Accessing Expansion (new game)

*Appologies if this has been answered already, and if so, I'd apreciate a link.

From what I've been able to find on these forums / steam is that the low end access point is level 6. At which point I should receive a notice @ my stronghold.

Are there any other conditions that must be met? Presently my whole party are level 6, but no notificiation as of yet!

Sorry there is no link...  I'm not really link handy.

I was wondering the same thing and noticed one of the DEV's say that you have to finished a Major Quest in Defiance Bay before you can go to White March.   I'm guessing that that means a quest that feeds into the Main Quest, not one of the many side quests there.

Hope this helps.

Grom

Going to Twin Elms is Chapter 3 ;) (Defiance Bay is Chapter 2)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

To avoid spoilers I'll just say the quest involves the reason you were going to Defiance Bay in the first place.

Yup finally triggered for me - loaded another game and at the exact same point it triggered.

Thanks for the info folks.

So I can't touch White March until Act 3 (post-Defiance Bay)? That'll be a *lot* higher than level 7. I'm already level 8, and I'm only half-way through Defiance Bay and haven't touched anything east of Defiance Bay as of yet. I also won't skip side quests. Will there even be anything left to do?

Thessaly...  From what I read so far in this thread, you can open WM fairly quickly once you hit Defiance Bay.   You just have to trigger a stepping stone in the Main Quest.  I'm guessing you can do that as soon as you reach DB...  I don't know for sure as I haven't tried it yet.  

I'm like you and will not pass up any side quests if it can be helped.  Though I have run into a few that don't seem to like me at all and won't trigger.

Hope this was of help.

Thessaly...  From what I read so far in this thread, you can open WM fairly quickly once you hit Defiance Bay.   You just have to trigger a stepping stone in the Main Quest.  I'm guessing you can do that as soon as you reach DB...  I don't know for sure as I haven't tried it yet.  

I'm like you and will not pass up any side quests if it can be helped.  Though I have run into a few that don't seem to like me at all and won't trigger.

Hope this was of help.

I appreciate the lack of spoilers, but given that I don't know anything about which quests trigger Act 3 -- coupled with the fact there is zero information from Obsidian about how to access the White March with a new game -- I just feel frustrated. I guess that just means I do all of Act 2 before getting to White March then. It really should be listed as Act 3-accessible, not Act 2. Even if it's somehow one quest shy of the full act, it's a poor implementation. Nobody's stopping once the momentum starts.

If you don't know which quests trigger act 3, then I presume you haven't played through the game yet. In which case there is no reason to try and trigger White March ASAP. Just play through the game and White March will eventually crop up.

It's implemented in the same way as BG:TotSC: You can get there from the beginning of chapter 5, but you probably wouldn't want to do it until chapter 7.

Edited by Fardragon

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Thessaly:  My understanding of the WM trigger is that it has nothing to do with Act 3.  Instead it triggers once you've gone to one of the places that your quest log should show you as having to visit in DB.  Reading this topic that place was mentioned in a post just above yours.  

If I knew how to hide spoilers I'd say more...  but I don't so there ya go.

Good Luck and if I make it to DB and trigger WM I'll PM ya how it happened if you would like.   It may take a bit though...  I started a fresh team and haven't even made the hanging tree yet.   :blink:

Thessaly:  My understanding of the WM trigger is that it has nothing to do with Act 3.  Instead it triggers once you've gone to one of the places that your quest log should show you as having to visit in DB.  Reading this topic that place was mentioned in a post just above yours.  

If I knew how to hide spoilers I'd say more...  but I don't so there ya go.

Good Luck and if I make it to DB and trigger WM I'll PM ya how it happened if you would like.   It may take a bit though...  I started a fresh team and haven't even made the hanging tree yet.   :blink:

Sounds good, but I've done everything *except* the main quest (I always do main quests last in an area unless it feels time-pressured) and there's no indication it's ready. So, it's not when you get to Defiance bay but when you end Defiance Bay. I do appreciate the clarification though.

Just follow the mainquest and you will get the note, since for some reason you posted it in the no spoiler section.

No spoilers, exactly. It's just that the documentation simply says "Visit your Stronghold after you unlock Caed Rua." That didn't work. Then I read you had to be level 7. That also didn't work.

I've accepted the fact that there simply isn't a way to go there "early" in the game's story and I've got an idea how to access it now. Hopefully this time it works. :)

Edited by Thessaly