[v2.02.0749 PX1 -steam] Temple of Eothas spirit memory dialogue bugged

wbc889

Question

8 answers to this question

I would say i have been playing the game for about 5-6 hours now. Noticed i skipped a lower level dungeon so i decided to come back and do it. Got about 5m into the dungeon and i came across a spirit that appears, It says a few things and then vanishes as usual.

The issue i'm having tho, Is when the spirit vanishes the text box will not go away. I cannot click Continue, I have tried loading previous saves and doing it again. This is my first real issue with the game and there's no way around it. Anyone know what might be causing this? Is there a fix for it? Is it a know issue, or is it just me.

http://i.imgur.com/4YXSkGi.png

4YXSkGi.png

Hello wbc889,

I created a new game to see if I could reproduce the problem but I was unable to do so. However, loading your save I saw the error. Try verifying your game cache and see if that fixes your issue. In your steam library, right-click Pillars of Eternity > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache. 

Thank you for your support

This is literally the same thing i just posed about the other day. Same spot, Same NPC. If anyone finds a solution to this issue let me know. i am like 10 hours into the game, i would hate to start over.

Hi Aarik, if I recall the bug happened when my party solved the bells riddle first before clearing that room.

When I reloaded the level and cleared the pool room first before I solved the bells riddle, the error did not occur.

Here's the stuff you asked for,  I have actually included two save files tho. The auto-save is right when i entered the temple in-case you wanted a little time before the error. and the other save is right before the spirit triggered the speech event. So it should error out moments after loading that save.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ca94ij3en409u1y/AACi3dytjFWI5pA7VfN5SJNFa?dl=0

I think these are the correct files tho.