Missing something with St Ydwen's Redeemer?

I have it bound to my paladin.  The next upgrade step is "Be revived during combat 5 times to unlock the next level."  How is this supposed to work?  First thing is, my paladin never GETS knocked out.  Second thing is, if she's knocked out, who's supposed to revive her?

I'm sure I'm horribly confused, so if someone could un-confuse me, I'd really appreciate it....

You've got several options:

a) Revive with another paladin or a priest after being knocked out.

b) Wear an item with second chance and get knocked out.

As for being knocked out, it is trivial to arrange if you don't want to wait for it to happen naturally during play. Just disable the AI script for your paladin and send him alone to stand next to some enemies. They'll knock him out sooner or later.

The Redeemer's ultimate upgrade is the second-easiest one to attain of all the Soulbound weapons (Eder comes with a second chance armour, there's a second chance ring for sale in Defiance Bay, and arranging to get knocked out 5 times only requires you to fight any 5 fights), only the Grey Sleeper's being easier. You'll have your superb Redeemer in no time.

• Like 1

When I said death before dishonour, I meant it alphabetically.

I have my own custom companions, so Eder's armor's not available to me.  I'll see about the ring, don't recall having found it, but it's easy to lose track of bits.  As far as easy - I've already finished the others (except for the rogue's mace, which I haven't got yet because I haven't got into the Battery yet) - they were a lot easier than having to micromanage how my pally gets knocked out and revived.  I'll have to take a look at the AI script on her too - I must have set it up somehow, but don't actually know what it does at this point (not being in game right now....)  What I find is that she'll take a really huge amount of damage to endurance but so far hasn't been knocked out even once....  *shrug*  In fact, the barbarian gets plopped on her rear end fairly frequently - maybe I should have given HER the Redeemer instead....  Thanks for the info!

[Oh - I don't have a priest.... hate the class; and I don't have another pally.  This party is Ranger main, Pally, Barb, Druid, Wizard, Rogue....]

Edited by Oralaina

Even if you hate Priests, you can hire a custom one just for this. Run your pally naked into certain death without the rest of your party, then cast "Revive the fallen." It's a lot quicker if you have 3 castings of that spell available :)

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Even if you hate Priests, you can hire a custom one just for this. Run your pally naked into certain death without the rest of your party, then cast "Revive the fallen." It's a lot quicker if you have 3 castings of that spell available :)

Hmm.  If I "release" one of my custom girls to hire a priest for just this specific thing, will the other one still be available to hire when I want to get rid of the priest?  As you can tell, there's a few things I'm not real sure about in this game as yet.  I can't remember now (way too many years ago) how the custom parties worked in BG 1, but I do seem to remember that you occasionally had to pick up one of the premades because there were specific scripted things you needed one or the other of them for, but I can't now bring to mind what happened with the custom characters....

In POE all party members (custom or premade) can be dismissed and picked back up at will. If you have Caed Nua, just travel to it and bring up the stronghold interface: There will be a button on the left for party management.

Just keep in mind the maximum number of custom companions you can roll per game is 8. So if you planned on rolling more, the Priest could get in the way (but you could pick up Durance for the task.)

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Ah!  Thanks for those nice pieces of information, that's something I was missing for the equation.  That's good, I'll handle that today then.  I'll think about which to do, but it's unlikely that I'll make more toons to use, these are working just fine (though I haven't started the Battery, nor got into having to deal with any of the dragons yet).  I found Durance extremely annoying.... so I may just make a priest.  I can make a male, that way I'll be very happy to get rid of him at the first op!

You're very helpful; I do appreciate it!

• Like 1

I was having Pallegina use it, just took her armor off for a few trash mob battles and had her charge in unsupported, get killed then would revive her with a priest or scrolls.  Scrolls you can get even before your priests are high enough level to cast revive.   I always take Eder's armor and give it to someone else if I'm not using him, it's really good.

I was having problem with the second upgrade on Redeemer because a bunch of my kills weren't counting, but then I took her to the level of Od Nua right after the drake and have her solo a bunch of undead and got it really quick.  Od Nua is great for a lot of kill X enemy type challenges.