Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

tips for modmaking

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

M.Y.Vinci

M.Y.Vinci

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 2 posts
nice tips,Josh...Modding is not a easy job as it seems to be,you may sit your ass off...

Nihilus5078

Nihilus5078

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 664 posts
Yes I know, 1 year old bump, but will this work for really any game that can be modded? Nice tips as well.

Edited by Nihilus5078, 28 June 2009 - 12:21 PM.

Walsingham

Walsingham

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 5647 posts
  • Location:The drawing room of Lady Muldoon's residence one morning in early spring
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Yes I know, 1 year old bump, but will this work for really any game that can be modded? Nice tips as well.

It should work for any game. I think most of the tips are good project management full stop.

Nihilus5078

Nihilus5078

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 664 posts
Heh, for my Jedi Outcast game, I could make Kyle Katarn Captain Jack Sparrow, :x , Stormtroopers as Cloned Hitlers :x, Desann as Davy Jones the tentacle Davy Jones, Reborn as Grim Reapers :x, Jan as Bastila, and Galak Fyyar as a mongoloid :x . Sounds like fun.

Walsingham

Walsingham

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 5647 posts
  • Location:The drawing room of Lady Muldoon's residence one morning in early spring
  • Kickstarter Backer
I think it'd be funnier to make that assassin droid into Pooh bear.

Nihilus5078

Nihilus5078

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 664 posts
Galak Fyyar = Winnie the Pooh :sorcerer: x1000

Walsingham

Walsingham

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 5647 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
"That screaming noise means something. If there's a screaming noise, somebody's making a screaming noise, and the only reason for making a screaming noise that I know of is because you're a meatbag."

Walsingham

Walsingham

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 5647 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
""My lasfire is Wobbly. It's good lasfire, but it Wobbles, and the holes get in the wrong places.""

Nihilus5078

Nihilus5078

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 664 posts
Empire: TW the new mod in my mind, the Mandalorian vs. Sith Trooper battle, hehe, too fun.

taviow

taviow

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 292 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
THANKS FOR THE TIPS

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 16957 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
"Renegade is Red
Paragon is Blue
Assuming Direct Control
This Hurts You"

R00fles!

Prosper

Prosper

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 332 posts

"Renegade is Red
Paragon is Blue
Assuming Direct Control
This Hurts You"

R00fles!

your shrubby fins will never be polished. no roofies.

my mod making tip is this: do something original for the game, don't try to make the game more original.

BraveWaters

BraveWaters

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 9 posts

It's so cool that you took the time to write all this down for the public! I'm interested to see what the ground beneath cloud city looks like.

Flayeriv

Flayeriv

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Steam:Flayeriv
  • Deadfire Backer

This is easily one of the most fantastic things I have read in a while. Thank you for being so generous and posting all this.

• Bryy likes this

thiagofre

thiagofre

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts

Guys I think you guys should put Portuguese translation. Here in Brazil the staff has invested a lot in games. And sad to wait about 1 year to someone release a playable Portuguese translation. '' Original sin Divinity '' is an example of this here in Brazil. The game has already released some time ago and still do not have a translation. Result is that many Brazilians still have not bought it as I have the game yet to have isso.Para idea the renowned '' ice wind dale '' Not yet possesses a translation. I would ask on behalf of all the people gamer BR so if possible you guys put a translation pt br.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users