bottle of Blackheart spiced rum in the back of my liquour cabinet but the only coke I had was cherry. Turned out pretty good but seemed sweeter than regular coke

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Shots of whiskey and rum.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Tomorrow is 3/4 finals and I'm getting drunk off my ass cuz my last ain't until wendsday.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Well I came out with 2 As and a B so far looking to get another A on Wednesday. So to celebrate I drank way too much whiskey and am quite drunk. Any recommendations on a good rum or vodka or even a whiskey(preferably irish) for me to get next?

• 4 weeks later...

Don't know your preferences, but I find Barcelo Gran Anejo quite good.

Speaking of, this last weekend me and my friends celebrated a holiday and my birthday, so we ended up drinking a bit. From Thursday to Saturday, though only about ten beers a day on thursday and friday, we stepped up our game on saturday and went for the booze, he had a bottle of Ileach and his girlfriend had a bottle of her own, I had a bottle of Barcelo. They got emptied.

I think my friends have a slight hatred towards me after sunday, they both had hangovers from hell and I was perfectly fine and couldn't stop pointing it out. :blush:

Only five more years to go!

short-mountain-distillery.jpg

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

• 2 weeks later...

Not drinking right now but I am infusing some vodka. I have a bottle of mango and a bottle of cherry going. I'm thinking of doing red, white, and blue for Independence Day but not sure what to use as white... maybe sugar cane or banana... dunno.

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Was messing around in the liquor cabinet and accidentally made the most delicious Mai Tai ever

You put a lot of effort into being an alcoholic, I just down straight 151 proof and be done with it.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Gotta disguise the problem with fancy drinks and the illusion of control

I feel ya, you might also want to eat sometimes or you might end up with a bad touch of gastritis. I speak from experience, but then again I've gone off the deep end....not homeless though.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Everyone is nervous the first time they try brewing. So long as you're reasonably careful it will work absolutely fine, especially so if you're using a kit.

Not great for the liver though. I'm sure my alcohol consumption has gone up since I started brewing, though overall cost has gone down a lot.

• Like 1