What you did today

Blarghagh

I'm getting old. It's just starting to sink in. Yesterday I spent the whole day cutting and hauling firewood. One of the guys at the VFW owns three lots that are being cleared, He told me I could have as much of the cut trees as I wanted to haul. So the dogs and I spent the day cutting and hauling six truck loads of oak, ash, & sweet gum and a half dozen good knots of slash pine for kindling. I've got a drying shed but it's not near big enough to hold all that so I was going to build another one today. A bigger one. The only problem is I'm so sore I can't move. I'm pretty physically fit but it's becoming clear to me I'm not what I used to be.

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'm getting old. It's just starting to sink in. Yesterday I spent the whole day cutting and hauling firewood. One of the guys at the VFW owns three lots that are being cleared, He told me I could have as much of the cut trees as I wanted to haul. So the dogs and I spent the day cutting and hauling six truck loads of oak, ash, & sweet gum and a half dozen good knots of slash pine for kindling. I've got a drying shed but it's not near big enough to hold all that so I was going to build another one today. A bigger one. The only problem is I'm so sore I can't move. I'm pretty physically fit but it's becoming clear to me I'm not what I used to be.

I don't know dude but that to me is more your body saying " why would you put yourself through this type of physical labour "...this is your body being prudent when your mind is being unreasonable 

Pay someone to do it seriously. I could never conceive of actually doing that much physical work..I'm sure it would be illegal in South Africa 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

My son seems to hate financial security/himself. He turned the fridge off. We didn't find out till this morning. Went grocery shopping last night. My dad paid for it and got us extra so we would be extra stocked up and so we would have money for his birthday. Now everything in the fridge needs to be thrown out and the money for his birthday needs to be spent on groceries.

Edited by Oerwinde
  • Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

My son seems to hate financial security/himself. He turned the fridge off. We didn't find out till this morning. Went grocery shopping last night. My dad paid for it and got us extra so we would be extra stocked up and so we would have money for his birthday. Now everything in the fridge needs to be thrown out and the money for his birthday needs to be spent on groceries.

"  son seems to hate financial security/himself"   :lol:  :lol:

That really made me laugh.,.well it should be seen as a positive because now there is NO doubt he is yours  :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

But...who turns off fridges for no reason? :blink:

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Soreness levels approach quicker, with more intensity, and last longer ... it's as if the pain is young but I'm not.  :lol:  >_<

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

As Good As I Once Was

By Toby Keith

She said I've seen you in here before,

I said I've been here a time or two,

She said hello my name is Bobbi Jo

Meet my twin sister Betty Lou

And we're both feeling kinda wild tonight,

You're the only cowboy in this place,

If your up for a rodeo,

I'll put a big Texas smile on your face.

I said girls,

I ain't as good as I once was,

I got a few years on me now,

But there was a time,

Back in my prime,

When I could really lay it down,

If you need some love tonight,

Then I might have just enough,

I ain't as good once was,

But I'm as good once, as I ever was.

I still hang out with my best friend Dave,

I've known him since we were kids at school.

Last night he had a few shots,

Got in a tight spot

Hustling a game of pool,

With a couple of red neck boys,

And one great big fat biker man,

I heard David yell across the room,

Hey Buddy how bout a helping hand.

I said Dave!

I ain't as good as I once was,

My how the years have flown,

But there was a time,

Back in my prime,

When I could really hold my own,

But if you want a fight tonight,

Guess those boys don't look all that tough,

I ain't as good once was,

But I'm as good once, as I ever was.

• Like 2

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

But...who turns off fridges for no reason? :blink:

He turns 4 next week, says he doesn't like cold food.

• Like 1

Devastatorsig.jpg

Yeah, I wondered that, too: I don't think I would've been able to figure out how to turn off a fridge at age 4, or been physically able to even do it even if I did know how. :p

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Some refrigerators will have an on/off switch inside as part of what the owner has to do in the defrosting cycle.

Or leaving the door open like Hurl said.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

My kids are good at leaving the freezer door just slightly afar, so it defrosts everything.  I actually check it every night before I go to bed as part of my routine.

I do that too. So I got one with an alarm.
  • Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

And I too feel old and achey from changing my brakes on Saturday. Aging sucks. :(

Brakes on your car? I'm surprised, I did'nt think anyone did that themselves anymore. I'm the only person in my social circle that actually knows how to do stuff like that, sadly that includes changing a tyre properly... And I don't even have a licence yet.

