[2.03] Can't finish Song of the Wild quest

rezaremba

Question

As of 2.03 I cannot finish Song of the Wild.  I gave the guy all three of the required birds and talked him into letting them go, but I don't get the bonus talent and the quest stays in my journal.  The journal does update to show that I've found all three birds.  It worked for a different character on 2.02.

17 answers to this question

Hello rezaremba,

Welcome to the forums! You only get the bonus talent if you let Delem eat all 3 of the birds. Talking him out of it does not grant you this talent. However, the quest not updating and being completed is and issue. Could you please upload a save file before and after you finished the quest and an output log via dropbox?

Thanks a bunch! 

I used to be able to get the ability after talking him out of eating the three birds.  Was this something that was changed in 2.03?  I did not see it in the patch notes.

How does it make sense that the PC would get the ability after watching the birds be eaten as opposed to watching them be freed?  It's not like the PC is eating them himself.

Nevermind, I went back to a save from before I handed in the birds and was able to finish it.  I did get the ability even though I talked him out of eating them.  The only difference was that I turned them all in at once, whereas previously I had turned them in on three different stops to the Oldsong district.  I could've sworn I've turned them in separately before and had it work.

Hey guys,

Sorry to pull this back from the dead but I ran into the same exact issue... In my case, I've given Delem all three birds and attempted to have him eat all 3 but the quest won't end (no experience, nothing, he just asks for more birds) upon having him consume the third and final bird.  As was reported earlier by rezaremba, I opted to return to Delem after each bird was located and did not give him all 3 birds at once.  This apparently is causing some kind of issue...  See my 2 saves and output log(s) on Dropbox at the link below!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v4hco7798nq7kba/AAA0iGBtWLslZIsKfARCUk1La?dl=0

Hello mintyApple,

Welcome to the forums! Do you have an older save that you can use to see if it works correctly like rezaremba did? I have checked your save and noticed that it was not completing. I just checked with my save and I was able to complete the quest after turning in all 3 birds at the same time.

Thanks.

• Like 1

I'm also having the same difficulties. I think it does have to do with handing in all 3 birds at once. Unfortunately, I can no longer complete this task as my main game save is AGES ago... I also primarily only use quick saves. Was hoping to find a way to manipulate code like EEKeeper does for Baldur's Gate to have the task become completed.

I have written up a bug report and added it to our database, so the patch may fix it if it gets fixed in time. However its only affecting your save as I cannot reproduce the bug in a different save. 

You can upload the old save to see if I can complete the quest? 

Thanks!

Aarik, thanks for writing up the report.  I'm sure you'd be able to complete the quest with all 3 birds at the same time (as has been reported by others) but I don't really have time to go fishing through old saves and uploading them here.  Thanks again for your assistance!

I have written up a bug report and added it to our database, so the patch may fix it if it gets fixed in time. However its only affecting your save as I cannot reproduce the bug in a different save. 

You can upload the old save to see if I can complete the quest? 

Thanks!

Aarik, thanks for writing up the report.  I'm sure you'd be able to complete the quest with all 3 birds at the same time (as has been reported by others) but I don't really have time to go fishing through old saves and uploading them here.  Thanks again for your assistance!

Also, on second glance, it sounds a bit like you might not be fully understanding what the problem is.  In my save I DID NOT attempt to return all 3 birds at the same time -- I returned them one at a time after I found them, and did other things in the meantime.  Other quests/achievements may/may not have been completed in between finding each bird (can't remember).

Hi, I got the Cloudsinger and gave it to Delem to eat then went and did some other quests. I later came back and gave him the last remaining two birds, but the quest isn't validated despite the Journal saying that I got the three birds. Any idea on what could have gone wrong ?

I'm also having this issue. I've stopped playing the game for a few months in the hopes that it will get fixed.

I handed in the birds one at a time and convinced the guy not to eat the birds but the quest never completed.

I also stopped playing in hopes of a fix, haha.  Unfortunately, I didn't see anything about it in the new patch logs... :(

Hopefully soon