What are you playing now.

Rosbjerg

Old thread here.

FarCry 4; my OCD is slowing me down, I just have to collect all the useless things in the world before I can progress the story. Final stretches now, liberated 100% of the camps and conquered 100% of the towers, it has been fun but I was hoping for bigger changes compared to the previous installation.

Gaming OCD almost ruined AssCreed: Black Flag for me.  I thoroughly liked that game for about 40 hours, but my desire to collect every one of the useless knickknacks combined with Ubisoft's raging boner for making players climb towers got me heavily burnt out on the game.  I wound up taking a 2-3 week break then powered through the final part.

Well, I am also positive on gaming OCD... That's why I still play the DAMNED!!! Star Ocean 4. It's soon freaking 5 years when I started to play the game, and I still feel deep burn in my soul, that it is not finished until I get the damn Platinum Trophy... Thankfully the hardest and the most time consuming part is already behind me, but the Chaos Difficulty, which still awaits me, is pretty hard as well :-/

Fortune favors the bald.

FIRST!!! :p

Yesterday, I was finally able to continue with my Europa Universalis walkthrough. I have planned to have just a very short session, maybe hour or two, but the AI, choose differently, and I have ended with 8 hours session because I had to fight in 4 different wars in little bit more than 15 years of in-game time O.o

You can find more about it in 11th part of my "Let's play EU" here:

https://sites.google.com/site/mamoulianfh/letsplay/europa-universalis-page6

Thank you for reading :)

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I'm still really into Dead State.  I think I'm about 25 days in and I've got a big group with a fair amount of supplies.  

I'll probably pick up Age of Decadence in a couple weeks when it gets the official release, Iron Tower has impressed me enough.

• Like 2

MGSV.

Weird.  Seems like every time I return to Mother Base now, I see a cutscene play out.  This is a stark contrast to Chapter 1, where I can only recall 3 or 4 total over the course of dozens of missions and tasks.

I also came across a certain character in the Medical wing of MB.  I got no indication that they were there; no journal updates or Ocelot speaking in my ear about it.  I just happened to be running around the different levels of the Medical wing and noticed a door that was accessible.

I'm probably missing out on a bunch of these encounters because I find it tedious running around Mother Base for no reason other than to explore.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm still really into Dead State.  I think I'm about 25 days in and I've got a big group with a fair amount of supplies.  

I'll probably pick up Age of Decadence in a couple weeks when it gets the official release, Iron Tower has impressed me enough.

Though Deadstate really is a DoubleBear game. Iron Tower helped (a lot). So writing wise Dead State is Brian and Annie (DoubleBear), Age of Decadence is Scott (I think).

Age of Decadence is deffinitely worth checking out. Very deep rpg. A LOT of work put into it. Just quite different in writing.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Closed due to length

That's what she said.

Still playing OpenTTD. Thought I would be over my addiction, but apparently I am not. Oh well.

I love doing that railway stuff. Using as many trains as possible on as little rails as possible. Also I am connecting all rails, which can make the whole system pretty complicated (the train ai sometimes annoys the hell out of me), but it's much more fun than the generic "huge station + truckload of rails and no signals" approach that many players are following. :>

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Mad Max, DoW 2, MGSV on occasion that I get to play. Considering getting into a D&D game if I can find one to play with people.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I think these cutscenes in MGSV are all over the place, either because I didn't return to MB enough and missed them when they're supposed to play in the proper place in the story, or because the writers like jumping from one random scene to the next.

For instance, the last two cutscenes I got were:

Snake and Quiet return from a mission, it starts to rain, so she jumps out and strips down to her bra and undies.  She then plays around in the water, then starts a playful water fight with Snake.  But then the next cutscene that plays when I return to MB is Quiet being tortured because she won't talk, with everyone (including Snake) just watching.  Seemed a weird duo of cutscenes to play one after the other.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

That torture cutscene should've happened a lot earlier in the game. I don't think it's supposed to be at that time.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

DoW 2

Tried to play it recently, kept crashing on me, usually on the same spot in specific missions. Also the game features horrible scaling system that renders all kind of progress "useless" because the enemy gains stats at same pace as your heroes do, which was the last drop for me before I quit.

