RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Blarghagh

I didn't know graphics of lego games are looking that good now. Are the other lego games the same? (never checked them out)

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Ef origin, there is even my beloved tiberian sun for free and I still refuse to install that into my PC :(

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Can't you download Tiberian Sun + Addons without Origin? I remember all the games were released for free a longer time ago. I've downloaded them all back then.

PS: I find it impressive how good Tiberian Sun is still today. From all the C&C games, it's probably the one I'd play the most. Back when it was released I felt kinda bummed, but if I play it now... Maybe that's because back in the years I wanted it to be more like Red Alert.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I can't really play Tiberian Sun these days, only Red Alert 2 if anything. And yes Tiberian Sun has been free for years. They released original disk isos so now there's even online versions of these games to play.

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Personally I never liked Red Alert 2. Didn't liked the setting, didn't liked all the lolz and didn't liked the bonbon graphics.

I didn't know graphics of lego games are looking that good now. Are the other lego games the same? (never checked them out)

They've gotten pretty good.  I don't really play them, instead I watch my 5-year old play them and jump in when he needs help.  Batman 3 was pretty awesome, really.

Well the screenshots in that linked article all look pretty bad.

Well, it's in alpha, if you look at the chainsword in one picture, it isn't even colored yet. On video the maps looked great from a graphical standpoint though. The models, not so much.

'NBA 2K' Videogame Maker Sued for Copyright Infringement Over LeBron James' Tattoos

"In a demand letter to Take-Two before the lawsuit was filed, an attorney for the plaintiff took the $22,500 award to Escobedo, and using information about NBA 2K16 sales, calculated that the value for the eight tattoos should be $572,000. But there was also the matter that two of LeBron James tattoos were featured on the cover of the videogame. According to the letter, "Given that those two tattoos are 'the face' of the 2014 game, their marketing and promotion value is, conservatively, at least four times the value of the rest of the tattoos."

Thus, the claimed value of using all of the tattoo designs in question allegedly equals $819,500. That tattoo design company offered a perpetual license for a fee of $1,144,000."

'NBA 2K' Videogame Maker Sued for Copyright Infringement Over LeBron James' Tattoos

"In a demand letter to Take-Two before the lawsuit was filed, an attorney for the plaintiff took the $22,500 award to Escobedo, and using information about NBA 2K16 sales, calculated that the value for the eight tattoos should be $572,000. But there was also the matter that two of LeBron James tattoos were featured on the cover of the videogame. According to the letter, "Given that those two tattoos are 'the face' of the 2014 game, their marketing and promotion value is, conservatively, at least four times the value of the rest of the tattoos."

Thus, the claimed value of using all of the tattoo designs in question allegedly equals $819,500. That tattoo design company offered a perpetual license for a fee of $1,144,000."

Wait, are there copyrights on tattoos?  When you get a tattoo (I don't have any so I wouldn't know) does the tattoo artist retain the rights to that tattoo or does the person getting tattooed have the rights?  LeBron is a basketball player, he plays in a a tank top, he's going to have tattoos visible all the time.

DF2DFhS.gif

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I have nothing against MP only games but I also have no interest in them. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed that some games I was initially interested in ended up being MP only (I'm looking at you cancelled Bioware modern fantasy/horror game whose name escapes me at the moment)

Remember the good old days when you would have a single player game with seperate multiplayer functionality and server browsers because that was expected. Now it's predominantly either one thing or the other, or wedging multiplayer into single player in an aggrevatingly bad fit. 

tumblr_m244v4tM1V1qc8b1uo1_500.jpg

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

That will be a fun lawsuit.  Maybe people will stop getting tattoos if they realize that means the artist now owns that section of your body.   :dancing:  

I see a problem with that but not a new one. Say it's just a random doodle that anyone could do in parallel with no intent to imitate, I'm thinking of Tyson's face tatoo, So I guess they would be like company logos, a twist or two in some of the letters and you have something trademarkable. I mean the Nike logo is just a doodle thicker in the middle, apparenly that's all it takes. 

Maybe this is why so many people have a random assortment of enspiring quotes written on them like the movie momento. I mean  If they were that profound surely you would be able to remember.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

In case you haven't heard yet, the real life "town" Nipton, that was the inspiration for the same location in Fallout: New Vegas (and got razed by the Legion in the game), is up for sale.

Edited by Lexx

Remember the good old days when you would have a single player game with seperate multiplayer functionality and server browsers because that was expected. Now it's predominantly either one thing or the other, or wedging multiplayer into single player in an aggrevatingly bad fit.

To be fair, when I'm purchasing a primarily singleplayer game, I wish no resources were wasted on tacked-on multiplayer and vice versa. (I sort of miss bots tho) Rise of the Tomb Raider just showed us what happens when you take an entire team which was dedicated to MP from previous game, drop MP, and have them do content for SP (what happened are optional challenge tombs, which as far as I'm concerned are the best part of already excellent game.)

Some MP functionalities in a SP game can potentially be cool, like drop-in co-op, but I wish the silly scoreboards and stuff which only point is to tie your SP progress with an online account would just go away once and for all.

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 1

Logic Artists have released their first newsletter for their upcoming Expeditions: Vikings game, follow up to Expeditions: Conquistador and it looks like the chaps are really looking to build on their achievements in that excellent game.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

That will be a fun lawsuit.  Maybe people will stop getting tattoos if they realize that means the artist now owns that section of your body.   :dancing:  

I see a problem with that but not a new one. Say it's just a random doodle that anyone could do in parallel with no intent to imitate, I'm thinking of Tyson's face tatoo, So I guess they would be like company logos, a twist or two in some of the letters and you have something trademarkable. I mean the Nike logo is just a doodle thicker in the middle, apparenly that's all it takes. 

Maybe this is why so many people have a random assortment of enspiring quotes written on them like the movie momento. I mean  If they were that profound surely you would be able to remember.

That Mike Tyson tattoo was the subject of a lawsuit with respect to THE HANGOVER PART II

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/warner-bros-settles-hangover-ii-203377

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Well, the Tyson one has a bit more merit, given that the tattoo is actually part of the story.  Tyson has been in other movies, did the artist sue all those other films as well?  Probably not.  

The tattoos do not add anything to the game.  Lebron is all over print media, movies, and commercials, I am pretty sure they are not all paying the tattooist if his skin is visible.