Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The White March ending slides

ending slides endings slides The White March

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

rivmusique

rivmusique

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Aramintai

Aramintai

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 413 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:Aramintai
  • Steam:Aramintai
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Ok, I finally got all the nice-nice endings:

Spoiler

I've already written how to get tempered Abydon ending slides on the previous page, so combined with what I did there, for the Stalwart fluffy ending I also did this:

• starting from White March part 1 I made sure that all the villagers survived (like two in the cave of the cursed shapeshifted druid + the druid himelf; one who fell into a ravine near Durgan's Battery; made sure fishery owner still owns it, etc.). You can kill Harmke though, his death didn't affect anything. This part is important because I've seen a bad slide where Stalwart villagers abandon their ambitions about White Forge entirely because they'd suffered too many deaths.
  • KILLED the Iron Flail, yes, it is a must - they were the troublemakers.
  • During the quest Risk Tolerance I made sure that fishery still operates, the mines are patrolled by Stalwart militia and the White Forge will be used by Crucible Knights' blacksmiths who will share their knowledge.
  • made sure I got rid Stalwart of all active criminal elements, like that drug dealer, for example.
  • was as diplomatic as I could be, trying to tell everyone they should work together

So there you go - best ending slides. Actually the rest of them from the original game were also so disgustingly nice that now I'm really looking forward to that new Tyranny game where you can play as a bad guy  :devil:

Edited by Aramintai, 16 March 2016 - 01:55 PM.

• Dr <3 likes this

rivmusique

rivmusique

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Are you sure that this: 

"I'm now thinking that Stalwart/Readceran situation is based on how you handle Abydon: Preserve > They don't get on and white forge work continues, Tempered > work continues in the White Forge and Readcerans are welcome, Send Eyeless to Wheel > White forge work stops and Readcerans are welcome at Stalwart."

is not the case? Meaning, have you finished the game and gotten a combination that's different from the above?

And, as with a lot of the PoE content, I'm not sure that it's a matter of "best". There are reasons a character would prefer others. It definitely is the most peaceful/prosperous ending for the Dyrwood though. 

Edited by rivmusique, 16 March 2016 - 02:58 PM.

Aramintai

Aramintai

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 413 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:Aramintai
  • Steam:Aramintai
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Are you sure that this: 

"I'm now thinking that Stalwart/Readceran situation is based on how you handle Abydon: Preserve > They don't get on and white forge work continues, Tempered > work continues in the White Forge and Readcerans are welcome, Send Eyeless to Wheel > White forge work stops and Readcerans are welcome at Stalwart."

is not the case? Meaning, have you finished the game and gotten a combination that's different from the above?

And, as with a lot of the PoE content, I'm not sure that it's a matter of "best". There are reasons a character would prefer others. It definitely is the most peaceful/prosperous ending for the Dyrwood though. 

I'm pretty sure this is not how these endings are connected. If you spare the Iron Flail you will never get a peaceful ending, I tried that. But perhaps they are connected somehow, I've seen another entry in the files where Stalwart stops working on the Forge but prospers as a traditional hunting town. So maybe if you save enough citizens, kill the Iron Flail and banish the Eyeless that's how you get it.

But, personally, I already found my best endings, so I'm not gonna play through all that again just to test it.

InsaneCommander

InsaneCommander

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Ok, I've managed to convince the Eyeless to temper Abydon:

Examples of what sways them towards this compromise are:

• tell them about the dangers of animancy (if  the quest The Hermit of Hadret House was already completed it only works if the duc ruled in disfavor of animancy)
  • bring Aloth to tell them about the Leaden Key machinations (here I encountered a bug - Aloth spilled the beans that he's a Leaden Key member even though I still didn't complete The Hermit of Hadret House quest, still needed to go to the hearings)
  • tell them that the White Forge is too powerful for mortal hands (must free the souls in WM part 1 for this to work)
  • bring Pallegina to tell about the Vailian Republics plot to undermine Dyrwood
  • bring Devil of Caroc to tell about how bad history shaped her life
  • bring Zahua and/or Maneha to tell how history brought misery upon them (only works if you convinced them to forget about their past, but for Maneha I've encountered another bug - if you don't allow her to dive into the Salt Well her dialogue with the Eyeless still plays out as if she did )

Aramintai, in this playthrough that you convinced them to reforge Abbydon, did you finish the Crucible Knight's first quest, "Built to Last"? I want to do it to have access to Dunstan's shop, but if that prevents this ending, I won't do it.

