Journalism and Bias in the Gaming Industry

Rosbjerg

Still no one dead from this ?

I heard the antis drove a gater to suicide, but I think thats unconfirmed. Only violence so far I believe was a guy was attacked and driven from his apartment when his roommate's friends found out he was a gater.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Ah, the Internet generation :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Still no one dead from this ?

I heard the antis drove a gater to suicide, but I think thats unconfirmed. Only violence so far I believe was a guy was attacked and driven from his apartment when his roommate's friends found out he was a gater.

That guy was a fraud. Can't remember his name, but it turned out he had a history of taking advantage of people who took pity on him.

He was living at his girlfriend and she and her friends kicked him out because he was an emotional leech who refused to get a job.

He then tried to get GG to support him in various ways by making up a story about how he was kicked out for supporting GG. I believe while people were feeling sorry for him he even managed to get Mercedes Carrera to let him bunk by her place for a bit.

Anyhow, the truth eventually came out and everyone basically told him to piss off for being a manipulative cretin.

• Like 2

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/freedom-learn/201509/declining-student-resilience-serious-problem-colleges

No wonder GG was called a terrorist group worse than ISIS. We have whole generation of vermin and maggots among our midst disguised as normal human beings.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/freedom-learn/201509/declining-student-resilience-serious-problem-colleges

No wonder GG was called a terrorist group worse than ISIS. We have whole generation of vermin and maggots among our midst disguised as normal human beings.

Vermin and maggots! :lol:

Young people these days need to learn to fail because the system protects them. Like all problems, this would be fixed by decent education. Sadly that seems to be no priority anywhere.

I was the same until I got the mental help I needed because I missed that crucial part of mental development. I don't know how it works in America, but here the high school system has multiple levels of difficulty. I started on a high level, but I didn't feel like the lessons were engaging, stopped studying entirely, and started failing classes. The school didn't talk to me or my parents about it, they didn't find out what was going wrong or try to fix either me or the lessons. No, the next semester I was just placed in lower level classes, where I could get by without ever studying or doing any work.

It worked perfectly to make sure I never put in any effort, was bored out of my skull and got completely disillusioned with the world. Most of the people I know have similar stories - instead of wanting you to learn, they want you to get good grades, so they lower you to a lower difficulty. People I know who struggled with real trauma weren't helped but just gently lowered to the bottom rank. Education needs to be a higher priority before any of this will get better. Because with the current generation of parents, and the way the system prioritizes standardized testing over learning, this is only going to get worse.

caglecartoons.jpg

CARTOON-SULLIVAN01131.png

f585ea4e20bb2966aa0496c1c3a72825.jpg

Edited by TrueNeutral
  • Like 2

Even stupid people deserve jobs, man.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Sommers demolishes the central claim of the UN cyber-violence report (and the "professional" news outlets who have parroted it without fact-checking):

(PS: It's only 6 minutes, so no excuse not to watch it!)

Edited by Ineth
  • Like 3

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

Sommers demolishes the central claim of the UN cyber-violence report (and the "professional" news outlets who have parroted it without fact-checking):

How is this even possible?

Let’s start with the report’s showcase statistic that “73 percent of women have experienced online violence.” Where is the research to back it up? ... the lead author of the UN report, Nihdi Tandon, had her office send me the source. It was the web site of a small volunteer group called HaltABUSE that helps people cope with online threats and stalking. The group reported that, of the 349 people who sought their help in 2010, 73 percent were women and 27 percent were men. (The women’s percentage was lower for more recent years.)

It's like saying 80% of Obsidian fans are men therefore 80% of all the men in the world are Obsidian fans. I'm once again loss for words.

Edited by kirottu
  • Like 1

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Even stupid people deserve jobs, man.

Yeah, but not nicer jobs than the smart, more capable or hardworking people.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

(PS: It's only 6 minutes, so no excuse not to watch it!)

It's almost as if the UN is completely useless and inept.  That can't be it, if that were true we would have seen evidence of that previously...  :shifty:

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

"Let’s start with the report’s showcase statistic that “73 percent of women have experienced online violence.” Where is the research to back it up? ... the lead author of the UN report, Nihdi Tandon, had her office send me the source. It was the web site of a small volunteer group called HaltABUSE that helps people cope with online threats and stalking. The group reported that, of the 349 people who sought their help in 2010, 73 percent were women and 27 percent were men. (The women’s percentage was lower for more recent years.)"

HOLY HELL.  Their conclusion doesn't even fit what they were plling.

Also, what do theyd efine as 'online' violence.  I bet, knowing them, I have 'experience' 'online violence'. L0L And, I share as hell not gonna seek the help of a clear cut SJW nazi cult's help. LMFAO

INSANE.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Guys does this seem normal

In South Africa black university applicants have to get less on there entry exams to be accepted to University than white applicants

21 years after Apartheid ended I wouldn't think this should apply as to me this is like saying " white people are clever than black people " 

It seems strange to have lower University entry criteria for black South Africans and patronizing ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Don't they do that with Affirmative Action? Been around for years and years. :shrugz:

Yes but thats work quotas ....this is about intelligence ratings. Maybe its just me ...in the USA do some minority groups have  different and easier criteria to enter higher education?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I've always been against Affirmative Action.  it's literally trying to make a right by doing a second wrong.

Yeah, I support it on principle but it hasn't really worked ideally in South Africa 

John Milton 

...in the USA do some minority groups have  different and easier criteria to enter higher education?

Afaik, yes.

Not to mention that there are scholarships and loans based solely on ethnicity.

Discrimination - Apparently perfectly fine so long as the right group of people are being discriminated against.  :ermm:

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

...in the USA do some minority groups have  different and easier criteria to enter higher education?

Afaik, yes.

In some universities, yes - but not all of them. (And I think not even the majority of them.)

The Supreme Court upheld it as legal for universities to do this, but of course not mandatory.

I've always been against Affirmative Action.  it's literally trying to make a right by doing a second wrong.

Sort of. It's complicated though.

It's not meant as some "poetic justice" reversal of harm that was experienced by previous generations, in the current generation.

The idea is, rather, that past injustices still have residual effects on the current generation of minorities, and that these disadvantages experienced today should be counterbalanced with artificial advantages granted today.

Of course there are a host of moral dilemmas to go along with that, most of all the problematic nature of treating (internally diverse) groups of people based on properties which apply to the group on average.

I think everyone can agree that it's not a clean solution. But supporters believe that the social and moral cost is less than the benefit.

Of course, the more the effect of past injustices fades, the less justifiable affirmative action becomes. Is it still justified today? I don't know.

Edited by Ineth

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

Afaik, yes.

Not to mention that there are scholarships and loans based solely on ethnicity.

Discrimination - Apparently perfectly fine so long as the right group of people are being discriminated against.  :ermm:

Some of those loans are by the private sector from people of an ethnicity who want give money to people like them so that they have the same chance they did or better. Still, the people who manage them are a bit stingy.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I'm not really opposed to scholarships based on race, culture, or gender.  They are often offered by heritage groups, and the goal is to break students out of the cycle that is often pervasive in certain cultural groups.  

Loans are typically based on parent income.  You get better loans (and more scholarship choices) when your parents are poor.  That tends to favor minorities due to socio-economic conditions.

But really, we are often talking about very close cases here.  You have a straight-A student from a private school with good test scores and extracurriculars, and you have a straight-A student from the 'hood with the same stuff.  In the past, the private school kid is going to get into college over the one from the ghetto.  So what is the solution here?  It's not really an easy fix.