The drinking thread

ShadySands

Was in the mood for a mixed drink, so I picked up some fireball.  Now I'm trying to decide what to mix it with.  I have a cherry pepsi, I think I'll try that.  Should have got rumchata to go with it.

Dr. Pepper or Mr. Pibb would work

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Hard apple cider, regular apple cider, cream soda, honey whiskey, hot chocolate, etc

Pretty much anything that sounds like it would go with cinnamon

Personally preference is a dry hard cider

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

Was in the mood for a mixed drink, so I picked up some fireball.  Now I'm trying to decide what to mix it with.  I have a cherry pepsi, I think I'll try that.  Should have got rumchata to go with it.

Dr. Pepper or Mr. Pibb would work

I thought about that, but my wife hates the stuff and I know I'll need to share.  Granted she tends to drink her fireball with hard ciders.

edit:  Hot chocolate sounds intriguing.

edit 2:  Cherry pepsi works decent.  I really need to learn more about mixed drinks, they are a mystery to me.

Edited by Hurlshot

• 2 weeks later...

Switching to White Russians. Tito's vodka from Austin, mocha-tinted coffee liqueur from old Mexico, half-and-half, whole milk. More like a Caucasian. 

Still love craft beer, but it goes right to my hips and the bacteria wars in the gut are taking its toll. 

• Like 2

All Stop. On Screen.

Switching to White Russians. Tito's vodka from Austin, mocha-tinted coffee liqueur from old Mexico, half-and-half, whole milk. More like a Caucasian. 

Still love craft beer, but it goes right to my hips and the bacteria wars in the gut are taking its toll. 

You don't want to live forever do you?

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

You don't want to live forever do you?

♪ This world has only one sweet moment set aside for us... ♪

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

urgh, even good vodka is less than bueno. Feels like the one time that girl agreed to dance with you even though she didn't want to ... cold and uncomfortable.

Back to the warm embrace of ale, in moderation this time. 

All Stop. On Screen.

I've heard that infusing the vodka with coffee and/or chocolate can help give it some personality but I've only ever infused itwith horseradish so I dunno how the end product would turn out

I still can't drink but please have one for me :/

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

The beauty of vodka is that it assumes the flavor of whatever it is mixed with. The downside is you can't drink that trash straight. Unless you're Russian. But they don't make bourbon in Russia so they wouldn't know any different. :lol:  

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

If some enterprising soul would plow up some of those wheat fields and plant yellow corn they could fix the bourbon deficiency and make a killing in the process.

I can't think of a single spirit in the world that tastes better on the rocks by itself in a glass than good Kentucky sour mash bourbon aged in charred oak at least 9 years. 

Thomas Sowell

Report back to us on your findings.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

If some enterprising soul would plow up some of those wheat fields and plant yellow corn they could fix the bourbon deficiency and make a killing in the process.

I can't think of a single spirit in the world that tastes better on the rocks by itself in a glass than good Kentucky sour mash bourbon aged in charred oak at least 9 years. 

Gotta be honest, not a bourbon fan.  Granted, I've only had one bottle (Knob Creek some years ago) but I just found it a bit too high proof for my tastes.  Personally, I'm a Scotch fan.  Of course, I also like straight vodka, so apparently I must be Russian...

Results are in for the after-action bourbon situation report. Confirming earlier intelligence, sour mash straight Kentucky aged bourbon proves superior in engagement. With a single ice cube, PSP ... or, perfect sipping point ... is achieved seconds before the ice completely melts. 

Test control subject included pot-distilled four-grain Hudson Valley bourbon, exhaustively determined to be secondary in categories of taste, color, maturity, and conviviality to Kentucky whiskey.

Also, happy day, California State Law no longer prohibits craft beer-tasting on the street at your local farmer's market.   

• Like 2

All Stop. On Screen.

Beer sampling was illegal in CA? WTF? That's half the fun of going to those craft beer fair/festival things they have in Overton Park.

Thomas Sowell

Actually, the Hudson Four Grain bourbon is amazing. My buddy gifted me a 375, which is all it comes in, supposedly. 

*no, beer sampling was legal, just not at the same time as a farmer's market

Edited by ManifestedISO

All Stop. On Screen.

You should try either Woodford Small Batch Reserve or Knob Creek Single Barrel. Woodford is the best sipping whiskey I've ever tried. Smoky with a clean finish. It'd kind of expensive but what the heck. 

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...