What are you playing right now?

Blarghagh

Trying to play god like the old world in regards to technology. Making those abominations called androids, kidnapping people, playing with FEV and other things.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Geez, does Wasteland 2 ever crash a lot.  Yet again tonight the game crashed right when I was saving it.  And wouldn't you know it, it was right after I'd spent an hour clearing out an entire town of bad guys.  My last autosave was *before* that point, when I'd just entered the map.

So annoying.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Yesterday I picked up a steam link due to my office(desktop) being located about 50 feet from my living room tv. Was only able to hook it up, install and update, and then start a game (Mad Max) to check the latency and for the few minutes I was pretty surprised with how well it ran and simple to navigate the menus.

I'm only using an Xbox 360 controller so far as I haven't picked up a steam controller, maybe around Xmas but I'll update when I can.

I mainly got it for certain games lik Fallout which I can play with better graphics and dos than on the ps4 but also look forward to Victor Vran or even Kingdoms of Amalur while on the couch. I know Keyrock has a steam controller. Would you recommend that to replace a Xbox 360 controller at this time? Do you know if you can reconfigure buttons while on steam link? I wasn't sure if you had steam link or just the controller.

I mainly got it for certain games lik Fallout which I can play with better graphics and dos than on the ps4 but also look forward to Victor Vran or even Kingdoms of Amalur while on the couch. I know Keyrock has a steam controller. Would you recommend that to replace a Xbox 360 controller at this time? Do you know if you can reconfigure buttons while on steam link? I wasn't sure if you had steam link or just the controller.

I don't have a Steam Link, so I can't confirm whether you can reconfigure the controller through Steam Link, I would hope so.  My Steam Controller has essentially made my 360 Controller obsolete, I love it.  At the same time, it might not be right for everybody.  If you have thick thumbs, I could see the face buttons being so small and close together being an issue.  Also, it requires a bit of time to rewire your brain to get used to it (it took me about a half hour to get kinda comfortable with it and a couple days until using it became second nature).  The amount of customization you have with it is pretty insane, though.

If you have a BestBuy or a GameStop or whatever near you, maybe they have one out on display for you to try out?

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Those with true faith in Sigmar are never truly defeated.

With the Comet's Daughters retiring due to their many wounds, the Rock has send out a new troop of brave women to cleanse Mordheim of the taint of Chaos.

"Disbanding" my old warband meant I kept the inventory, gold, wyrdstone and reputation it had gathered. I recruited new troops at level 0 - hiring high level ones would have been rather expensive. Only my Sister Superior is level 4, as I got her for free from my reputation with the main faction.

We went out on a first excursion but were spotted. A cult of the ruinous powers send out patrols to track us down. Luckily my sisters got a glimpse of a huge Chaos Spawn and other mutated abominations lurking among the ruins. They dashed in the opposite direction, surprising the cultists still setting up their ambush. The Maiden and Augur trampled the cult's leader and rushed his cronies. The fight was over in moments.

One novice stepped onto a trap, the other got grazed by a dagger, while more than half the enemy warband lay sprawled on the cobblestones.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Wasteland 2 crashed AGAIN in the exact same spot, when I was about to make the transition from one map to the next.  Luckily for me this time I'd saved the game a couple of minutes back, so the only back-tracking I had to do was sell off some excess gear to a merchant before leaving town.

Love the game, but man, it does crash more than most games I've played.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Kinda defeats the point of instant rewards if achievement data is sent by pigeon to the cloud for verification before unlocking.

I finished ROTTR yesterday (Return Of The ... Re-reboot Of The ... Rise Of The Tomb Raider) with 100% completion and the two big end-game Achievements are still hung up in Microsoft Azure limbo: "Done: Unlocking!"  Some guy on their forum said he had one pop five months later. 

Also the November UI update to Xbox Live is at best a lateral change. Not better, not worse. Definitely prefer Playstation. 

All Stop. On Screen.

I went through a dream sequence in Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry, because of course I did.  It's as if a memo went out about 5 years ago:

"Dear developer or publisher,

After long deliberations and much discussion it has been decreed that all games must now include at least one dream or hallucination sequence, effective immediately.  Your cooperation is appreciated.

Best regards,

Bartholemew J. Humperdink

Chairman of the Game Homogenization Committee"

• Like 3

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The wife and I just finished Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches. It had a couple of dreadful design errors, such as the fact that you could run across a ton of things but not pick them up. So, you had to remember where they were and, upon stumbling into the right trigger which was not always intuitive in any way, you could go pick them up. It's a nifty idea, but it's a pain in the arse. Still, it has the great ghost story thing the wife luuuurves and was set in Wales, whose culture, history, and setting I have always admired tremendously. So it wasn't a complete bust. one way or the other, we enjoyed a game that was literally in the under $10 bargain basement bin when we picked it up some years ago. From watching that Obsidian twitchtv thing, I've considered buying SOMA for us to play together. She doesn't like twitch, but she does like mysteries and ghost stories.

