Pillars of Eternity Wins Best RPG of 2015 From the Global Game Awards

Well deserved!

You have done a great job with the game and helped revive the beloved isometric, party-based, RTwP genre. Kudos! :)

• Like 5

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Well deserved!

You have done a great job with the game and helped revive the beloved isometric, party-based, RTwP genre. Kudos! :)

Could not agree more.  PoE is my second favorite game of all time.  Congratulations guys this is well deserved.

• Like 3

Have gun will travel.

Awesome, congratulations, though I'm torn between Witcher 3 and POE. Both high amongst my all time favorites and most definitely the 2 best games I've played in many years.

• Like 2

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Well done to everyone at Obsidian for making Pillars of Eternity more than just a nostalgic hit, but a genuinely high quality game.

I enjoyed the combat, plot, art style and music to name just a few. Excellent work and looking forward to the stronghold improvements in 3.0!

• Like 1

Awesome, congratulations, though I'm torn between Witcher 3 and POE. Both high amongst my all time favorites and most definitely the 2 best games I've played in many years.

I really enjoy PoE, and will pick up the last expansion, but I gotta' say that nothing I've ever played is remotely close to Witcher 3.  It's the new bar for RPGs in every category, imo.  I've lost count of my playing hours (somewhere north of 100) and have yet to get bored--which I consider an incredible achievement on the part of CDPR.

• Like 1

It's very well known that I don't make mistakes, so if you should stumble across the odd error here and there in what I have written, you may immediately deduce--quite correctly--that I did not write it... :biggrin:

I really enjoy PoE, and will pick up the last expansion, but I gotta' say that nothing I've ever played is remotely close to Witcher 3.  It's the new bar for RPGs in every category, imo.  I've lost count of my playing hours (somewhere north of 100) and have yet to get bored--which I consider an incredible achievement on the part of CDPR.

It's a different approach, I don't think they can be compared since the game mechanics are actually different in many aspects. Both are rpg but they bring the rpg to the computer through a different engine each with it's cons and pros therefore comparing witcher to poe would be unfair... you could compare witcher to dragon age however and yes we do know the result of that comparison :biggrin:

I would dare say that I actually enjoy playing PoE more than I used to enjoy playing BG for more than 15 years!!!(I started BG 2-3 months after it came out)

Congratulations Obsidian!

Keep up the good work!

Edited by Vorad
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Witcher and pillars are really different, both fantastic but different enough that it's tough to compare. Funnily enough I find Pillars has much more replay value than the witcher. Mainly because while it's one of the best games made and certainly the best open world game, it's tough going. By this I mean the story (which is exceptionally well written) and the overall darkness don't make it easy.

For example, skyrim I found fairly light hearted , no story to speak off, but fun. I could and still fire it up just to wander aimlessly around with no commitment or responsibility. I can't do that with the witcher. It's just not "fun" it's a serious game with with a major time commitment...

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

You don't just run around in Witcher and have fun because you really can't, which is why I firmly believe Skyrim to be a much better open world game than Witcher 3. Skyrim has clearly been designed as an open world experience, it's been designed for players to just explore, play around and have fun with. Witcher 3 is a lot more narrative driven and completely revolves around quests, and while exploration is kinda fun at times (and the game is bloody gorgeous), there's not nearly as much interesting stuff to just stumble upon as there is in Skyrim (unless what you stumble upon is a secondary quest, it's either a chest with useless loot guarded by monsters, hidden chest with useless loot, a few chests with useless loot placed in water or a monster nest, which you blow up and figure out it's actually a chest with useless loot). The Witcher's world is also not really designed for much emergent content like random fights breaking out and such.

I would have preferred Witcher 3 to be linear and short like the second game since that's why I have finished the second game 3 times already, but ... Oh well.

It's really difficult to compare POE, The Witcher and Fallout. I think that is not possible. And i prefer POE, so far.. WTF ? ^^

I prefer POE as well and I do like Fallout.

• Like 1

Have gun will travel.