On my last playthrough I did the quest and the Eyeless mentioned it as an argument against me.

MrGrim

MrGrim

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts

Are you sure that this: 

I'm pretty sure this is not how these endings are connected. If you spare the Iron Flail you will never get a peaceful ending, I tried that. But perhaps they are connected somehow, I've seen another entry in the files where Stalwart stops working on the Forge but prospers as a traditional hunting town. So maybe if you save enough citizens, kill the Iron Flail and banish the Eyeless that's how you get it.

But, personally, I already found my best endings, so I'm not gonna play through all that again just to test it.

Old topic i know. but i feel like i should post this because this pretty much was the only proper google search result when i was looking how to get the best white march ending

You're wrong about needing to kill the iron flail to get a good ending. i spared them (even after murdering their whole camp first) and after forging the hammer i told the stalwart guy to shut up and let them help. or to be exact ("you did not just tell me what to do" XD) which got me the aid of the iron flail. in the ending sliders they seemed to get along great. stalwart realising they didn't have the skill to do it all on their own welcomes both dyrwood and readceras. I also told that one npc that crucible knights should HELP and INSTRUCT at the forge but not take over completelly.

613 The Evil

613 The Evil

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 64 posts

Are you sure that this: 

Old topic i know. but i feel like i should post this because this pretty much was the only proper google search result when i was looking how to get the best white march ending

You're wrong about needing to kill the iron flail to get a good ending. i spared them (even after murdering their whole camp first) and after forging the hammer i told the stalwart guy to shut up and let them help. or to be exact ("you did not just tell me what to do" XD) which got me the aid of the iron flail. in the ending sliders they seemed to get along great. stalwart realising they didn't have the skill to do it all on their own welcomes both dyrwood and readceras. I also told that one npc that crucible knights should HELP and INSTRUCT at the forge but not take over completelly.

Any more specific information about that? Can we see your ending sliders? :D

Messier-31

Messier-31

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1874 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

http://pillarsofeter...bydon_.5BWM2.5D

613 The Evil

613 The Evil

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 64 posts

http://pillarsofeter...bydon_.5BWM2.5D

I was more interested in how does your decision to either end the Iron Flail or let them help you affects the ending slides, I think the wiki doesn't provide this information...

Messier-31

Messier-31

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1874 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I was more interested in how does your decision to either end the Iron Flail or let them help you affects the ending slides, I think the wiki doesn't provide this information...

I'm afraid that the Iron Flail might not be crucial here, and only your decision regarding Abydon and the Eyless is considered for the ending.

Sparing the life of Adaryc from the Iron Flail probably just gives you the opportinity to get some help from him in the Caryon Scar and in the battle of Yenwood Field.

Not 100% sure, tho.

JohnSmith921030

JohnSmith921030

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 4 posts

I'm afraid that the Iron Flail might not be crucial here, and only your decision regarding Abydon and the Eyless is considered for the ending.

Sparing the life of Adaryc from the Iron Flail probably just gives you the opportinity to get some help from him in the Caryon Scar and in the battle of Yenwood Field.

Not 100% sure, tho.

Can anyone confirm this?

I guess the biggest issue for me is if the tensions between Dyrwood and Raedceras have to happen when Abydon is renewed. If that didn't happen, I would be alright with just restoring Abydon completely. Tensions because of the ruins, which will happen if you don't temper Abydon, don't bother me that much and Dyrwood is presumably better off in the Tempered and Restored endings both (one ending mentions handycraft and the other architecture and roads, but really, I don't see how Dyrwood with Restored or Tempered Abydon wouldn't get both either way).

Also, what about Aloth and Ondra arguments? Specifically if you persuaded Aloth to go against the Leaden Key and if he is also pushed to be against authority (being against authority allegedly prevents an option to win the argument by mentioning panic during duc's assasination).

And *can* mentioning Ondra even win an argument at all? If so, how? By choosing to rise the tide?

IamNOOB

IamNOOB

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 133 posts

ZAHUA has a great personal quest and when I completed it I got a nice text in the end, that seemed cooler than I expected.

613 The Evil

613 The Evil

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 64 posts

So, any Maneha ending slides? I haven't seen them anywhere. I chose to convince her keep her memory, will that result un a "good" ending slide? I suppose so. We will see.

613 The Evil

613 The Evil

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 64 posts

Great, I can't temper the stupid Eyeless also, time to nitpick... Ugh. :disguise:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ending slides, endings, slides, The White March

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users