European Refugee Crisis

BruceVC

Maybe meditation is a hapiness for someone but not for you. Maybe praying and doing good things is happiness to some others and not you. Maybe going to concert is happiness to anyone other than you...

And does someone restricting these activities in west? Didnt heard about it

Edited by Chilloutman

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

But do Japanese now wearing kimono always? J-Rock is Japanese ROCK...rock is from the west, they learn to rock and making their own rock and it sound Japanese, not western...western now enjoying J-Rock

So west people watching anime and japan people are playing in rock bands. Doesnt that just prove my point?

No, you enjoy J-Rock, but you don't make something new, and now your music industry is ****...you make Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber...no one want to enjoy western music now.

In other way eastern people learn from you and making something new, and this something new mix with our own identity even your people enjoyed...

This is Malaysian band, just hear the music and you will hear something familiar to you but different...

Edited by Qistina

No, you enjoy J-Rock, but you don't make something new, and now your music industry is ****...you make Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber...no one want to enjoy western music now.

In other way eastern people learn from you and making something new, and this something new mix with our own identity even your people enjoyed...

This is Malaysian band, just hear the music and you will hear something familiar to you but different...

Oh Cmon, as I already stated, USA are not whole west - period.

again, you still didnt responded to my claim. Western culture accepted/assimiliated anime (eastern culture). You stated that west doesn't include eastern clture. Can you see that contradiction?

Edited by Chilloutman

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

No I never asked you that, I asked you do you think the Citizens of the East are happier than the citizens of the West ?

Because what I'm saying is the West offers its citizens a very good equal quality of life ...and that freedom is one of the reasons for the success of the West 

Really...?????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05IyDp0R5gk

Yes so you must understand in South Africa in these radio debates I hear people saying the same thing as you..they will say something like  " The USA has huge social problems ...look at the racism in the police force and how African Americans are victimized " ....and I say " yes, there are issues of police brutality but no one said the USA was perfect ....like all countries there are things that need to be improved " but why would anyone think any country is perfect? My point is the West offers it citizens the best quality of life....the West doesnt offer perfection ...that doesn't exist anywhere 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Wait, we are waging war with rock bands now??  Awesome!!  I defeat you all with PIRATE METAL!!! FROM SCOTLAND!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPb6nG1E4P0

• Like 1

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Americans made Avatar: The Last Airbender, which is a better anime than most authentic Japanese anime.

Now that's ****posting!

troll/10

• Like 2

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

If i have no internet then you can come to me and bull**** me with your utopia about the west...do you forget that i have internet, i can see dark side of the west as well as you can see dark side of my country and any eastern countries.

Your question is subjective. Happiness is subjective. Maybe drinking, clubbing, gambling is happiness for you, but not to others. Maybe meditation is a hapiness for someone but not for you. Maybe praying and doing good things is happiness to some others and not you. Maybe going to concert is happiness to anyone other than you...

How come you ask me if eastern people are HAPPY or not HAPPY

Are western people HAPPY? Can i ask you this and believe your answer?

So once agian you are misunderstanding me and you are getting defensive and making assumptions about what I am saying

But I don't mind, I am use to people misunderstanding me...people on this forum often misunderstand me...its okay :)

If you think I am asking a strange question then just ask me to clarify, I am not trying to catch you out and trick you 

The question I asked is actually a simple one but very important for measuring the how successful any government is 

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/03/20/international-happiness-day-happiest-countries/25073055/

http://themysteriousworld.com/10-happiest-countries-in-the-world/

You see the when we talk about successful governments it shouldn't be about economic wealth or military strength 

It should be about something much more important " are the citizens of your country happy " 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Wait, we are waging war with rock bands now??  Awesome!!  I defeat you all with PIRATE METAL!!! FROM SCOTLAND!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPb6nG1E4P0

Its some freaky speedmetal xD. I much more prefer irish punk :)

Because we are the best country in the world and Malaysia wants to be the same as the US. Like you said, that's why you are absorbing so much of our culture, to try to be great like us.

US dollar is declining, because of that Malaysian Ringgit is also declining...China is rising now...everyone focus on China now...

Theres no reason to be embarrassed about your Western tastes, embrace them. The West is the Best. :yes:

• Like 1

btw if someone is interested in Czech culture here i got for you clip which represent it nicely :)

Regarding western culture rejecting asian culture: I'm an awful cook but literally everyone who knows anything about cooking in the Netherlands knows how to make satay ayam, beef rendang, nasi goreng, roti and a bunch of other dishes. I meditate. I do a westernized form of yoga mixed with Cardio exercises. We assimilated and took the best parts of Eastern culture so long ago. Western rock bands have been using asian themes since before I was even born. Even Led Zeppelin is chockful of asian influences. Western music took asian music, repackaged it, and sold it back to asians which is why they can't even tell the difference anymore.

