White Forge Bug.

InsaneClown

Question

Hey PX1player,

It appears the new save you uploaded appears to have the quicksave corruption bug. Durance is naked (unless that is intentional) and I was not able to insert the quest items to ignite the forge. Unfortunately the fix is not retroactive. Hopefully you have an older save you can use.

On the other hand, I loaded up your old save you have posted above and I was able to complete the fight and activate the forge. 

Hi AarikD,

There may be some confusion - I copy/pasted the link to the savegame from the previous page so I'm not sure how come you have 2 saves from me for this issue?

It is also the same savegame link I used which helped you confirm the mechanics bug a while ago, and the save has not changed. So I am at a loss why it would be corrupted now?

In any case, I have loaded an autosave that was made AFTER the bug occured in the forge (party is in a different area now). If you move the party to the foundry, you will notice that there is no possible interaction and the quest items have already been used.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5pqx8rm8hyuy9u0/e2d2ab70196f49d5a02abece575f0330%2015635788%20LongwatchFalls.savegame?dl=0

Thanks for your support

P.S.: If there really was a save from me (and not someone else) where you managed to get it to work, I'd be grateful if you could upload it back for me :)

Edited by PX1player

Good day
(Excuse me 4 my english, i don't speak my mother's tongue)

Also got a problem with White Forge, after final fight with golems and ghosts nothing happens, i cant click anywhere and can't progress in quest.

Got save after fight, can u help me,  cauze i dont want to use consol commands 4 fastrun, it will be block my achievments.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/03975uabhk01jci/8471fcbe71b6487f935b2b48d9e988ab%2017443111%20.savegame?dl=0

Ty 4 ur support!

Hi AarikD,

There may be some confusion - I copy/pasted the link to the savegame from the previous page so I'm not sure how come you have 2 saves from me for this issue?

It is also the same savegame link I used which helped you confirm the mechanics bug a while ago, and the save has not changed. So I am at a loss why it would be corrupted now?

In any case, I have loaded an autosave that was made AFTER the bug occured in the forge (party is in a different area now). If you move the party to the foundry, you will notice that there is no possible interaction and the quest items have already been used.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5pqx8rm8hyuy9u0/e2d2ab70196f49d5a02abece575f0330%2015635788%20LongwatchFalls.savegame?dl=0

Thanks for your support

P.S.: If there really was a save from me (and not someone else) where you managed to get it to work, I'd be grateful if you could upload it back for me :)

My mistake PX1! I loaded up a different players save. I'll check on the one you just linked. 

Good day

(Excuse me 4 my english, i don't speak my mother's tongue)

Also got a problem with White Forge, after final fight with golems and ghosts nothing happens, i cant click anywhere and can't progress in quest.

Got save after fight, can u help me,  cauze i dont want to use consol commands 4 fastrun, it will be block my achievments.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/03975uabhk01jci/8471fcbe71b6487f935b2b48d9e988ab%2017443111%20.savegame?dl=0

Ty 4 ur support!

I loaded up your save, and I got everything to work just fine. Have you updated to v3.00.0967? 

Unfortunately not, hence why I haven't really played PoE much since (demotivated at having played through a second time only to get stuck) and was hoping for WM2 or Patch 3.0 to somehow retroactively solve the issue so I can continue :)

P.S. The "corrupted" save that you loaded earlier (before I uploaded a revised version) I think was my attempt at fixing it by deleting the foundry's .fog and .lvl files inside the .sav archive which reset the level for the most part, but didn't clear already happened conversations, which is why you could pick up quest items but then not interact/insert them

Edited by PX1player

When/If this gets fixed eventually (hoping 3.02!), is there any chance of it being retroactive for those who don't have saves from before the bug hit?

Or at least a trigger in WM2 (since I haven't started that yet) that would somehow fix it after a conversation with anyone (i.e. it checks you beat that encounter or interacted with the dragon head to insert the pieces but didn't talk to the statue yet or have not made a choice on the forge yet and lets you make a choice then or somehow spawns the statue properly)

Hey PX1,

We have fixed your issue and it will be retroactive in the 3.02 patch. Looks like it was just an issue with your save itself, but we added a preemptive measure to prevent this from happening just in case. Though we do not have a date on when 3.02 will be released yet.

Thank you for your support and patience!

• Like 1

NOOOO! I'm getting this bug as well, and cannot continue the quest :( I had the fight, but there was nothing after that. The fight just ended. I tried going to Stalwart and talking to the people there, but no one had anything to say. I came back and I can't do anything in the Forge room. The Forge is active and the Adra pillar is active as well, but I can only click on two Tables (which I already looted): I also got the achivement for activating the Forge.

I have no previous savegames, it's Trial of Iron :(

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e9ofsi4c56pki85/d937b56e34fd4a40ba4139e3dbc785fe%2012879218%20TheFoundry.savegame?dl=0

LE: I have updated to 3.02 beta. After that, I could interact with the Adra Pillar and trigger the dialogue with the dwarven spirits. Yay! Everything looks good now!

Edited by Raz415

I'm having the same issue. Although I do have a small mod installed. I'm replaying the entire level (the only previous save I have) to see if I can get past this issue. Maybe it was because I was shapeshifted at the end of the final battle. I'll update when I'm done. Unfortunately I can't lower the difficulty to get through this any faster since the level has already loaded.

edit: okay same deal with the reload. But I think I figured out the problem. I was trying to interact with the wrong object. I am indeed a noob. I was thinking it was the same object as before, the hole that the flame pours into, but this is a different object, a piece of adra apparently.

I'll leave this post here in case anyone else has a similar problem finding the right object to interact with.

Edited by Masticator
  • Like 1