PLEASE make a Fallout 4 1/2

I never really noticed them either, because most of the time they were in places I didn't wandered to anyway. There are some parts where I thought "man, this wall here now makes no damn sense", but they really don't justify to call the map linear, imo. Being guided by mob difficulty doesn't either (besides it is pretty possible to get to Vegas in early game without doing a circle to the east first).

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Arguably you could make a retro-continuity case that Fallout 4 (and 3 by extension) is right; that Myron was lying when he said he created Jet in Fallout 2 (which wouldn't be that hard to explain since making that claim put him in good with the Mordino family and he got prostitutes due to his creation)

To explain it, all you'd need to do is argue that Myron had basically "rediscovered" the drug from Pre-War days since ultimately the drug, IIRC, comes from Brahmin dung where the Brahmin were decedents of pre-war cattle who'd eaten food grown with an experimental cheap protean to speed up growth. With that background, it'd be relatively easy to argue pre-war science would have spotted the change in cattle biochemestry, studied it and extracted Jet which is the pre-War Jet.  Myron was a genius and could have recognized pre-war information on Jet that led to the rediscovery in modern Brahmin strains.

Not that anyone will care because of the whole "Bethesda Fallout bad, Interplay Fallout good" thing going on!

Huh? why try to fix what bethesda ****ed up instead of ignoring it?

don't remember seeing them anywhere. at least not where it would've mattered. by "mythical" I meant the notion that you couldn't go straight for the Strip from Goodspring

Yeah it is funny. You could easily go to the Strip. Sure it required some sneaking and knowing the map, but you could. You could go anywhere you wanted.

Fallout 4.. I've played PC rpg games since 1994 and never had such a big disappointment. Maybe it's something wrong with me, but I just can't understand how could they totally destroy the atmosphere of Fallout series. Damn, even these retro posters looks so bad..

Fallout New Vegas.. My favorite game, not only as a "game", but as a multi genre story with a convincing illusion of reality, different styles of humor and many cultural references.

When I played FNV ( F1-2 too ) I remembered noir movies, Sergio Leone's Dollars Trilogy, Sci-Fi of 50-60s, Twilight Zone, Norman Rockwell's illustrations, The Stand by Stephen King, even Andrew Wyeth's paintings, many other good old things. And now, when i'm watching True Detective or Fargo TV series - somehow it reminds me of FNV, there are some elusive connections between..

When I started F4.. Well, these vivid "Kodak" colors, probably I can endure it, but.. I was just thinking everytime  - wtf is my char talking about ? Wtf is everybody talking about? They all repeat over and over again that is already clear. With no sense, no humor, no emotions.

P.S. Sorry for my poor English.

• Like 2

Bethesda opened a new studio, we can say goodbye to fallout from Obs.

I wouldn't count us out yet. :)

That new studio could be used for a lot of different things. I'm pretty sure that studio they absorbed helped them develop the mobile app for Fallout 4.

That new studio could be used for a lot of different things. I'm pretty sure that studio they absorbed helped them develop the mobile app for Fallout 4.

Please don't give us false hopes, please...

Please don't give us false hopes, please...

I'm hoping more if not as much as you guys that we get to work on Fallout again!

• Like 3

https://www.change.org/p/obsidian-bethesda-have-obsidian-make-another-fallout-game?recruiter=448687318&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink I know it might not even do the slightest thing, but still.. It is nice to see a lot of people agree with me.

New Vegas was such a quality game IMO and even in its flaws I loved it, but in 4 and 3 the flaws just got to me because the core was so shallow. ​

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

New Vegas was way better than Fallout 3 in literally every way.

The world needs more proper Fallout games.

I made an account here to post about this topic, because I feel so strongly about it.

I beg you Obsidian, please find a way to get Fallout from Bethesda. They are destroying the brand with their moronic streamlining. Bethesda are a bunch of jock losers more used to making Cracker Jack junk sports games than quality role play. They have earned themselves dishonor and do not deserve the Fallout IP.

Help us Obsidian, you're our only hope!

• Like 1

I found New Vegas much more intruiging than Fallout 3, buuuuuuut... neither beats the classic gameplay and exploration. The fixed locations and the "make believe" overworld travel (plus all the random encounters being more memorable and intense).

The newer/modern FO games are riding on a popular "brand" or "franchise", it's the Fallout logo but I feel it's something else.

If Pepsi got Coca Cola logo and can color, but puts Pepsi in the can, doesn't make it Coca Cola.

Edited by Osvir
  • Like 2

I beg you Obsidian, please find a way to get Fallout from Bethesda.

Baring Obsidian becoming a multi-billion dollar company with money to burn and/or Bethesda going bankrupt, that isn't going to happen

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Spin off maybe - and I'd like to see it; I think the main series' sales would have to go down significantly for Bethesda to move the main series to a 3rd party developer though.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Made an account just to post my thoughts on the matter, I honestly feel like Bethesda did a great job with Fallout 4 the world, combat, weapon and armour modding hell even the settlement building are all fantastic IMO. The characters on the other hand felt very bland and boring to me, the companions felt streamlined as well which i did not like at all and of course the RPG element was damn near non existent which is absolutely my biggest problem with FO4. Here's hoping the stars align and Obsidian makes another Fallout.

• Like 2

everyone complains about F4 AFTER you give your money to Bethe$da (sorry to all pirates :)).... you will never learn..

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

PLEASE make Fallout 4 1/2

Please don't. If you ever get a chance to make another Fallout, what ever it is you decide don't make something that would warrant a "Fallout 4½" moniker.

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

everyone complains about F4 AFTER you give your money to Bethe$da (sorry to all pirates original.gif).... you will never learn..

Even with my problems with FO4, I thought it worth the money I paid for it.

Edited by Amentep