2.0 Mac Version and White March

Hi So I bought PoE via the Apple App Store (I had an iTunes gift card so why not?) While it looks like 2.0 and the expansion are available on Steam and GoG, when will the App Store have an update? I'm fine waiting a few more days since I'm playing through Shadowrun: Hong Kong right now, but a time frame would be nice.

If there's no concrete time frame (I know Apple is finicky about apps) can I purchase the expansion on GoG and have it still be compatible with my game?

I signed up on this website just for this information. I bought expansion on GOG.com but unable to download it. I guess because I purchased POE in App Store originally, dunno. Not sure about Steam, really not interested in using them and do not want to blow another $15 to find out it won't be available to me there as well. 

I signed up on this website just for this information. I bought expansion on GOG.com but unable to download it. I guess because I purchased POE in App Store originally, dunno. Not sure about Steam, really not interested in using them and do not want to blow another $15 to find out it won't be available to me there as well. 

So wait you can't even download it from GOG? I was curious if I should try the download and install since they have a 30-day MBG.

MacPlay which takes care of the game in the Appstore generally need a few days to get a nice package and approvement from apple.

If its done you will see it in the store and most likely here: http://mpdigitalgames.com/news/

Thanks for this info!

So apparently, if you've bought it through the Mac Store, then nothing else will work... I bought it through GOG but have been informed that this is basically useless. There's no time frame or estimate for when it's going to be coming. Don't see why it can't come in the form of a downloadable file to be installed on the user's end, I also have no interest in fiddling with Steam or GoG or these platforms.

Really not ideal in terms of getting info out there... if I knew that buying through the App store (the most obvious way to get something) was going to mean later updates and DLC, I wouldn't have done it. At this point it could be weeks or months until the patch is available.

I was able to download it for gog both the patch and the expansion, but mac version seems broken. Starting a new game results in black screen, where I can hear that the game is running, just the map wouldnt load. after loading a pre exp savegame, it does load properly, but zoning also results in black screen...

I was able to download it for gog both the patch and the expansion, but mac version seems broken. Starting a new game results in black screen, where I can hear that the game is running, just the map wouldnt load. after loading a pre exp savegame, it does load properly, but zoning also results in black screen...

Is there a place to just download the patch? The usual mac issues are just turning down your graphics setting a notch or two. Try going to the options before starting a new game.

So burried in their support page and not in the news is this tidbit from mac play: https://macplay.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/2104878-pillars-2-0-update-the-white-march

Pillars 2.0 Update / The White March
Last Updated: Aug 26, 2015 03:11AM UTC
The Pillars of Eternity 2.0 update has been uploaded to Apple and will be released shortly on the Mac App Store.

We are actively working with Obsidian on brining the White March expansion pack to the Mac App Store as an in-app purchase. There currently is no time frame for the release.

Been two days since that post and no update yet. I know the App Store and Apple are very slow about this.

Edited by awesomologist

I think Apple checks it out and gives its ok within 7 days (assuming no problems with program) and gets it available. Talked with a friend who has written a few apps and he said a week was tops but they sometimes get them online within 36 hours again assuming no problems. 

I think Apple checks it out and gives its ok within 7 days (assuming no problems with program) and gets it available. Talked with a friend who has written a few apps and he said a week was tops but they sometimes get them online within 36 hours again assuming no problems. 

Yeah i figure the patch with come by the 1st. But it may be a while before the White March shows up.

• 4 weeks later...