Good Old Games

Blarghagh

What about if I extract the CD-key from my Steam version of Stalker? :p

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Really like the gog Twitch feed from KOTOR2 (with TSLRCM) each weekend. I may of course be slightly biased.

Haven't bought anything there for ages though.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

An interesting Diablo clone from Eidos released today: Revenant. The plot and setting are the standard poorly made cliches, the world however is bright, colourful and extremely vibrant and if one sticks with the combat it is revealed to be a thing of beauty, with a host of finishers for each type of monster, grappling and throws and a number of very powerful spells to take advantage of.

The protagonist Locke is a unique individual who is fully voice acted, at first far too dramatically, but this soon settles down into a far more even cadence. Well as even as it can be considering his nature.

A quick demonstration from the animators website of his work on the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqxfp-msQhc

Edit: Oh and it must be added that the cinematics are absoultely stunning. Alltogether it is a flawed gem, with far too much grinding and clearly rushed development, what if is the question that looms large here.

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Apologies for the double post.

Forgotten Realms fans may wish to visit GOG in the near future however, I predict a golden reward if one searches thoroughly.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Forgotten Realms fans may wish to visit GOG in the near future however, I predict a golden reward if one searches thoroughly.

You mean this, right?

As much as I loved the gold box games when I was a young'un, I am afraid to revisit them.  I'm scared that the 2015 version of Keyrock, bereft of hair and rotund of belly, made cynical by exposure to the real world, would destroy the romantic images I have of these games.  I'll keep my rose tinted glasses on and leave the memories in the past.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Fan-$#^%-tastic news!

(Though... I already have all of them in that kit on CD.)

I wonder.... The original release accidentally (I assume) included the C source code for the Tigre engine, used to make Blood & Magic.

(But that was in the Blood & Magic demo folder on the disc... That won't be among the games.)

Edited by Gizmo

Well that might actually be in the proverbial Eye of the Beholder. :biggrin:

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMRo5XCKddQ

That's the one Keyrock and Majestic. Also if I may be so bold, the All Seeing Eye mod for EotB is a very nice automapping tool which some may think the game needs, I wouldn't take advantage of too many of its features however, just in case one spoils oneself.

Edited by Nonek

Tea for the teapot!

Also if I may be so bold, the All Seeing Eye mod for EotB is a very nice automapping tool which some may think the game needs, I wouldn't take advantage of too many of its features however, just in case one spoils oneself.

For myself... I've got all the maps burned into the brain; even stuff that wasn't in the clue book. original.gif

*It'd be nice if this sparked a wave of popular retro-clones... Give some competition to Jeff Vogel for once.

Edited by Gizmo
  • Like 1

I'm wondering whether EotB 1 will have the ending implemented.

@Gfted1: I really don't think these would be up your alley old man.

• Like 2

Tea for the teapot!

I'm wondering whether EotB 1 will have the ending implemented.

@Gfted1: I really don't think these would be up your alley old man.

This ending?

I was wondering the same thing; and trying to post it on the GoG forums.

Edited by Gizmo

http://www.gog.com/news/bethesda_softworks_its_way_to_gogcom

Bethesda games and some series they bought afterwards on GOG now. Fallout's back on, woo, etc.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I didn't know Fallout ever went away, I had them for the duration as I did a playthrough of both, strange. That said I hope New Vegas comes out eventually, at that point I think Steam might go the way of the Dodo, it's just so irritating and cumbersome with how little I use it in comparison to GOG.

Tea for the teapot!

I didn't know Fallout ever went away, I had them for the duration as I did a playthrough of both, strange.

Once the transfer became final, and Interplay could not sell Fallout, the Fallout games disappeared from the open catalog. Existing owners kept them in their accounts, but no new purchases were possible.

*They've done this with other titles as well. XIII is gone ~unless you had it in your account.

GoG was really awesome too, they made the Fallout games free for a time.

Edited by Gizmo
  • Like 1

Odd. I have Fallout, Fallout 2 and Tactics from before they disappeared and now that they're back I could purchase them again because the game titles are not an exact match (Fallout Classic vs. Fallout). Just a heads-up, take care you don't buy something you already own.

Bought the Bethesda and ID bundles. While I didn't really like Morrowind I wanted Daggerfall and Arena just for, uhm, nostalgia's sake. :)

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Interesting article here on the rights issues surrounding the Gold Box/ SSI D&D games recently released on GOG. No mention of the unreleased classic D&D games there that I can see like the Dark Sun games or Stone Prophet but it seems that the ownership rights were with a pretty random company who did sell them outright to GOG, so they are probably coming at a later date.

Will be interesting to see if Bethesda does release any of their later games. Oblivion and FO3 were both effectively drm free on disk release already- so long as you avoided the launcher but it would be pretty nifty to get a DRM free Dishonoured or FONV eventually.

• 2 weeks later...