I've been annoyed at my friends refusal to let me have a look at his car. Every day when we go to work, we head up a steep 11 degree incline and his car nearly stalls and we have to creep up at 30km/h, no to mention how jittery it gets sometimes when he's trying to accelerate. I'm thinking fuel pump/filter, bad spark plugs or bad fuel injectors, but I can't do anything but guess since he trusts his brother in law when he says it'll fix itself. It's been over a month. -.-

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Yeah, I do my own brakes also. Recently, the wife's car got the check engine light. Looked up the code and, yep, it's the ignition module again. I swear, it seems to go out every five years or so. I think it's overheating, so I put better thermal paste on it this time. I know I know, won't make a wee bit o' difference. Penciling in the DIS module replace for... 2020. Can't complain, the car is 24 years old. The new car is only 12.

• Like 1

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Brakes on your car?

Yep! And the beautiful thing is the pads are warrantied for life. So I go buy the new pads, change them out, and bring the used pads back for a full refund. Ive got it down to a science to so it only takes ~10 minutes per tire.

I've been annoyed at my friends refusal to let me have a look at his car. Every day when we go to work, we head up a steep 11 degree incline and his car nearly stalls and we have to creep up at 30km/h, no to mention how jittery it gets sometimes when he's trying to accelerate. I'm thinking fuel pump/filter, bad spark plugs or bad fuel injectors, but I can't do anything but guess since he trusts his brother in law when he says it'll fix itself. It's been over a month. -.-

The filter is the usual culprit. Ive never seen a fuel pump go bad. Maybe dump some system cleaner in his tank when hes not looking the next time he fuels up. :lol:

• Like 1

Yesterday I woke up with terrible lower back ache, could only walk with a hunchback, I felt like crap and could not even sit in my chair for ten minutes.  Today It got even worse. 

The best way to cure back ache is to give it a week rest, taking painkillers, use warm pads and try not to stress it, right?

WRONG! 

Today I said ''screw it'',  dragged myself to my squat rack, put 120 kilograms on the barbell, braced my core and squatted while focusing on absolute perfect form. After the first 5 repetitions my back felt so much better its not even funny. After doing 5 sets of 8 repetitions of squats I continued with 215kg dead lifts and now my back feels like new again, all tight and like freshly greased. 

I'm sure if had gone easy on my back and had given it lots of rest like any sane person would do I would have been in severe pain and disabled for many days.

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Yep! And the beautiful thing is the pads are warrantied for life. So I go buy the new pads, change them out, and bring the used pads back for a full refund. Ive got it down to a science to so it only takes ~10 minutes per tire.

Nice! That's a nice warranty, I'm never going to make enough money to buy a new car so I'll have to pay such things out of pocket - wich in my case also would mean save up for improved calipers and such. I'm impressed by your speed, I usually take 30 or so minutes if not more. :)

The filter is the usual culprit. Ive never seen a fuel pump go bad. Maybe dump some system cleaner in his tank when hes not looking the next time he fuels up. laughing.gif

Yeah, it usually is, but this car has been standing still for the past 8 years and in those cases I've noticed that the pumps sometimes get bad from not being used at all. The filter is probably also full of all the gunk you get from petrol sitting still for extended periods too.

If I'm going to have something stand still for a long time I make certain to run some Alkylate petrol through it beforehand, it does'nt sediment.

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

How do you even turn off a fridge? Mine would have to be wheeled away from the wall and unplugged to turn it off.

And I too feel old and achey from changing my brakes on Saturday. Aging sucks. :(

Has a coldness dial, 0 is off 5 causes ice in liquids and frosts veggies, we keep it on 3, he turns it to 0. This was like the 6th time he's done it but the first we didn't catch it within a couple hours. Took until now to realize that I can pull the dial off.

Used my only sick day of the year today. Slept until noon and subsisted on tea. Wife got home and is acting like its a regular day and keeps asking me to fetch things and do chores while she chills on facebook.

Edited by Oerwinde
  • Like 1

Devastatorsig.jpg

To Shady Sands & ManifestedISO, Happy Birthday my brothers! Semper Fi.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

My mom just came out of surgery and looks to be ok. I celebrated with too much tequila and am in the state where I can't go to sleep besides being pretty ****ed up.

• Like 6

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Nice! That's a nice warranty, I'm never going to make enough money to buy a new car so I'll have to pay such things out of pocket - wich in my case also would mean save up for improved calipers and such. I'm impressed by your speed, I usually take 30 or so minutes if not more. original.gif

No, that's buying the replacement pads from the local auto parts store. I only use the dealership for major troubles.

My mom just came out of surgery and looks to be ok.

HUZZAH!

Breakup with girlfriend today. I'm completely devastated and so is she. Such a weird situation. We still love each other but want completely different things in life to the point where it feels like we're really incompatible. Been a long time "brewing" so it was sort of expected in a way.

Still, this is so weird and sad. Don't know what to do with myself right now. :(

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Still, this is so weird and sad. Don't know what to do with myself right now. sad.png

Well, the new Starcraft game is out, also Fallout 4 is popular. :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra