Ranger is heavily bugged

Kefky

Question

First, Vicious Companion and Predator's Sense are affecting the Ranger instead of the pet in 2.0.

Second, Resilient Companion said it gave +3 Damage Reduction when I took it at level 4, then it said +4 in the character screen. When I saved and loaded, it said +3 again. I'm not sure if the actual effect changed. It had 9 DR at level 3 and 14 DR at level 4 + Resilient Companion.

Third, I'm not sure if this is a bug, but before 2.0 I would get a class skill every 3-4 levels (can't remember) that increased the pet's abilities. This is no longer the case.

Fourth, the Stalker's Torc extra damage remains under "active effects" even when unequipped. It does disappear from Stalker's Link's description, and I'm not sure if the effect remains. Also, the effect under "active effects" keeps increasing when I level up (up to +140% extra damage at level 14), though it doesn't increase in Stalker's Link's description when equipped. This doesn't happen every time, I'm not sure what the trigger is. Edit: It seems to be leveling up with the Torc equipped.

I attached a save. If you go south and fight some guls, you can check that my character has 3 DR bypass and +15% damage from Vicious Companion and 50% attack increase to enemies suffering damage over time. I don't have Stalker's Link in this save, but I do have the Torc, so you can add experience with the console to check it out.

ac3a9032508f479db8b851d24624bf32 10128579 AnslgsCompass.zip

Edited by Kefky

24 answers to this question

Just to chime in, I just discovered that Merciless Companion is also affecting the *ranger* not the *pet*. It seems all sorts of ranger stuff is just broken and misapplied.

HEre's my dropbox link with a save to test it out:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lp3qeligf5h41sx/AACUe7DVIXwNtKjbD5EHfGcwa?dl=0

Screenshoot proof:post-58316-0-01083200-1441226621_thumb.jpg

The money shot is in the combat logs -- notice in the screenshot that Elka (the ranger) has a Merciless Companion boost for damage, whereas Zelda (the pet) has nothing listed. This is a clear regression from 1.6.

EDIT: since it's not clear from the screenshot, all of this constructs are disabled so every one of them is eligible for sneak attack/merciless companion boost.

Edited by thelee

Try shooting something at the pet and seeing if the DR is 24 instead of what it would normally be. Because if the DR on the pet scaled up, it should be pretty high, even if the stat information shows it as +3 DR only.

Almost everything in the objectbundles folder was affected by the 2.01 patch, which includes items, powers, talents, etc. So it isn't merely the ranger class suffering.

Edited by Ymarsakar

I can confirm the stalker's torc is super bugged. Tried testing to see if the lingering effect had any impact, but from a few minutes of beating on the guards outside Raedric's keep, it actually seems as though it's not applying even when it's equipped. It claims to be an extra 20% damage 'per 3 sec' which is utterly bizarre.

One more bug, merciless hand overwrites merciless companion. No idea why but sadly it does....

Edit: could it be something as simple as using the same name for coding?

Edited by rheingold

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Unfortunately I can't find a work around for the merciless hand bug overwriting merciless companion. I tried to respec, which if I do it normally at an inn, I get all the correct talents back but merciless companion applies to the ranger not the pet. If I try the workaround suggested and exit the level up screen at level 2 merciless companion gets overwritten again.

Not a happy puppy...

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

First, Vicious Companion and Predator's Sense are affecting the Ranger instead of the pet in 2.0.

Second, Resilient Companion said it gave +3 Damage Reduction when I took it at level 4, then it said +4 in the character screen. When I saved and loaded, it said +3 again. I'm not sure if the actual effect changed. It had 9 DR at level 3 and 14 DR at level 4 + Resilient Companion.

Third, I'm not sure if this is a bug, but before 2.0 I would get a class skill every 3-4 levels (can't remember) that increased the pet's abilities. This is no longer the case.

Fourth, the Stalker's Torc extra damage remains under "active effects" even when unequipped. It does disappear from Stalker's Link's description, and I'm not sure if the effect remains. Also, the effect under "active effects" keeps increasing when I level up (up to +140% extra damage at level 14), though it doesn't increase in Stalker's Link's description when equipped. This doesn't happen every time, I'm not sure what the trigger is. Edit: It seems to be leveling up with the Torc equipped.

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the delay. We are aware of these issues.

1. Predator's Sense and Vicious Companion affecting the Ranger is in our database

2. Resilient Companion gains an additional +1 DR every 3 levels. 

3. Can you please be more specific on this issue?

4. We have a bug in the system already.

Just to chime in, I just discovered that Merciless Companion is also affecting the *ranger* not the *pet*. It seems all sorts of ranger stuff is just broken and misapplied.

I have added a bug into our database. 

In the future, please make sure you create a post for each bug. Please do not cram a bunch of bugs in one thread. It make its difficult to us to keep track of bugs when there are too many voices speaking at once. 

Thank you for your support!

Resilient Companion additional DR disappears after a save and load, so it's just the base +3.

Confirmed this.

Save file with Resillent Companion.

How to reproduce: respec and level up chosing Resillent Companion. At level 7 talent will grant +5DR. Save\reload - +3DR.

Combat log tells the same.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/odby8zunceggzjj/b6dc84f0a5ef4e9d8a43a64519c2630c%209960015%20.savegame?dl=0

Edited by lameover

Sorry for my bad english.

Does 2.02 fix Resilient Companionfor for others of You players? In my case(lvl 6)  still in character scoresheet talent desc. says about +4 dr, but in pet active effects shows only 3,same as in combat tooltip.

For Sagani instead, Resilient companion is not showed at all in character scoresheet talent, bot for her pet in active effects Resilient Companion is showed correctly with +4 dr, in combat tooltip DR is also working correctly .

So consluson is that: for PC Ranger Resilient Companion  has 1 less DR than Sagani NPC Ranger in combat.

Afterall it seems 2.02 did not fix either Resilient Companion efficiency for PC Ranger (not  mention about showing  in Sagani scoresheet, what matters is that works OK for Sagani's pet) either Graceful Retreat for Sagani.

So does anybody from among devs  actually took a close look at Ranger bugs at all?

Edited by Gs11

ok somekind mea culpa from my side

despite scoresheet PC ranger still says about +3 DR in pet atcivities, truly DR work ok with 4 DR when I've made a test

but still there are so manny problems ( viewing talents in statistics which couse missunderstandings,sagani  and her greaceful retreat vanishing eq) which make me wondering  do I have to wait for  somekind patch 2.9x to play  ranger and other chars without fear of further progression?....

Edited by Gs11

It looks like more than one ranger talent/ability is bugged. Here are a few related threads.

The Graceful Retreat bug: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/82476-202-rangers-cannot-learn-graceful-retreat/

Sagani (if not rangers) seemingly corrupts save: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/82480-202-major-bug-2-naked-saganis-missing-all-gears/

Hello everyone,

As I have mentioned before, we are aware of these issues as they are in our database and still we are working on these issues. As we enter bugs, fixes don't always get implemented into the patches. Reading the patch notes will help clarify on bugs that have been fixed and implemented.

Thank you all for your support and patience. 

• Like 1

Any news about fixng Resilient Companion bonus  for PC character?

For main character  bonus still doesn"t apply in 3.01.

Edit: actually after respec Resilient Works, so everythings ok . thumbsup.gif

Edited by Gs11