• Like 1

Regarding western culture rejecting asian culture: I'm an awful cook but literally everyone who knows anything about cooking in the Netherlands knows how to make satay ayam, beef rendang, nasi goreng, roti and a bunch of other dishes. I meditate. I do a westernized form of yoga mixed with Cardio exercises. We assimilated and took the best parts of Eastern culture so long ago. Western rock bands have been using asian themes since before I was even born. Even Led Zeppelin is chockful of asian influences. Western music took asian music, repackaged it, and sold it back to asians which is why they can't even tell the difference anymore.

But Eastern culture never being intergrated into the west fully, not like living with it universally, like i mentioned maybe some of you did, but not all. While in the east, everyone wear T-Shirt, everyone hear western music, everyone watch Hollywood movie, everyone play Bethesda and Bioware games...

You don't create something new out of what you learn from the east, because you are conservative, you maybe know how to make satay, but you only make satay and not make satay burger or something. But Malaysians do make "nasi goreng USA" that is originally  fried rice with beef steak and black pepper sauce but it can be in any style, Malay style, Chinese style, Indian style, contemporary styles, "don't know how to describe style", whatever style and still known as "Nasi Goreng USA"...

nasi+gorng+usa.jpg

You see what i mean? Asians are more open to new culture and we modify them into new one, but you western never change. Your rock and metal still sound the same, no matter if it's celtic metal or death metal, it is still celtic metal and death metal...nothing new. But we Asians change rock into our own version of rock where you hear it is sound familiar to you but alien

To be able to change and to accept changes, improvision, creativity, is the sign of rising...being stagnant, conservative, refuse to change and refuse to accept new things is the sign of downfall...

Edited by Qistina

Because we are the best country in the world and Malaysia wants to be the same as the US. Like you said, that's why you are absorbing so much of our culture, to try to be great like us.

US dollar is declining, because of that Malaysian Ringgit is also declining...China is rising now...everyone focus on China now...

Theres no reason to be embarrassed about your Western tastes, embrace them. The West is the Best. :yes:

:lol:

You see this is correct but we don't like to say this in public because its seen as hubris 

John Milton 

Again, that's simply not true. If you go to a Chinese restaurant in the Netherlands and order Chinese dishes you get wildly different things than you would in China because they've changed over time. You only think that's true because all you know about the west comes from TV and the Internet.

To be able to change and to accept changes, improvision, creativity, is the sign of rising...being stagnant, conservative, refuse to change and refuse to accept new things is the sign of downfall...

Weve already assimilated the best that the east has to offer and continued our advancements. That's why you are trying so hard to emulate the West, without us you would be wandering and lost, like a ship without a rudder. We are here to show you the proper way so your ship doesn't crash upon the rocky shore. :yes:

Wait, we are waging war with rock bands now??  Awesome!!  I defeat you all with PIRATE METAL!!! FROM SCOTLAND!!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPb6nG1E4P0

Its some freaky speedmetal xD. I much more prefer irish punk :)

The Druids continue to spread their influence.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

It's curious, because Qistina is basically saying, "the East's ability to fully integrate Western culture so that everybody eats hamburgers is proof that Asians are more creative and are rising".

Whereas for the last 30+ years, many Asian societies have criticised such integration as a sign of weakness and cultural imperialism, so that they would be much happier if people ate real Nasi Goreng rather than Americanised, etc. 

Weve already assimilated the best that the east has to offer and continued our advancements. That's why you are trying so hard to emulate the West, without us you would be wandering and lost, like a ship without a rudder. We are here to show you the proper way so your ship doesn't crash upon the rocky shore.  :yes:

I know you're making fun, but that kind of nonsense is probably what makes people like Qistina get their ideas, you know...  :biggrin:

Weve already assimilated the best that the east has to offer and continued our advancements. That's why you are trying so hard to emulate the West, without us you would be wandering and lost, like a ship without a rudder. We are here to show you the proper way so your ship doesn't crash upon the rocky shore. :yes:

Haha, exactly! What is left of eastern culture is what we have allowed them to keep! :lol:

• Like 1

I dont know what to add, you are crying on wrong grave here. Go and make something more awesome than west then your own people will embrace it for sure

Again, that's simply not true. If you go to a Chinese restaurant in the Netherlands and order Chinese dishes you get wildly different things than you would in China because they've changed over time. You only think that's true because all you know about the west comes from TV and the Internet.

So it's Chinese who change, not you...