Faction Hit & Miss

Mereinid

Question

Greetings gamers, I seem to be in a bit of a quandry. I have been doing some research on the three factions within Defiance Bay. The Knights, The Daemons(sp)-Thieves- and the Dozens. I have been following, religously, the Collectors Edition strategy guide, so as to not miss anything
Well the guide said to, once I arrived in Defiance Bay to complete the side quests before I continue on with the main quest, as at one point the main quest will pull you out of Defiance Bay and you wont be back for a while. ( Like leaving Candle Keep and not returning until like levels later) Anyway, I started off withe Dozens quests, I finished the Down Below quest and attained the super spear. Then I started on the Knights quest. I did one quest, to attain the notes from a scribe, now the knights wont talk to me once I completed that quest. Something about, we know about how close you are to the Dozens, you can see how this puts us on guard about you. ( Actually no, as you just trusted me to get a set of notes that allows you to bind souls to your armors, no I don't see it at all) 
With me unable to go there, I head over to the Dameons(sp)-thiefs house in Brackenbury. First off, according to the strategy guide, I slip into an abondned house in Copperlane, attack and deal with some roguish types, and then press on back to Brackenbury lane. Hand the papers over to son, he's like gruff and huff and puff, you *will* do this for me. I do it for him, I come back, hand him said item. He's like very very happy, HUGE boost in their reputaion, well actually it was like Moderate boost. Anywho, he told me to go see his pops, who is also happy with my skills and needs more allys like me
I go see dad. Dad says, I'm sorry, my informants tell me you are very close to the Dozens, I am sure you see the issue here, you can see yourself out.

Sorry for the long winded version. Now, I cant proceed. I cant talk to anyone and I'm not even entirely sure how to proceed from here. According to the guide, I have like 15 pages of side quests I can't do now.

Does anyone have any suggestions, aside from starting over? I have almost 70 hours into the game now. I'm a stickler for slow scouting every zone and looking for hidden goodies.

Thanks everyone!

Luck and Loot,
Mereinid

3 answers to this question

You can not have a good reputation with all 3 Factions the same time. They don't like each other, so they don't give you work if they know you work for the others, and they will know it.

You say you have started with the Dozens, so go to them, finish their quests until you can get the invitation for the hearing. The other factions need to wait for a later play through.

Hello all.  As Xaratas and lameover have mentioned, you are now only available to do quests for the Dozens on this play through.  The first quests you get from each faction are just to give you an idea of who you are dealing with.  After that you are locked in to whichever you decide to do the next quest for.  Thanks for your support!

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/