Durgan Iron Ingots

Me too. Things like that + the deflection nerf make non-tank fighters far more viable now.

DPS fighters were always viable, and the deflection nerf hasn't made them any better. It's just made tanky fighters worse.

• Like 1

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Me too. Things like that + the deflection nerf make non-tank fighters far more viable now.

DPS fighters were always viable, and the deflection nerf hasn't made them any better. It's just made tanky fighters worse.

I  agree somewhat. The nerf to Defender was too harsh.

• 3 weeks later...

There are a total of 20 (I don't think I missed any). That's enough for 10 items if you bound them to the forge or 6 if you chose something else.

Are many of these outside the White Forge/Mines area? I scoured the area thoroughly, and I thought I had found quite a few, but when I activated the forge, I found that I had only 8 in my possession. I haven't yet gone to the ice dragon's lair, nor have I braved Cragholdt, but from reading this thread, it doesn't sound like that accounts for an additional 12.

I see a lot of things in the Forge/Mines areas that highlight when I hit Tab, but which aren't selectable, at least in the latest patch (mostly the collapsed constructs, but also one thing that looks like an opened container of large gold-ish bars). Those aren't supposed to contain ingots, are they?

Edited by kungfujoe

Erik Harris

There are actually 21.  I have that many on my complete (except for end game and WM 2) playthrough.  There's a post somewhere around here with the list of where they're found.  And no, kungfujoe, they aren't all in the Battery....  Let me see if I can find the post with the list, and edit with the link.

Okay, here you go - and from one post in there (pi2repsion's) it looks like there may be actually 23....

Edited by Oralaina

It looks like your attempt to copy a link to the other thread didn't work. (Edit: I assume this is the link you meant to post)

As I go back through the battery levels (scouting all the way, with a character with mechanics at 11), it sure seems like I should have had more than 8 in my inventory. The mining cart area alone is supposed to have 8 in it, and I cleared that out!  I wonder if I got hit with a bug of some sort that deleted some of my ingots.

Edit: Ah ha, the 8 I missed were the ones in the SW cart, not in the SE room accessed via the mining cart!  I didn't get the frozen guy's note until I was on my way back up, so I missed those 8.  That accounts for the 16 in Durgan's Battery.

Edited by kungfujoe

Erik Harris

There are actually 21.  I have that many on my complete (except for end game and WM 2) playthrough.  There's a post somewhere around here with the list of where they're found.  And no, kungfujoe, they aren't all in the Battery....  Let me see if I can find the post with the list, and edit with the link.

Okay, here you go - and from one post in there (pi2repsion's) it looks like there may be actually 23....

Which post are you referring to?

I could only see the one that counts to 21.

That said, 21 makes the most sense imho. If you don't bind souls to the forge, it takes three ingots to get a piece of Durgan ore so it makes sense that the total number of ingots is divisible by 3.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Which post are you referring to?

I could only see the one that counts to 21.

That said, 21 makes the most sense imho. If you don't bind souls to the forge, it takes three ingots to get a piece of Durgan ore so it makes sense that the total number of ingots is divisible by 3.

I can't add.  No surprise there!  Yep, 21.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

As a nice guy, I released the souls of the three Dwarven Durgan leaders from the White Forge. As my reward? I only get even less Refined Drugan Steel ingots to play with. Next play through, I am definitely letting their souls be enslaved to the White Forge, and work for me for eternity.

I love being able to use Refined Durgan Steel to make any armor or weapon a better version of itself.  However, someone seriously underestimated the number of Durgan Ingots a player may want.  Furthermore, it's a freaking mine and by Part II there should be a way for me to gather some more, and/or buy some from a vendor.

Probably Korbal... that is another irony.  In the Battery, Korbal sells weapons and armor, but they fail to be made with "Durgan Steel".

That is a fantastik example of a fail by whoever was in charge with the group that oversaw that aspect of the game.

As a nice guy, I released the souls of the three Dwarven Durgan leaders from the White Forge. As my reward? I only get even less Refined Drugan Steel ingots to play with. Next play through, I am definitely letting their souls be enslaved to the White Forge, and work for me for eternity.

I love being able to use Refined Durgan Steel to make any armor or weapon a better version of itself.  However, someone seriously underestimated the number of Durgan Ingots a player may want.  Furthermore, it's a freaking mine and by Part II there should be a way for me to gather some more, and/or buy some from a vendor.

Probably Korbal... that is another irony.  In the Battery, Korbal sells weapons and armor, but they fail to be made with "Durgan Steel".

That is a fantastik example of a fail by whoever was in charge with the group that oversaw that aspect of the game.

There are additional Durgan ingots added in part 2. As for selling Durgan refined equipment, it sounds like they've not gotten that far along in the process yet. They're still setting up inn the forge.

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

• 11 months later...

In case someone has not found the info elsewhere yet, there are 21 ingots, not 20.

Nope.

http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Durgan_Iron_Ingot

You are wrong, you count the one from the quest Lair of the eyeless too, but this is a quest in White March part 2. So, it's 21 in WM1 and 15 in WM2.  I corrected the wiki again.

Edited by 613 The Evil