White Forge Bug.

InsaneClown

Question

Could you attach a saved game that exhibits the issue as well as your output.log file?

QA are going to ask for those.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Well thats okay. I have submitted your files to our programmers. Without having  a save before the fight, I might be difficult to see what went wrong, but we will look into it. 

Are you using any mods? Could you tell me what happened right after the fight? Was there dialogue with the spirits? 

Thank you for your support. 

Well thats okay. I have submitted your files to our programmers. Without having  a save before the fight, I might be difficult to see what went wrong, but we will look into it. 

Are you using any mods? Could you tell me what happened right after the fight? Was there dialogue with the spirits? 

Thank you for your support. 

Clear game, nothing was after the fight, nope only cutscene before.

I had an odd bug with White Forge.

I do not have a save.

Basically I chose to put them into the forge then reloaded it and chose to put them in the cannons.  The refined Durgan Steel option was available as well as the regular one.

As if the value that gets set for opening the refined option got saved over even after a reload.

Same problem, savegame at dropbox AFTER the fact.

Unfortunately I have NO saves from before it happened, so I hope that a future patch to fix this could be retroactive.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uc12kk1ek8rmvge/e2d2ab70-196f-49d5-a02a-bece575f0330%20quicksave.savegame?dl=0

/edit

I tried deleting the .fog and .lvl files of the forge from my savegame and replaying the forge bit, which mostly went alright, except that the forge already "looks" active (lava flowing) and I don't have the option to insert the eyes and plate into the dragon head when interacting with it.

I suppose I could somehow manually fix this if someone could show me how to remove that level's data from the mobileobjects.save file?

Edited by PX1player

Hi, i have a problem with the White Forge activation quest.

I reached the white forge with the two adra pearls and the disk. I put everything in place, activate the forge and win the next fight. Then nothing. No journal update or other indications to progress the quest. I searched for a solution online and in a walkthrough i found that the next step is to talk with the adra pillar that is in the forge room. But i cannot talk to it, there is still the magnifying glass icon on it.

Maybe i do something wrong i do not know.

I uploaded two savegames, one a quick savegame taken before putting the last piece in the forge (the disk in my case) https://www.dropbox.com/s/8b5scvwd0lhfdka/9d57b9d3-1a24-48d0-b987-9c1d191b59a4%20quicksave.savegame?dl=0.

The second is taken after the activation of the forge and the next fight https://www.dropbox.com/s/e5cn1ox0mazfyzy/9d57b9d31a2448d0b9879c1d191b59a4%2022544313%20Lafonderia.savegame?dl=0.

I have the game on steam, patched and not in beta, i play in italian.

My pc specs are:

Windows 10 64bit

Intel Core i5-4670K

Asus R9 280X DC2

8gb Ram

Thanks and sorry for the mistakes, english is not my first language.

Hi, i have a problem with the White Forge activation quest.

I reached the white forge with the two adra pearls and the disk. I put everything in place, activate the forge and win the next fight. Then nothing. No journal update or other indications to progress the quest. I searched for a solution online and in a walkthrough i found that the next step is to talk with the adra pillar that is in the forge room. But i cannot talk to it, there is still the magnifying glass icon on it.

Maybe i do something wrong i do not know.

I uploaded two savegames, one a quick savegame taken before putting the last piece in the forge (the disk in my case) https://www.dropbox.com/s/8b5scvwd0lhfdka/9d57b9d3-1a24-48d0-b987-9c1d191b59a4%20quicksave.savegame?dl=0.

The second is taken after the activation of the forge and the next fight https://www.dropbox.com/s/e5cn1ox0mazfyzy/9d57b9d31a2448d0b9879c1d191b59a4%2022544313%20Lafonderia.savegame?dl=0.

I have the game on steam, patched and not in beta, i play in italian.

My pc specs are:

Windows 10 64bit

Intel Core i5-4670K

Asus R9 280X DC2

8gb Ram

Thanks and sorry for the mistakes, english is not my first language.

Hello Teramage,

I have uploaded both of your save and the first one you uploaded was in Galvino's Workshop and you have completed the battle already. But I was able to active the forge and complete the quest. I was also able to do this with your second save. Reload your fight save and see if you can complete the quest. 

Same issue here.

I started the forge then finished the fight and the achievement popped. The quest log says I need to find a way to use the forge however I cant find anything to interact with.

Bit of a downer I was really enjoying this quest.

Could you please upload a save before the fight and a save showing the issue at hand along with an output log? 

Any update on this issue please?

Without having a save before the issue to see if we can reproduce the issue, it is extremely difficult to see what the problem is and how to fix it. As for your current save, there is nothing we can do. Hopefully someone can upload a before save and then we can try to reproduce the problem. 

Thank you all for your support and patience in this matter. 

I just had this happen. Finished the fight and then nothing happened. The quest didn't progess and I couldnt click on anything. I exited the game, reloaded the quicksave and redid the fight. It worked fine the second time.

eXPGMon.jpg

Quicksave before the fight

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8qq97gjmk55mwwb/2cbfc20e-f046-48e9-b274-b1382c8b4ded%20quicksave.savegame?dl=0

Save after the fight with bugged unusable forge.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/raaicqndfbsgzql/2cbfc20ef04648e9b274b1382c8b4ded%2020405269%20TheFoundry.savegame?dl=0

poe_log_dxdiag.zip

Seems that with my save that experienced this bug and having no saves without the bug (having been overwritten due to area transitioning in/out to see if that would help), I also cannot continue properly into WM2 short of completely restarting the game....

Some sort of console command or force script in WM2 when its finally released to aid in restrospectively allowing the statue to be clickable would be great

Edited by PX1player