Also, as an interesting aside, they thanked this company called Obsidiandream in the credits. I thought that was funny. Not related to Obsidian entertainment, but still funny to see it.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Board Game: Super Dungeon Explore Forgotten King

I got friends who are really into Super Dungeon Explore. Only played a couple of times myself. Fought that vampire and won, fought the dragon and lost. How is the King?

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Board Game: Super Dungeon Explore Forgotten King

I got friends who are really into Super Dungeon Explore. Only played a couple of times myself. Fought that vampire and won, fought the dragon and lost. How is the King?

He is a very, very cool Villain. His mechanics are pretty neat. Painting him... is a different matter...

I am trying to convince my friend to paint hi minis :)

May have to give the game another spin if I manage to visit them next month.

Unless I bring Blood Bowl Team Manager or Smash Up along. Can't resist those :)

Dirty Bomb, for whatever reason. I bloody hate online shooters, but I strangely enjoy Dirty Bomb. It's not pay to win, shotguns are meaty, you can get the top score simply by being good at doing what your class is supposed to do as opposed to having a good K/D ratio. And jumping around like a lunatic is a valid tactic with talents supporting it. I might even play it for more than 5 hours!

Blood Bowl (Legendary Edition). Feels like a fun little timeburner, though getting the hang of the rules and the best tactics seems to take its sweet time.

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Question for people that have played Company of Heroes 2:  Is the game worth getting for the single player campaign alone?

The reason I ask is that it's on sale.  I don't usually play RTSs, as I'm flat out terrible at them, but I've heard the CoH games are quite good.  I have no interest in multiplayer because I'm awful and will just get massacred (also, no need for others to witness the shame of how awful I am at RTSs), but if the campaign is good then I figure I can just set the game on easy difficulty (assuming it has one) and play that.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Played some more ICY.

One of the Family died. Not sure if there is a way to get through the quest without casualties. Will have to try. But it may just be the writer saying "Told you the world is deadly - you can't save everyone - deal with it".

Also had a few scavenging runs not go as well as I hoped. Buildings are in such dire state of repair. Should call them death traps instead. Then did what probably qualifies as a boss battle. Now I am down to only a handful of medical supplies. Will need to find traders to get more. I have food and ammo to spare.

Question for people that have played Company of Heroes 2:  Is the game worth getting for the single player campaign alone?

The reason I ask is that it's on sale.  I don't usually play RTSs, as I'm flat out terrible at them, but I've heard the CoH games are quite good.  I have no interest in multiplayer because I'm awful and will just get massacred (also, no need for others to witness the shame of how awful I am at RTSs), but if the campaign is good then I figure I can just set the game on easy difficulty (assuming it has one) and play that.

I found the Ardennes Assault expansion campaign more exciting than the campaign of the base game, but that may have had something to do with me playing a lot of multiplayer which that campaign owes more to (and even on normal can be a kick in the ass if you're not already well-versed on the American faction). The campaign of the stock game was a more directed experience you can play at your own pace more often than not and has its moments (such as trying to take down a Tiger I with only PTRS rifles and creative employment of smoke grenades and demolition charges).

• Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Warcraft (always)

Starcraft II

Sid Meiers Trains

Fallout 4

CoD Blops 3

League of Legends

Vermintide.

And an enormous amount of work.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I found the Ardennes Assault expansion campaign more exciting than the campaign of the base game, but that may have had something to do with me playing a lot of multiplayer which that campaign owes more to (and even on normal can be a kick in the ass if you're not already well-versed on the American faction). The campaign of the stock game was a more directed experience you can play at your own pace more often than not and has its moments (such as trying to take down a Tiger I with only PTRS rifles and creative employment of smoke grenades and demolition charges).

Thanks.  Adrennes Assault is not available on my OS at this time, so it's not an option.  At less than $10, getting the base game isn't much of a risk, so I may just do it.

On the pirate front, I have now fully upgraded my Man o War.  I am now sailing on essentially a floating fortress.  My ship is so powerful it's ridiculous, I'm nearly unsinkable, I'd have to go afk for a couple minutes during a battle.  The firepower of The Serpent is staggering.  I fought a battle against a galleon and a frigate and it was over in less than a minute.  Also, all the speed and maneuverability upgrades I've invested in have made the ship cartoonishly agile.  Under no circumstance should a ship of this size be able to turn 180° in under 10 seconds, and yet it can.  Basically, anyone that gets into a sea battle with me is ****ed.  You can't sink me, you can't stand up to my firepower, you can't run from me, and you can't outmaneuver me.  Hopefully they have some epic ships for me to face for some kind of challenge, or at least throw like a dozen frigates at me at the same time.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