I enjoyed Retribution the most out of the DoW2 games, all the DoW games, for that matter.  While the campaign story wasn't that tight, understandably so, since it needed to be set up so that any faction could be the protagonists, it wound up being lightyears more fun for me than any of the other games because you could play through the campaign as orks (or any other faction) and 40K orks are hilarious.  It was worth playing for the hilarious banter of how much dakka is required to stomp the umies (spoiler: the answer is more dakka, the answer is always more dakka) alone.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Played some MGO yesterday. Just another of the hundreds of half-assed shooters with no map control or flow. Just people spawning in various places on the maps and running towards the enemy. For like 5 minutes at a time. That way you don't have time to get bored by how monotonous it is.

To be fair, cloak and dagger is kind of cool. When the attacking team isn't trying to deathmatch it, anyway.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Is MGO out already? Somehow I can't find anything about it. Maybe I'm stupid, though.

Then again, I don't really want to play it on pc anyway, as I liked the MGSV with gamepad the most, and playin online with gamepad vs. everyone else using keyboard and mouse sucks a lot.

Is MGO out already? Somehow I can't find anything about it. Maybe I'm stupid, though.

Then again, I don't really want to play it on pc anyway, as I liked the MGSV with gamepad the most, and playin online with gamepad vs. everyone else using keyboard and mouse sucks a lot.

It's out for consoles. PC has to wait until January.

That torture cutscene should've happened a lot earlier in the game. I don't think it's supposed to be at that time.

I wonder if certain cutscenes are tied directly to completing certain missions, while other cutscenes are simply dependent on you returning to MB.  In my case, maybe I haven't been returning to MB enough to trigger the "optional" ones, so they play out of sync with the ones that automatically play when returning after finishing a main quest.

No, that's about right for the torture.

It's the rain cutscene you got at an odd time. But that's because it's a special condition scene. 100% bond, returning to motherbase while it's raining, chapter 2.

Ah.  It was just a jarring couple of scenes.  One minute Snake's all playful and friendly, the next he's all menacing and watching the torture take place.  Almost immersion ruining, in how disconnected the two scenes were (in the order they happened for me, that is).

The torture scene was just bizarre any way about it. One second Ocelot's all onboard, the next he's against it knowing that she's doing it to prevent unleashing parasites.

And Miller's the only one who wants to do it, but just for ****s and giggles it seems, because there's nothing for her to know in the first place.

Speaking of immersion breaking, why did they decide to have you re-do the exact same missions from Chapter 1, in Chapter 2?  Did they run out of original content to flesh out Chapter 2?

When you do the missions, not only are they exact replications (except for the "restrictions" added on), but even the post-mission summary/report is exactly the same.

Would have been a better idea to either use these restrictions when you play New Game+, or make them as part of a "hardcore" difficulty.  Just seems to kind of ruin the flow when you're replaying missions that happened already for no apparent reason.  I could understand it for SideOps, but as part of the main mission chain?

Side ops are done in open world. Main missions are done in limited areas. They literally could not be done as side ops without re-engineering how the game operates.

They're also completely optional.

As a new difficulty would have been nice. Chapter 2 felt, to me, like Peacewalker's chasing Zadornov. You're in epilogue territory, just doing random stuff until you get to the extra ending.

Hello fellow Obsidians and Black Isle Diehards

I am attempting to replay Lionheart Legacy of the Crusader.

Need patch 1.1 English, but unable to find a working link on google.  Tried Fileplanet, softpedia, gamepressure, gamershell, angelfire.  No luck.

I'm not looking for the widescreen support patch, just the normal bug fixing patch.

Hope you guys are doing well, both the forum members and the Obsidian company affiliates as well.

Edited by Ross_Witchen

Side ops are done in open world. Main missions are done in limited areas. They literally could not be done as side ops without re-engineering how the game operates.

They're also completely optional.

As a new difficulty would have been nice. Chapter 2 felt, to me, like Peacewalker's chasing Zadornov. You're in epilogue territory, just doing random stuff until you get to the extra ending.

Oh, I didn't mean do those missions as SideOps.  I meant I could understand re-doing SideOps missions, but with different restrictions.  It just doesn't seem to work when re-doing main missions because of how jarring it is for the story.

Did the game run out of time?  Or did they cut a lot of content?  Chapter 2 doesn't seem anywhere as fleshed out or in depth as Chapter 1.  Ironically, however, I've come across way more cutscenes when returning to Mother Base in Chapter 2 than I ever got in Chapter 1.

Maybe you just returned more to Mother Base in chapter 2. That's what I did... before these filler missions I never really felt the need to go back to Mother Base. Didn't even had to use the showers, as snake gets clean again as soon as you change to different clothes.