PC cooling system malfunctions while playing Pillars Of Eternity

ThePillar

Hi everyone!

I am having a problem on my PC while playing Pillars of Eternity.
I can hear my cooling system start up, then become irregular until a system warning pops up telling me to turn off the PC and deliver it for maintenance. After this it starts going on full power and never stop even if I turn off the game. I can continue to play the game and do everything on my PC still as if it is nothing but the cooling system is on full power constantly making a loud noise. 
I have even put the game on minimum settings and still this happens.

Any suggestions? Or do I have to live without internet for a few weeks while it is on maintenance? 

This does not happen when I play other games like Baldur's game enhanced edition, The Witcher enhanced edition. 

My PC:
Toshiba
Intel® Core i5-3203M CPU @ 2.60GHz 8 GIG RAM 64-bit op.

PoE is terribly a optimized game so that could be why it's taxing your system that much, but anyways it's not at fault for your issues. Either your fan failed, or your heatsink is blocked (by dust most likely). As you said that you can hear you fan, it's probably the heatsink that is blocked and the fan can't get enough air through it.

Edited by Sarex
  • Like 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

My PC:

Toshiba

Yeah, check your laptop's documentation for how to open it up and clean out the dust.

Hahahahahaha, good joke man. :D

More then likely is that he will need to disassemble it completely (remove the motherboard) to be able to remove to fan.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Yeah, check your laptop's documentation for how to open it up and clean out the dust. Another thing that may help is a USB cooling pad, but personally I find them a bit bulky and inconvenient.

I'll try that first and see what happens, and thanx for all the replies ppl!